Now I have some time to post with the new parts that I got, and I think this will be everything I need to get started.
A sample of the XSPC 1/2" ID 3/4" OD compression fittings I got:
Here are the Danger Den 1/2" FatBoy fittings I will be using when my other fittings run out:
One of the two AlphaCool 1/2" 90 Degree Rotary Barbs that I got. One is going on the reservoir, and one will be going on the 240 rad at the top of the case, to easier connect with the CPU waterblock.
The pump-reservoir assembly was really really easy to assemble. I simply twisted the ridges on the D5 pump to remove the stock top, took out the O-ring, slid the pump through the new bracket that was included with the reservoir, added the O-ring back on, and screwed it in! Couldn't be easier
I also added a 90 degree fitting here because a straight fitting would point the tubing right out the side of my case, instead of angling it towards the graphics card.
The inside of the GPU waterblock, which I found to be suffering greatly from corrosion. Could simple tap water be all that is needed to do this? How far will it progress? Does this mean that the lid of the block is aluminum, seeing the extreme amount of corrosion and pitting on it?
The CPU waterblock I will be using, an XSPC Raystorm. I also plan to mount two of the four compression fittings on here, simply because there will be a lot of twising for these fittings, while also having the spotlight, being the center of attraction.
super close fit!
You may see that three of the screws look different, and yes, they are. I bought the Raystorm used for a really good price, but the buyer warned me that three of the screws were missing due to being needed on a different block. From what I could gather, all I needed was a screw with a 6-32 thread, and had a countersunk head. I had on hand HDD mounting screws, so I used them for the time being to hold the thing together. However, due to just buying a server and needing 6-32 countersunk screws for the HDD caddies, I sprung for a bag of 100 off Amazon.com for under 4 dollars. Those will be coming in a few days hopefully, and then I will switch them out. However, I am pretty sure that these screws would work just fine, considering the fact that the CPU die left marks from previous uses, and came nowhere close to the screws that are supposed to be flush. This means that the only possible thing that the raised screws would interfere with are the CPU retention bracket, which I highly doubt that they would.
This is the Koolance fillport I plan on using for draining. I have yet to decide where to put it, but I am thinking right now that the best option would be behind the pump mount in the case, where it will still be accessible but be out of the way. The only thing I'm worrying about is how to best attach it to the loop, because I wanted it for draining purposes. The reservoir is at the bottom of the loop, and I don't really know where to put this so that it will achieve maximum draining efficiency.
Now, here we have the Bitspower T-Block that I plan on using to connect the fillport to the rest of the loop.
here it is with the fittings I will be using, three FB's:
And I think that's it for the pictures, for now! I think I covered pretty much everything I got, but who knows!