Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › SSD › Is it a normal result for RAID 0 mushkin chronos 240GB?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is it a normal result for RAID 0 mushkin chronos 240GB? - Page 6

post #51 of 74
woah! LOL! what a day, amazing! biggrin.gif

the second part of riddle - weird speed drop in Seq Read speeds while in raid0 is now solved!

Mushkin Technician Sean has found out that the drive signature of my original/initial SSD was actually mislabeled and IT IS a Chronos Deluxe after all biggrin.gif

... I think now everything is crystal clear, ultimately everybody was right haha wink.gif

ordered a matching second SSD, Chronos Deluxe 240GB and in meantime was able to deal with excellent (or rather eggxellent) Newegg Customer Service who agreed to take the non-deluxe drive back for a refund instead of replacement smile.gif

Now everything should go easy LOL thumb.gif
Edited by feniks - 4/3/13 at 11:14am
post #52 of 74
Great news bud thumb.gif
post #53 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooRules View Post

Great news bud thumb.gif

hehe, thanks, it was quite a riddle, wasn't it? wink.gif
glad it all ended up like that biggrin.gif
post #54 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by feniks View Post

hehe, thanks, it was quite a riddle, wasn't it? wink.gif
glad it all ended up like that biggrin.gif

Yeah, please report back here after you receive the new drive and run the tests again? I'd like a confirmation on that.

I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1. I did not install any F6 drivers during setup. Just ran the the setup and then installed Intel RST 11.7 once i was in the OS.

Still seeing the slow seq speeds on my Corsair Neutron GTX 120GBs. If your new hardware resolves your isssue, perhaps I'm fudging up my installation in some way.
post #55 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck69 View Post

Yeah, please report back here after you receive the new drive and run the tests again? I'd like a confirmation on that.

I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1. I did not install any F6 drivers during setup. Just ran the the setup and then installed Intel RST 11.7 once i was in the OS.

Still seeing the slow seq speeds on my Corsair Neutron GTX 120GBs. If your new hardware resolves your isssue, perhaps I'm fudging up my installation in some way.

yeah, in regular MBR installation it doesn't ask for drivers as it uses its own ones to see RAID0, however inGPT installation method (EFI boot) it can't see the raid array and loading F6 drivers is needed wink.gif
maybe try updating to latest Intel WHQL OROM 12.5? you have very new drives, I doubt they are truly supported in such an old OROM as 11.x (ASUS stepped backwards on OROM version at some point instead of going upwards).

try that with BIOS flash back method, I just updated my MVE to OROM 12.5, works like a charm:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1244232/asus-asrock-bioss-with-updated-raid-orom

Flashback guide (forMaximus V Extreme you need to rename BIOS file to M5E.CAP )
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback
post #56 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by feniks View Post

yeah, in regular MBR installation it doesn't ask for drivers as it uses its own ones to see RAID0, however inGPT installation method (EFI boot) it can't see the raid array and loading F6 drivers is needed wink.gif
maybe try updating to latest Intel WHQL OROM 12.5? you have very new drives, I doubt they are truly supported in such an old OROM as 11.x (ASUS stepped backwards on OROM version at some point instead of going upwards).

try that with BIOS flash back method, I just updated my MVE to OROM 12.5, works like a charm:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1244232/asus-asrock-bioss-with-updated-raid-orom

Flashback guide (forMaximus V Extreme you need to rename BIOS file to M5E.CAP )
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback

Do you know if he made any other changes to the stock BIOS? Did he just update the OROM?
post #57 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck69 View Post

Do you know if he made any other changes to the stock BIOS? Did he just update the OROM?

no changes in BIOS except for 2 things:
a) Intel OROM updated to latest WHQL
b) EFI IRST SATA module updated (forgot version, but it works fine)

the rest is same stock 1707.

in windows use it with IRST 12.0 driver, this one has TRIM support, the latest IRST 12.5 doesn't wink.gif
Edited by feniks - 4/3/13 at 7:27pm
post #58 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by feniks View Post

no changes inBIOS except for 2 things:
a) Intel OROM updated to latest WHQL
b) EFI IRST SATA module updated (forgot version, but it works fine)

the rest is same stock 1707.

in windows use it with IRST 12.0 driver, this one has TRIM support, the latest IRST 12.5 doesn't wink.gif

Cool. Here we go...

Thx for the links, btw. Saved me some search time.
Edited by LuckyDuck69 - 4/3/13 at 7:32pm
post #59 of 74
well, well, I'm still feeling lucky biggrin.gif
new Deluxe drive will get delivered to me today, so this evening I will be firing up Chronos Deluxe RAID0 ... and on new SATA cables with latches this time wink.gif
I figured then since my old cables didn't have latches and one of them was quirky anyways, I went with new ones from OK Gear ... and for RAID0 I want latches LOL.

will post back later with AS SSD benchmark, hopefully no surprises this time thumb.gif
post #60 of 74
Awesome. Thanks for keeping the situation updated here. I'm def interested in following this.

DISCLAIMER: he's really not feeling me
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SSD
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › SSD › Is it a normal result for RAID 0 mushkin chronos 240GB?