Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › help with Core i7 860 overclock please!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

help with Core i7 860 overclock please! - Page 5

post #41 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by the magical me View Post

now after increasing the voltage to (+0.086) in BIOS, which has yielded in 1.176 in Windows, worker 5 and worker 6 are still reporting errors, and CPU meter showed only 6 cores are being utilized.
what now ?? more voltage ??

Yes, moar volts. You'll probably need at least 1.22v for that OC. And you may want to try stepping up the VTT slightly for 3.4, probably not much tho.

The vcore dropping when taxed is due to the LLC "feature" on your motherboard, you may not be able to turn it off by the sounds of it, no worries tho, it should be fine.
post #42 of 75
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis1127 View Post

Yes, moar volts. You'll probably need at least 1.22v for that OC. And you may want to try stepping up the VTT slightly for 3.4, probably not much tho.
The vcore dropping when taxed is due to the LLC "feature" on your motherboard, you may not be able to turn it off by the sounds of it, no worries tho, it should be fine.

I have been upping the CPU voltage for a while without touching the VTT after setting it to 1.2v before, so does it need upping too ?? how much I need to up it from 1.2v ??
my humble epic
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 860 @ stock. Intel DH55CT MSi N450GTS Cyclone OC @900C, 1800Memory, 1900S... Kingston 2x2 GB DDR3 1333 + 4 GB x1 AsRock DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOptical DriveCooling
Hitachi 250 GB SATA, 7200RPM, 8MB cache. LG DVD writer x22 Asus Lite Scribe DVD writer x18. AMA Phantom air cooler. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 ultimate SP1 64-bit LG E2260 LED 22 inch wide 1080P full HD. Genius PS2 FSP Everest 80plus 800 watt quad-rail. 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Magic Delux USB. Teletabies built-in RealTek HD. for Creative 4.1 Supwoofer . 
Other
Technisat Skystar2 PCI satellite card. 
  hide details  
Reply
my humble epic
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 860 @ stock. Intel DH55CT MSi N450GTS Cyclone OC @900C, 1800Memory, 1900S... Kingston 2x2 GB DDR3 1333 + 4 GB x1 AsRock DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOptical DriveCooling
Hitachi 250 GB SATA, 7200RPM, 8MB cache. LG DVD writer x22 Asus Lite Scribe DVD writer x18. AMA Phantom air cooler. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 ultimate SP1 64-bit LG E2260 LED 22 inch wide 1080P full HD. Genius PS2 FSP Everest 80plus 800 watt quad-rail. 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Magic Delux USB. Teletabies built-in RealTek HD. for Creative 4.1 Supwoofer . 
Other
Technisat Skystar2 PCI satellite card. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by the magical me View Post

I have been upping the CPU voltage for a while without touching the VTT after setting it to 1.2v before, so does it need upping too ?? how much I need to up it from 1.2v ??

Did you take pics of adjusting the VTT? is that offset too? or can you select voltages? If you can select voltages, I'd try something in the 1.115v range for 3.4 ghz. You could be fine without.
post #44 of 75
Thread Starter 
worker sixth failed again after a few minutes of Prime95, with 1.224 V ( with Prime95 running the voltage dropped, ranging from that to 1.9## ~1.8## ~1.7##)

so what now ?? I don't think I should add more voltage for the CPU, should I ??

