Originally Posted by kingkoopa95
about a month and a half, where i can get the SSD maybe next week.. which would probably take me 2 monthes to get ivy after that.
Personally, I would go with the CPU, mobo, cooler. A month and a half to get Ivy, then pick up a SSD on here for cheap and get all of it sooner. Vs getting the SSD next week and waiting 2 months to get the actual hardware you probably really need. :P
Originally Posted by theloneplant
That's what I'm thinking right now. If you get just the CPU and mobo, but live with stock speeds for a while you'll be able to get the SSD faster too. Then after those two big performance leaps you can get a good cooler and squeeze a little more performance out of your system.
EDIT: Yeah, I would get Ivy first after seeing the time frame.
Personally, I see that as the most valuable option. I mean, yeah, SSDs are nice, but I would rather deal with slow loading times for a little bit longer and get more raw performance out of my rig.