Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASRock Z77 Discussion/Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASRock Z77 Discussion/Owners Club - Page 8

post #71 of 3170
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjon View Post

Got a ASRock Z77 Fatal1ty Pro and 3770K. Just fine tuning my overclock still confused about using LLC levels.
Got it stable at 4.6ghz with LLC auto and LLC level 3 both reporting similar temps and voltages under load.
  • LLC Auto
  • 4.6ghz
  • Voltage offset +0.065v
  • Load CPUz voltage 1.224v
  • P95 Peak 71C
  • IBT Peak 79C
  • LLC Level 3
  • 4.6ghz
  • Voltage offset +0.020v
  • Load CPUz voltage 1.216v
  • P95 Peak 70C
  • IBT Peak 78C
So pretty much the same, level 3 is 1 step down on load volts and 1C cooler but not run prime for so long may yet need to nudge the volts up a notch.
Does it make any difference which settings I use?
Also why does it effect my required voltage offset so much? feels like LLC 3 just does a +.040v.
Should I be using fixed volts instead? Doesn't using the offset get me lower voltage in idle with cooler temps?
Going to have a go at level 2 now, not sure about using level 1 read something about it been bad for CPU and possible voltage spikes?

What cooler are you using?
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksen View Post

I did see a numeric drop of performance after I uninstalled after a year of usage. My LoL ping used to be 23 and it dropped to 28 average, not big differences but it's there.
It takes a while for them to shape your internet usage so I would say test it in a month.
right click on icon from the taskbar and there should be an option like "disable/enable" windows or something along the lines. I'm at work right now so I can't check it for u frown.gif

What do you mean it takes a while for them to shape your internet usage? The program itself learns our bandwidth usage and allocates accordingly? Or do you mean it takes a while for the user to learn how to tweak it to meet their needs? I was tired of the window popping up at random, mid movie or mid game, so I uninstalled it. I know my speedtest.net results are better after uninstalling it. With it installed I was getting 25down/4up/45ping, with it UNinstalled I am getting 34down/7up/28ping. Now I guess that's because its throttling my browser's bandwidth to prioritize my games, but I had no games running so why not allocate 100% to browsing? I also noticed my browsing would come to a screeching halt if I had a streaming video running, which to me is unnecessary when I have a 35meg connection. If I get back into MMO's I may give it another try, but for now I'm leaving it uninstalled.
post #72 of 3170
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbris84 View Post

What cooler are you using?

Got a Phanteks PH-TC14PE in a Silverstone FT02 case so cooling is pretty good dispite only running with one fan on the CPU and low fan speeds .

I get the bit about LLC eliminating droop but doesn't seem to make any real difference when using auto voltage. Maybe will try a run with fixed voltage and level 2......

LLC Level 2 auto volts results:
  • LLC Level 2
  • 4.6ghz
  • Voltage offset +0.000v
  • Load CPUz voltage 1.224v
  • P95 Peak 70C
  • IBT Peak 78C
Does this mean auto put my volts up to 1.224? Thought auto would max out at default 1.180v?

Case: Silverstone SST-FT02B-W
PSU: Corsair HX 850W
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Fatal1ty Pro
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6ghz
Graphics: EVGA Nvidia 680 GTX
Memory: Samsung Green 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1866mhz
CPU: Cooler Phanteks PH-TC14PE Red
Hard Drive: 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001 Barracuda
SSD: 256GB Crucial RealSSD M4
Edited by iamjon - 5/9/12 at 2:24pm
post #73 of 3170
Nice to see this finally arrive....

Asrock Z77 professional owner right here, still on 5ghz 2500k thumb.gif
Chewy's Chomper
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 6700k Asis Z170 Deluxe MSI GTX 1080 Gaming x 16GB Corsair vengence DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung M2 256gb nvme Custom loop, 360+120 rads Windows 10 64bit Asus 28" MG28UQ 4K 
PowerCase
Seasonic X series 750w gold Corsair 400c 
  hide details  
Reply
Chewy's Chomper
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 6700k Asis Z170 Deluxe MSI GTX 1080 Gaming x 16GB Corsair vengence DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung M2 256gb nvme Custom loop, 360+120 rads Windows 10 64bit Asus 28" MG28UQ 4K 
PowerCase
Seasonic X series 750w gold Corsair 400c 
  hide details  
Reply
post #74 of 3170
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbris84 View Post

What do you mean it takes a while for them to shape your internet usage? The program itself learns our bandwidth usage and allocates accordingly? Or do you mean it takes a while for the user to learn how to tweak it to meet their needs? I was tired of the window popping up at random, mid movie or mid game, so I uninstalled it. I know my speedtest.net results are better after uninstalling it. With it installed I was getting 25down/4up/45ping, with it UNinstalled I am getting 34down/7up/28ping. Now I guess that's because its throttling my browser's bandwidth to prioritize my games, but I had no games running so why not allocate 100% to browsing? I also noticed my browsing would come to a screeching halt if I had a streaming video running, which to me is unnecessary when I have a 35meg connection. If I get back into MMO's I may give it another try, but for now I'm leaving it uninstalled.

