After a long movement of my house, a little vacation and cleaning the attic, I have found my enthousiasm back to do something about this build.
Totday I have started this build again, first I will disassemble the radio. Ofcourse with pain in my heart, because it's a real old radio. But there was no way to bring it back alive. It's eating dust knowadays.
So let's disassable the radio!
After 64 years a disassambling the radio. First the backpart.
It takes only 4 screws.
After pulling the internal from the case it sees sunlight! And what do we find... yes a dead spider.
What a history is there in this radio. I like the glass tubes!
This is the front of the radio.
It was a real world reciever!
These buttons will come back on the build.
I removed the frontpanel. I don't think I want to clean it. The old look is fine.
The lights for the plexiglass, nowadays we use LEDs.
De front is removed from the internal radio. Everything works with fine wires and little springs.
This was build to last indeed. Nevertheless it ends here.
It's really old and everything works mechanical.
I was shocked because of what I found here. Wires, wires. Nowadays we have a little PCB for it.
OMG I love these Tubes!
Now it's time to disassable the speaker.
I really wanted to see if the speaker is still intact. Indeed it was!
The speaker is gone, now the rest. This is gonna be the blueprint of the new front. So it's an important part.
The fabric is gone. Just a waste.
Here are the important parts for the build. The back, front and plexi.
This I bought six months ago. It's the eyecatcher. It had a steampunk feeling to it.
Here an example how it's gonna look. Great!
And so only the case is left. Cleaned it with water and no chemicals.
And now it's time to measure it all! Till nextime!