Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › 7750 Black Edition only getting 3.0ghz? max vcore?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

7750 Black Edition only getting 3.0ghz? max vcore? - Page 3

post #21 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisto View Post

THX for the replies. Hypertransport is at auto. Northbridge is 2.2ghz so I think HT is at the same? Either that or 1.8ghz. I will try fiddling around with the FSB a little bit, no time till later in the week.
bad multi's?? ah bad multipliers, so your saying maybe pushing the FSB a bit might unstick the processor at whatever rut it is hitting. worth a try.
Hey what do you guys think about running a 95w Thuban six-core on my motherboard? (Gigabyte MA785G-UD3H). I'm trying to upgrade just enough to max out my motherboard because I don't think I will buy another socket AM board since it seems the trend is moving toward APUs at this time. I think a six-core might be overkill on DDR2 800mhz RAM, maybe better just go with that phenom II Deneb I was thinking about earlier.

Try keeping HT around 2.0 ghz, higher than that introduces instability and doesn't improve performance.

As mentioned by a few people the 960t would be a good choice for you. thumb.gif


Also APU's are nice, but arent going to replace a proper GPU in serious gaming rigs soon.
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 39
Thread Starter 
Super replies! i will pick up a 960T and a few of those nifty mosfet heatsinks as soon as I pay my rent! rolleyes.gif With a 960T I think my system will last at least a couple more years, maybe three if I add a new graphics card sometime. aweshum guys!
post #23 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySe7ens View Post

Try keeping HT around 2.0 ghz, higher than that introduces instability and doesn't improve performance.
As mentioned by a few people the 960t would be a good choice for you. thumb.gif
Also APU's are nice, but arent going to replace a proper GPU in serious gaming rigs soon.

Lucky, nice job on your brisbane in your sig. i guess you can't blame me for wanting to ditch my 7750 that can't even clock as high as yours
post #24 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisto View Post

Lucky, nice job on your brisbane in your sig. i guess you can't blame me for wanting to ditch my 7750 that can't even clock as high as yours

Hey thanks! Yeah its still trucking along @ ~3.2ghz after all these years of abusing it, shoot it runs >3.0ghz @ stock vcore IIRC. My fav part is this ooold motherboard will accept Phenom II's with a beta bios so if i ever actually have need for more CPU power i can go that route...
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisto View Post

THX for the replies. Hypertransport is at auto. Northbridge is 2.2ghz so I think HT is at the same? Either that or 1.8ghz. I will try fiddling around with the FSB a little bit, no time till later in the week.
bad multi's?? ah bad multipliers, so your saying maybe pushing the FSB a bit might unstick the processor at whatever rut it is hitting. worth a try.
Hey what do you guys think about running a 95w Thuban six-core on my motherboard? (Gigabyte MA785G-UD3H). I'm trying to upgrade just enough to max out my motherboard because I don't think I will buy another socket AM board since it seems the trend is moving toward APUs at this time. I think a six-core might be overkill on DDR2 800mhz RAM, maybe better just go with that phenom II Deneb I was thinking about earlier.

It's a good idea if you want to sit back and watch some fireworks devil.gif
eh..you could get a 960T Zosma and leave it locked and OC it a little ..probably be kind of fun! :wheee.gif:
you could look here for a better motherboard..
http://www.geeks.com/products_sc.asp?cat=1220
that a79xtd pro is solid..
AMD probably won't have anything good for desktop til the fall wth.gifsad-smiley-002.gif
 
Thuban Powah!
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5650 Asus P6X58D-E Sapphire HD 7950 G.Skill Trident-X 2600 CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Samsung 840 pro Bong cooler / RASA waterblock Rosewill Capstone Gold 750 None 
MouseMouse PadAudio
cheap! Newegg box panel ibeats with onboard. 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T w/2 cores locked @ 4.2+ M4a89GTD-Pro XFX Radeon HD 5870 8gb Samsung ddr3 1600 11-11-11-28@ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Agility2 40gb WD Blue 500GB Lite-On RASA waterblock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows & Linux Samsung 1080p 2 ms Dell Thermaltake TR2-800 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Elite 330 (was) cheap 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Thuban Powah!
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5650 Asus P6X58D-E Sapphire HD 7950 G.Skill Trident-X 2600 CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Samsung 840 pro Bong cooler / RASA waterblock Rosewill Capstone Gold 750 None 
MouseMouse PadAudio
cheap! Newegg box panel ibeats with onboard. 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T w/2 cores locked @ 4.2+ M4a89GTD-Pro XFX Radeon HD 5870 8gb Samsung ddr3 1600 11-11-11-28@ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Agility2 40gb WD Blue 500GB Lite-On RASA waterblock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows & Linux Samsung 1080p 2 ms Dell Thermaltake TR2-800 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Elite 330 (was) cheap 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmuckley View Post

It's a good idea if you want to sit back and watch some fireworks devil.gif
eh..you could get a 960T Zosma and leave it locked and OC it a little ..probably be kind of fun! :wheee.gif:
you could look here for a better motherboard..
http://www.geeks.com/products_sc.asp?cat=1220
that a79xtd pro is solid..

This


also the 7750BE was more of a 2009 chip and really for people disappointed with Pentium D 820 game performance, even then the Pentium Dual Core e5200 was the same price and could overclock to 4GHZ. The most stable I saw a 7750BE was a 3.3 GHZ and that was with alot of volts. It was based on Phenom I so it wasn't good to begin with. It's still semi decent but there are better options out there dirt cheap now.

Also a Celeron G530 is a ton better than a 7750BE and it can't even be overclocked.

I honestly would get a Athlon X3 435/440 if u don't want to change sockets.
Um Stock....
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700 MSI B150 Mortar Artic Zotac GTX 1060 3GB Crucial 8 GB DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256 Mushkin Triactor Pioneer BR-RW Windows 10 LTSB x64 Seiki 4K 60HZ 42 inch 
  hide details  
Reply
Um Stock....
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700 MSI B150 Mortar Artic Zotac GTX 1060 3GB Crucial 8 GB DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256 Mushkin Triactor Pioneer BR-RW Windows 10 LTSB x64 Seiki 4K 60HZ 42 inch 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 39
As long as he isn't overclocking a x6 on it and is using a 95 watt chip itll be ok according to this AMD Motherboard VRM information list.
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 39
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1619499

just sayin

and that was with 4 dual sided dimms at ddr2 1066
*censored*
(15 items)
 
vision
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 910e GA-880GM-UD2H PowerColor AX6750 OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500  
  hide details  
Reply
*censored*
(15 items)
 
vision
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 910e GA-880GM-UD2H PowerColor AX6750 OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500  
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 39
Thread Starter 
mobo is very similar to mine. Can you tell me what frequency and voltage your NB was?
post #30 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisto View Post

mobo is very similar to mine. Can you tell me what frequency and voltage your NB was?

nb @2415 1.35v feels like ive had this board forever lol

its been thru 8 cpus!
*censored*
(15 items)
 
vision
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 910e GA-880GM-UD2H PowerColor AX6750 OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500  
  hide details  
Reply
*censored*
(15 items)
 
vision
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 910e GA-880GM-UD2H PowerColor AX6750 OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › 7750 Black Edition only getting 3.0ghz? max vcore?