Like I said, it could have been placebo effect.
Not facing any troubles browsing and gaming right now so...

there's a setting for the program to learn and shape traffic, unless this is totally different from cfos(I suggest those interested go lookat their website)

for gaming, it works just like any TCP optimizer and MTU editing. Personally, I've been using MTU lately.

If it bothers you, I highly suggest you uninstalling it.
post #75 of 3170
Add me:P Z77 Fatal1ty Pro with 3770k
338
post #76 of 3170
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksen View Post

Like I said, it could have been placebo effect.
Not facing any troubles browsing and gaming right now so...
there's a setting for the program to learn and shape traffic, unless this is totally different from cfos(I suggest those interested go lookat their website)
for gaming, it works just like any TCP optimizer and MTU editing. Personally, I've been using MTU lately.
If it bothers you, I highly suggest you uninstalling it.

After uninstalling it, I think my browsing is smoother. I'm definitely going to give it another try once I actually get a game worth playing. I'm all for lower pings when I'm gaming. I didn't see the learning feature, but I really didn't mess with it a whole lot. Were you paying for the software? I believe the one that came with the Extreme4 was a 30day trial.
post #77 of 3170
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjon View Post

I get the bit about LLC eliminating droop but doesn't seem to make any real difference when using auto voltage. Maybe will try a run with fixed voltage and level 2......
LLC Level 2 auto volts results:
  • LLC Level 2
  • 4.6ghz
  • Voltage offset +0.000v
  • Load CPUz voltage 1.224v
  • P95 Peak 70C
  • IBT Peak 78C
Does this mean auto put my volts up to 1.224? Thought auto would max out at default 1.180v?

Final set of results:
  • LLC Level 2
  • 4.6ghz
  • Fixed Voltage 1.235
  • Idle CPUz voltage 1.224v
  • Load CPUz voltage 1.216v
  • P95 Peak 70C
  • IBT Peak 79C

So in summary as long as CPUz is reporting around 1.220v my 3770k runs stable at 4.6ghz with temps peaking a 70 in P95 and 78 in IBT.

Think I'll stick with the following settings for now as like the idea of using LLC but also want voltage offset to keep it low in idle.
  • LLC Level 3
  • 4.6ghz
  • Voltage offset +0.020v
  • Load CPUz voltage 1.216v
  • P95 Peak 70C
  • IBT Peak 78C

Edited by iamjon - 5/9/12 at 2:33pm
post #78 of 3170
Thread Starter 
So I have made new ground with hitting the 4.7 and 4.8 marks. I am splitting my time between overclocking and gaming so things are slower but by this weekend I should be at 5.0 stable.

I cannot provide solid evidence yet that what I did is going to work all the way to 5.0 but to give the guys that are having troubles, use the blue screen code list i posted in the original post. It helps immensely.

I have been running my PLL @ 1.799 and i have increased my VTT by a few clicks to help out.
I cant provide numbers yet but that is what has been working for me, may be worth looking into.
Ivy
(19 items)
 
fiance pc
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K ASRock Extreme4 Z77 eVGA GTX 660 Ti Corsair Dominator DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barricuda 32MB Cache 7200RPM OCZ Vertex 3 SSD TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B ATA XSPC Raystorm(Intel) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Razor GTX 570 Magicool Slim 140mmX2 Radiator XSPC Res+Pump Combo Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 22in Widescreen 1680x1050 I-Rocks Light up Rosewill Xtreme 850W Green NZXT M59 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 Steelseries Qck+ Steelseries Siberia v1 Headset with USB Soundcard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q9550 Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR nVidia Geforce GTX 260 Core 216 Corsair Dominator DDR3 1333MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Barricuda 7200RPM XSPC Raystorm CPU (Intel) Windows 7 x64 HP 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Logisys Light Up 650Watt 10 dollar special Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivy
(19 items)
 
fiance pc
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K ASRock Extreme4 Z77 eVGA GTX 660 Ti Corsair Dominator DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barricuda 32MB Cache 7200RPM OCZ Vertex 3 SSD TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B ATA XSPC Raystorm(Intel) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Razor GTX 570 Magicool Slim 140mmX2 Radiator XSPC Res+Pump Combo Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 22in Widescreen 1680x1050 I-Rocks Light up Rosewill Xtreme 850W Green NZXT M59 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 Steelseries Qck+ Steelseries Siberia v1 Headset with USB Soundcard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q9550 Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR nVidia Geforce GTX 260 Core 216 Corsair Dominator DDR3 1333MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Barricuda 7200RPM XSPC Raystorm CPU (Intel) Windows 7 x64 HP 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Logisys Light Up 650Watt 10 dollar special Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #79 of 3170
Quote:
Originally Posted by aar0nsky View Post