and what about the CPU VTT ??? it's now on 1.2 as you first told me to set it to.
Edited by the magical me - 5/11/12 at 11:16am
my humble epic
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 860 @ stock. Intel DH55CT MSi N450GTS Cyclone OC @900C, 1800Memory, 1900S... Kingston 2x2 GB DDR3 1333 + 4 GB x1 AsRock DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOptical DriveCooling
Hitachi 250 GB SATA, 7200RPM, 8MB cache. LG DVD writer x22 Asus Lite Scribe DVD writer x18. AMA Phantom air cooler. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 ultimate SP1 64-bit LG E2260 LED 22 inch wide 1080P full HD. Genius PS2 FSP Everest 80plus 800 watt quad-rail. 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Magic Delux USB. Teletabies built-in RealTek HD. for Creative 4.1 Supwoofer . 
Other
Technisat Skystar2 PCI satellite card. 
  hide details  
Reply
my humble epic
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 860 @ stock. Intel DH55CT MSi N450GTS Cyclone OC @900C, 1800Memory, 1900S... Kingston 2x2 GB DDR3 1333 + 4 GB x1 AsRock DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOptical DriveCooling
Hitachi 250 GB SATA, 7200RPM, 8MB cache. LG DVD writer x22 Asus Lite Scribe DVD writer x18. AMA Phantom air cooler. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 ultimate SP1 64-bit LG E2260 LED 22 inch wide 1080P full HD. Genius PS2 FSP Everest 80plus 800 watt quad-rail. 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Magic Delux USB. Teletabies built-in RealTek HD. for Creative 4.1 Supwoofer . 
Other
Technisat Skystar2 PCI satellite card. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 75
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis1127 View Post

Did you take pics of adjusting the VTT? is that offset too? or can you select voltages? If you can select voltages, I'd try something in the 1.115v range for 3.4 ghz. You could be fine without.

nope, I didn't take photos for setting the VTT, but it's also an off-set increment .

now you are telling me to set it to 1.115 or around, so should I lower it or increase it ?? it's now set to 1.2.
my humble epic
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 860 @ stock. Intel DH55CT MSi N450GTS Cyclone OC @900C, 1800Memory, 1900S... Kingston 2x2 GB DDR3 1333 + 4 GB x1 AsRock DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOptical DriveCooling
Hitachi 250 GB SATA, 7200RPM, 8MB cache. LG DVD writer x22 Asus Lite Scribe DVD writer x18. AMA Phantom air cooler. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 ultimate SP1 64-bit LG E2260 LED 22 inch wide 1080P full HD. Genius PS2 FSP Everest 80plus 800 watt quad-rail. 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Magic Delux USB. Teletabies built-in RealTek HD. for Creative 4.1 Supwoofer . 
Other
Technisat Skystar2 PCI satellite card. 
  hide details  
Reply
my humble epic
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 860 @ stock. Intel DH55CT MSi N450GTS Cyclone OC @900C, 1800Memory, 1900S... Kingston 2x2 GB DDR3 1333 + 4 GB x1 AsRock DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOptical DriveCooling
Hitachi 250 GB SATA, 7200RPM, 8MB cache. LG DVD writer x22 Asus Lite Scribe DVD writer x18. AMA Phantom air cooler. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 ultimate SP1 64-bit LG E2260 LED 22 inch wide 1080P full HD. Genius PS2 FSP Everest 80plus 800 watt quad-rail. 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Magic Delux USB. Teletabies built-in RealTek HD. for Creative 4.1 Supwoofer . 
Other
Technisat Skystar2 PCI satellite card. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by the magical me View Post

worker sixth failed again after a few minutes of Prime95, with 1.224 V ( with Prime95 running the voltage dropped, ranging from that to 1.9## ~1.8## ~1.7##)
so what now ?? I don't think I should add more voltage for the CPU, should I ??
and what about the CPU VTT ??? it's now on 1.2 as you first told me to set it to.
Yeah, more volts, get it up to around 1.3v, so when your LLC kicks in under load hopefully you'll be around 1.25v or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the magical me View Post

nope, I didn't take photos for setting the VTT, but it's also an off-set increment .
now you are telling me to set it to 1.115 or around, so should I lower it or increase it ?? it's now set to 1.2.

I think 1.2v should be fine, but you could possibly get away with lower for 3.4ghz, I'd just leave it for now, and concentrate on getting the vcore where it needs to be for stability. If you start getting memory related BSOD, you may need to raise it, but for now it sounds like you just need a bit more vcore to get the cores stable.
post #47 of 75
Thread Starter 
ummmm, I will leave the VTT on 1.2 for now as you said and try to increase the CPU voltage a bit more and see, you're right, I am almost done, all I need now is stability, but I am worried about the temps.

