Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [BSON] AMD Counter-Attacks GeForce GTX 670, Questions NVIDIA's Kepler Availability
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[BSON] AMD Counter-Attacks GeForce GTX 670, Questions NVIDIA's Kepler Availability - Page 39  

post #381 of 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akheton View Post

Quote:
We urge you to focus on maxed settings at 2560x1600 or higher resolution in your reviews.
Wishful thinking on AMD's part. Unfortunately the vast majority of pc gamers play at lower resolutions. It doesn't make any sense to focus reviews for the overwhelming minority. Plus, most people who do game at those resolutions have multiple gpu setups anyway.

How do you now that majority of people who buy USD 500 cards are having 1080p monitors ? Do you have any statistics ? Otherwise just shutup and don't talk. In fact the very purpose of buying a USD 500 card must be to really handle gaming at ultra high res like 2560 x 1600 or in fact multi monitor gaming.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/04/10/sapphire_hd_7970_oc_edition_video_card_review/7

BF3 2560 X 1600 Ultra 4S MSAA

HD 7970 OC (1280 Mhz) avg 50.7 fps min 34 fps.

I would say if you can run BF3 , one of the most demanding games in the market at maximum settings at 2560 x 1600 with average 50 fps with minimum above 30 fps, then a single HD 7970 OC is good enough for 2560 x 1600 gaming . Lesser demanding games like Skyrim will easily run 2560 x 1600 maxed out at 70+ fps. The HD 7970 is a true single GPU beast designed for gaming at ultra high resolutions and multi monitor gaming smile.gif So please take your trolling to some other place mad.gif
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
post #382 of 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

Ahaha, except that really your card isn't significantly faster than the 7970! Try running Heaven 3.0 and then report back how "superior" your card is!! thumb.gif

11% superior (46.5 vs 41.5).

Don't be so defensive. I said the 680 was the best, I didn't say it was "significantly" better, just better. Also, in every Heaven 3.0 benchmark I've seen the 680 beats the 7970 by ~11%. 11% better is still better, isn't it? The MSI Lightning beat a stock 680 though, so that's cool. OC'd 680 still walks over that though. frown.gif

cheers.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu78 View Post

The HD 7970 is a true single GPU beast designed for gaming at ultra high resolutions and multi monitor gaming smile.gif

It is a beast of a card.
Edited by tbris84 - 5/11/12 at 9:33pm
post #383 of 532

Why buy?

 

Time is one of the best thing about Z77 system (IGP), u can build it and tweak the system....   while...  you wait for nVidia & AMD to figure themselves out.

 

 

 

 

NOW !!!

 

  ^... is the time AMD can make a killing..!  If they drop prices drastically we're in. But as it sits right now? 

 

 

Coincidentally, I am simply not considering AMD's Radeon 7000 series (I have both a 4870 & 6970), because they seem outdated and ineffecient compared to the newer nVIdia's. (JMO)

 

 

I am waiting on a 680 (4GB).

post #384 of 532
I think AMD must be shocked by the availability of the GTX 670 when it seems impossible to get a 680.
I just hope AMD makes enough money to keep going. We need them around to keep Intel and Nvidia pushing forward.
And I hope Microsoft grabs either brands latest gpu so consoles will get a bump in graphics.
Mild Mod
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5930k 4.5Ghz @1.331v Asus X99-A EVGA GTX1070 SC 16Gb Gskill DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
960 EVO, 850 Pro, WD Blue SSD's, 2 Cav Blacks Asus HWLabs 280mm SR-1 and GTX120 mm radiators EK GPU waterblock and backplate 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK Supremacy EVO cpu block W7 64 Pro Dell U3011  Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX850 Corsair 650d Modded SteelSeries Sensei Raw (heat orange) Edifier R2000DB and Sennheiser HD555 
Audio
Creative Soundblaster Z 
  hide details  
Mild Mod
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5930k 4.5Ghz @1.331v Asus X99-A EVGA GTX1070 SC 16Gb Gskill DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
960 EVO, 850 Pro, WD Blue SSD's, 2 Cav Blacks Asus HWLabs 280mm SR-1 and GTX120 mm radiators EK GPU waterblock and backplate 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK Supremacy EVO cpu block W7 64 Pro Dell U3011  Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX850 Corsair 650d Modded SteelSeries Sensei Raw (heat orange) Edifier R2000DB and Sennheiser HD555 
Audio
Creative Soundblaster Z 
  hide details  
post #385 of 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbris84 View Post

11% superior (46.5 vs 41.5).
Don't be so defensive. I said the 680 was the best, I didn't say it was "significantly" better, just better. Also, in every Heaven 3.0 benchmark I've seen the 680 beats the 7970 by ~11%. 11% better is still better, isn't it? The MSI Lightning beat a stock 680 though, so that's cool. OC'd 680 still walks over that though. frown.gif
cheers.gif
It is a beast of a card.

I guess you are at 1080p. At 1600p MSI HD 7970 Lightning wins clearly. Also there is clock headroom on HD 7970 Ghz edition cards. Stock voltage it can do 1150. Extra voltage 1250+.

Heaven 3.0

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1886/12/

Also AMD has had 2 quarters of ramp and learning behind them at TSMC.