So I have made new ground with hitting the 4.7 and 4.8 marks. I am splitting my time between overclocking and gaming so things are slower but by this weekend I should be at 5.0 stable.
I cannot provide solid evidence yet that what I did is going to work all the way to 5.0 but to give the guys that are having troubles, use the blue screen code list i posted in the original post. It helps immensely.
I have been running my PLL @ 1.799 and i have increased my VTT by a few clicks to help out.
I cant provide numbers yet but that is what has been working for me, may be worth looking into.

What are you cooling it with?
Black and Yellow
(19 items)
 
Review Rig
(14 items)
 
The mATX HTPC
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k ASRock Z77 OC Formula Inno3d GTX 680 16GB Avexir "MPower"  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
128GB Plextor M3 750GB Seagate Momentus XT Optical drive!? NEVARRRR EK Supremacy Copper/Plexi 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK XTX 360 EK DCP 4.0 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ASUS VS247H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23" CM Storm QuickFire Pro Corsair AX1200i Case Labs Merlin SM8 
MouseMouse PadAudio
CM Storm Sentinel Advance II Inno3d High Speed Large mousepad Roccat Kave 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Z77 Extreme6 Sparkle Calibre GTX X480 Samsung Green 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Plextor 128GB M3 Thermaltake WATER2.0 Extreme Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ASUS VS247H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23" CM Storm Quickfire Pro High Power Platinum Astro PT NZXT Switch 810 SE Gunmetal 
MouseAudio
CM Sentinel Advance II Corsair Vengeance 1500 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 2100 Z68MA-G45 (B3) (MS-7676) Radeon HD 4870 Samsung  
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Samsung  Samsung  Samsung  WD Caviar Green 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Air D: Windows 7 Home Premium LG 32" 1080p HDTV 
PowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500w SilverStone PS07 NZXT Avatar S 
  hide details  
Reply
Black and Yellow
(19 items)
 
Review Rig
(14 items)
 
The mATX HTPC
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k ASRock Z77 OC Formula Inno3d GTX 680 16GB Avexir "MPower"  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
128GB Plextor M3 750GB Seagate Momentus XT Optical drive!? NEVARRRR EK Supremacy Copper/Plexi 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK XTX 360 EK DCP 4.0 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ASUS VS247H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23" CM Storm QuickFire Pro Corsair AX1200i Case Labs Merlin SM8 
MouseMouse PadAudio
CM Storm Sentinel Advance II Inno3d High Speed Large mousepad Roccat Kave 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Z77 Extreme6 Sparkle Calibre GTX X480 Samsung Green 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Plextor 128GB M3 Thermaltake WATER2.0 Extreme Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ASUS VS247H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23" CM Storm Quickfire Pro High Power Platinum Astro PT NZXT Switch 810 SE Gunmetal 
MouseAudio
CM Sentinel Advance II Corsair Vengeance 1500 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 2100 Z68MA-G45 (B3) (MS-7676) Radeon HD 4870 Samsung  
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Samsung  Samsung  Samsung  WD Caviar Green 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Air D: Windows 7 Home Premium LG 32" 1080p HDTV 
PowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500w SilverStone PS07 NZXT Avatar S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #80 of 3170
Sup everyone!? Thanks for this thread. You can add me to the list. 3570K, Extreme4, etc. Found a lot of useful information in here so far. Running at 4.5ghz stable with 1.28vcore. My temps are maxing out at 70 degrees under load. It seems that I'm hitting a wall at 4.6ghz. It takes another +.05 vcore to run a 46 multiplier over a 45 with stability and the temps start nearing 80 degrees. I noticed that pll overvoltage definitely increases stability.

I have a few questions so far.

- Is there a way to disable the processor gpu? If not, is it possible to downclock this for lower temps, or even add voltage for higher stability?

- Does increasing QPI/VTT increase stability even though I havent touched the BCLK? What are safe vtt voltages?

Any help is appreciated.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASRock Z77 Discussion/Owners Club