I hope it works well.


now, restarting toward the BIOS smile.gif
my humble epic
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 860 @ stock. Intel DH55CT MSi N450GTS Cyclone OC @900C, 1800Memory, 1900S... Kingston 2x2 GB DDR3 1333 + 4 GB x1 AsRock DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOptical DriveCooling
Hitachi 250 GB SATA, 7200RPM, 8MB cache. LG DVD writer x22 Asus Lite Scribe DVD writer x18. AMA Phantom air cooler. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 ultimate SP1 64-bit LG E2260 LED 22 inch wide 1080P full HD. Genius PS2 FSP Everest 80plus 800 watt quad-rail. 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Magic Delux USB. Teletabies built-in RealTek HD. for Creative 4.1 Supwoofer . 
Other
Technisat Skystar2 PCI satellite card. 
  hide details  
Reply
my humble epic
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 860 @ stock. Intel DH55CT MSi N450GTS Cyclone OC @900C, 1800Memory, 1900S... Kingston 2x2 GB DDR3 1333 + 4 GB x1 AsRock DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOptical DriveCooling
Hitachi 250 GB SATA, 7200RPM, 8MB cache. LG DVD writer x22 Asus Lite Scribe DVD writer x18. AMA Phantom air cooler. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 ultimate SP1 64-bit LG E2260 LED 22 inch wide 1080P full HD. Genius PS2 FSP Everest 80plus 800 watt quad-rail. 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Magic Delux USB. Teletabies built-in RealTek HD. for Creative 4.1 Supwoofer . 
Other
Technisat Skystar2 PCI satellite card. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by the magical me View Post

ummmm, I will leave the VTT on 1.2 for now as you said and try to increase the CPU voltage a bit more and see, you're right, I am almost done, all I need now is stability, but I am worried about the temps.
I hope it works well.
now, restarting toward the BIOS smile.gif

What's the max temp you've seen? Just 75C like in your post a few posts back? or higher?
post #49 of 75
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis1127 View Post

What's the max temp you've seen? Just 75C like in your post a few posts back? or higher?

it reached the 80s and this is why I am worried .


now I upped the CPU voltage a bit, I will run Prime95 and see if the voltages still drop away from the needed values.
my humble epic
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 860 @ stock. Intel DH55CT MSi N450GTS Cyclone OC @900C, 1800Memory, 1900S... Kingston 2x2 GB DDR3 1333 + 4 GB x1 AsRock DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOptical DriveCooling
Hitachi 250 GB SATA, 7200RPM, 8MB cache. LG DVD writer x22 Asus Lite Scribe DVD writer x18. AMA Phantom air cooler. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 ultimate SP1 64-bit LG E2260 LED 22 inch wide 1080P full HD. Genius PS2 FSP Everest 80plus 800 watt quad-rail. 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Magic Delux USB. Teletabies built-in RealTek HD. for Creative 4.1 Supwoofer . 
Other
Technisat Skystar2 PCI satellite card. 
  hide details  
Reply
my humble epic
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 860 @ stock. Intel DH55CT MSi N450GTS Cyclone OC @900C, 1800Memory, 1900S... Kingston 2x2 GB DDR3 1333 + 4 GB x1 AsRock DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOptical DriveCooling
Hitachi 250 GB SATA, 7200RPM, 8MB cache. LG DVD writer x22 Asus Lite Scribe DVD writer x18. AMA Phantom air cooler. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 ultimate SP1 64-bit LG E2260 LED 22 inch wide 1080P full HD. Genius PS2 FSP Everest 80plus 800 watt quad-rail. 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Magic Delux USB. Teletabies built-in RealTek HD. for Creative 4.1 Supwoofer . 
Other
Technisat Skystar2 PCI satellite card. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by the magical me View Post

it reached the 80s and this is why I am worried .
now I upped the CPU voltage a bit, I will run Prime95 and see if the voltages still drop away from the needed values.

Hmm. That does seem a bit hot for that voltage. What was your max temp stock?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › help with Core i7 860 overclock please!