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/News/299279,amd-gives-the-7970-a-boost.aspx

Better yields, higher speeds, 1250 is much easier now. Now they are ready with HD 7970 at higher speeds. Looks good smile.gif
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
post #386 of 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan o' water View Post

I think AMD must be shocked by the availability of the GTX 670 when it seems impossible to get a 680.
I just hope AMD makes enough money to keep going. We need them around to keep Intel and Nvidia pushing forward.
And I hope Microsoft grabs either brands latest gpu so consoles will get a bump in graphics.


lol biggrin.gif Rather Nvidia will be shocked about AMD's Radeon Ghz edition's availability smile.gif

http://www.techpowerup.com/165559/AMD-Readies-Radeon-HD-7970-GHz-Edition.html

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/News/299279,amd-gives-the-7970-a-boost.aspx
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
post #387 of 532
Quote:
Another aspect AMD touched on was the availability of their Southern Islands cards, which is sort of a red herring. It is true AMD's 7000 series graphics cards are more readily available in the market, but the fact of the matter is this has nothing to do with production. Instead the issue is Kepler based graphics cards are in high demand. We have talked to a few retailers and the word from them is Kepler is selling at nearly a 4 to 1 ratio over Southern Islands. This leaves plenty of volume available for AMD, but makes it appear as if Nvidia is lacking the same volume,when this is not necessarily the case

http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/Nvidia_GTX_670/16.html
post #388 of 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu78 View Post

How do you now that majority of people who buy USD 500 cards are having 1080p monitors ? Do you have any statistics ? Otherwise just shutup and don't talk. In fact the very purpose of buying a USD 500 card must be to really handle gaming at ultra high res like 2560 x 1600 or in fact multi monitor gaming.
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/04/10/sapphire_hd_7970_oc_edition_video_card_review/7
BF3 2560 X 1600 Ultra 4S MSAA
HD 7970 OC (1280 Mhz) avg 50.7 fps min 34 fps.
I would say if you can run BF3 , one of the most demanding games in the market at maximum settings at 2560 x 1600 with average 50 fps with minimum above 30 fps, then a single HD 7970 OC is good enough for 2560 x 1600 gaming . Lesser demanding games like Skyrim will easily run 2560 x 1600 maxed out at 70+ fps. The HD 7970 is a true single GPU beast designed for gaming at ultra high resolutions and multi monitor gaming smile.gif So please take your trolling to some other place mad.gif


http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

2560x1600 only represents 0.16% of Steam user base.

Sure Steam is not completely representative of gamers but the standard deviation of the Steam survey should be order of magnitudes lower than OC.net user base....
Edited by darknight670 - 5/11/12 at 11:49pm
Store-IT
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 BE Gigabyte 880GA-UD3H v2.2 Integrated 8 x 2 Gio DDR3 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
6 x 2 To Samsung F4, 2 x 1 Tb F3 Openindiana 151b 430W Seasonic Fractal R3 
  hide details  
Store-IT
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 BE Gigabyte 880GA-UD3H v2.2 Integrated 8 x 2 Gio DDR3 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
6 x 2 To Samsung F4, 2 x 1 Tb F3 Openindiana 151b 430W Seasonic Fractal R3 
  hide details  
post #389 of 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknight670 View Post

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey
2560x1600 only represents 0.16% of Steam user base.
Sure Steam is not completely representative of gamers but the standard deviation of the Steam survey should be order of magnitudes lower than OC.net user base....

Please share 680 and/or 7970 Steam user base. Right...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @4.5Ghz (1.32v) Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 Gigabyte 7970 Ghz @1150Mhz (1.126v) Mushkin Blackline 8GB 1600 1.35V 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2 x Vertex 3 120GB MI RAID0 Seagate 3TB Optiarc AD-7260S Thermalright Silver Arrow 
MonitorPowerCase
Shimian QH270 2560x1440 Thermaltake Toughpower 750W CM Storm Sniper Black 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @4.5Ghz (1.32v) Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 Gigabyte 7970 Ghz @1150Mhz (1.126v) Mushkin Blackline 8GB 1600 1.35V 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2 x Vertex 3 120GB MI RAID0 Seagate 3TB Optiarc AD-7260S Thermalright Silver Arrow 
MonitorPowerCase
Shimian QH270 2560x1440 Thermaltake Toughpower 750W CM Storm Sniper Black 
  hide details  
post #390 of 532
I'm not sure what AMD means when they ask reviewers to "focus" on 2560x1600 in their reviews. Every review I've read shows results for that resolution. Does AMD want reviews to put a big pink border around the 2560x1600 results with arrows pointing to it?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k@4.5ghz 1.21v Gigabyte Sniper M3 Sapphire 6950 Samsung 8g1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 830 Samsung F1 500 Crucial M4 64 (SRC) cpu:Noc NF-F12 / case:4x TY-141/gpu: 2x NB-Multi 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Venomous X, Accelero TT Win 7 64 Acer X213H Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
Superflower 650 plat Fractal Arc Midi G500 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k@4.5ghz 1.21v Gigabyte Sniper M3 Sapphire 6950 Samsung 8g1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 830 Samsung F1 500 Crucial M4 64 (SRC) cpu:Noc NF-F12 / case:4x TY-141/gpu: 2x NB-Multi 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Venomous X, Accelero TT Win 7 64 Acer X213H Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
Superflower 650 plat Fractal Arc Midi G500 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [BSON] AMD Counter-Attacks GeForce GTX 670, Questions NVIDIA's Kepler Availability