Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [CPU-World] AMD readies R-series embedded APUs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[CPU-World] AMD readies R-series embedded APUs - Page 6

post #51 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudfire777 View Post


I think both you and me know that Trinity APUs will still get severely beaten by everything Intel has to offer. The only thing AMD is good at, is IGP performance, which is where it crush the HD4000.
All in all, Trinity is only good for people looking for a cheap desktop, while people who game with a dedicated GPU will go much better off with a CPU from Intel.

 

 

What?

 

How can you state the ultra-obvious and keep a strait face..? But this will be a nice chip for ANYONE who plays Minecraft, Farmville or any OTHER game, except BF3, etc..

 

Do you really expect a sub $100 CPU to play Battlefield?

post #52 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudfire777 View Post

You people can talk all you want but I actually game with my laptop. It have GTX 570M, a decent GPU.
Should I buy a Trinity that have a very good IGP that don`t mean squat for me since I have a dedicated GPU, or should I buy an Intel i7 processor and get much more frames in a lot of games?
I tell you, that choice isn`t really difficult. Especially not after seeing many CPU reviews where it clearly shows that a lot of games do benefit from a faster CPU. Not all games are only GPU bound. Trinity is not *enough*.
And the 35W Quad core Trinity still doesn`t perform equally good as a freakin 17W i5 Dual core. Why the hell should I pick Trinity?
NordicHardware


 

 

 

 

 

LOL^

 

I get where this shill is going. Yet another laughable line of logic & reasoning. Because he PAID for a SEPARATE video card He's entitled to think it did him extra good. But you really don't have a dedicated GPU in ur laptop...    you have an outdated, truncated off-board, power hungry graphics co-processor.

 

Coincidentally, that must use slow means of communicating to the CPU  vs APU. In which you can game longer and with much more SMOOTHER experience. Your argument is fundementally incorrect and can be argued @ a logic level. As you have no clue what an APU is.

 

 

 

You mobile game, yet you shun Trinity..?  = ignorance

post #53 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artikbot View Post

More people than you think.
Most normal people nowadays have their desktops gathering dust, so laptops are becoming more and more gaming machines aswell.

Sorry but it's like a 10:1 ratio for those that use laptops for work and light media to those who game on one. Probabally even higher.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k (EK Supremacy Evo) *4.7 @ 1.312 Asus Maximus VIII gene GTX 1080 FE (EK nickel/plexi)* 2075/5401 16gb Corsair 3200  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950pro M.2 256gb Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Steam Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Other Apps EK Res 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK pump top XSPC EX 360 XSPC EX 240 10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 TKL  EVGA 650 Fractal Arc Mini 2 G303 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k (EK Supremacy Evo) *4.7 @ 1.312 Asus Maximus VIII gene GTX 1080 FE (EK nickel/plexi)* 2075/5401 16gb Corsair 3200  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950pro M.2 256gb Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Steam Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Other Apps EK Res 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK pump top XSPC EX 360 XSPC EX 240 10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 TKL  EVGA 650 Fractal Arc Mini 2 G303 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula m View Post

LOL^

I get where this shill is going. Yet another laughable line of logic & reasoning. Because he PAID for a SEPARATE video card He's entitled to think it did him extra good. But you really don't have a dedicated GPU in ur laptop...    you have an outdated, truncated off-board, power hungry graphics co-processor.

Coincidentally, that must use slow means of communicating to the CPU  vs APU. In which you can game longer and with much more SMOOTHER experience. Your argument is fundementally incorrect and can be argued @ a logic level. As you have no clue what an APU is.

You mobile game, yet you shun Trinity..?  = ignorance

Except that the 570M will still net better gaming performance than anything trinity has lined up in its gpu. Inter-component latencies have pretty much zero impact when comparing real gaming performance. At the same details and settings, despite how much potential I think trinity has, a CPU + 570M will slaughter it--ain't no way a trinity APU will give smoother gaming performance.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K Biostar TP67B+ XFX HD5750 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB OCZ SSD, 2x160GB HDD RAID0, 500GB+500GB+1.5TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster 930B Antec SmartPower 450w 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K Biostar TP67B+ XFX HD5750 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB OCZ SSD, 2x160GB HDD RAID0, 500GB+500GB+1.5TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster 930B Antec SmartPower 450w 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 106
A 570m plus whatever CPU obviously will have better performance then Trinity.

What's missing in this debate is performance will be awful on both and you'll be lighting your pants on fire trying to use the thing the way it's meant to be used.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k (EK Supremacy Evo) *4.7 @ 1.312 Asus Maximus VIII gene GTX 1080 FE (EK nickel/plexi)* 2075/5401 16gb Corsair 3200  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950pro M.2 256gb Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Steam Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Other Apps EK Res 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK pump top XSPC EX 360 XSPC EX 240 10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 TKL  EVGA 650 Fractal Arc Mini 2 G303 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k (EK Supremacy Evo) *4.7 @ 1.312 Asus Maximus VIII gene GTX 1080 FE (EK nickel/plexi)* 2075/5401 16gb Corsair 3200  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950pro M.2 256gb Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Steam Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Other Apps EK Res 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK pump top XSPC EX 360 XSPC EX 240 10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 TKL  EVGA 650 Fractal Arc Mini 2 G303 
  hide details  
Reply
post #56 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyladouche View Post

Except that the 570M will still net better gaming performance than anything trinity has lined up in its gpu. Inter-component latencies have pretty much zero impact when comparing real gaming performance. At the same details and settings, despite how much potential I think trinity has, a CPU + 570M will slaughter it--ain't no way a trinity APU will give smoother gaming performance.

Yeah. The Trinity systems need to be able to crossfire with something more substantial in order to really, REALLY take off. I was looking at an A8 (desktop I know but relative) a bit ago only to realise it wouldn't crossfire up and enhance something higher up in the 6 series (was thinking 6850 or higher) and thought meh might as well get a stronger CPU to go with that card then.
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtom320 View Post

A 570m plus whatever CPU obviously will have better performance then Trinity.
What's missing in this debate is performance will be awful on both and you'll be lighting your pants on fire trying to use the thing the way it's meant to be used.
LOL, fire-crotch.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K Biostar TP67B+ XFX HD5750 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB OCZ SSD, 2x160GB HDD RAID0, 500GB+500GB+1.5TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster 930B Antec SmartPower 450w 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K Biostar TP67B+ XFX HD5750 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB OCZ SSD, 2x160GB HDD RAID0, 500GB+500GB+1.5TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster 930B Antec SmartPower 450w 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

Yeah. The Trinity systems need to be able to crossfire with something more substantial in order to really, REALLY take off. I was looking at an A8 (desktop I know but relative) a bit ago only to realise it wouldn't crossfire up and enhance something higher up in the 6 series (was thinking 6850 or higher) and thought meh might as well get a stronger CPU to go with that card then.

Crossfire only has the potential to double the slowest card. If you could crossfire a 6850 with llano you'd be wasting most of the potential of the 6850.
 
x6 Folder
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8 w/ 1.31v watercooled Gigabyte z77x-UD3H Powercolor 290x w/ EK full cover G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz cl9 4x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
128gb Samsung 830 + Seagate 4tb, Seagate 1tb, W... DVD RW Rasa loop w/ RX120 and RS240 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x 27" PCBANK 1440p, 1x 21" 1600x1200 Syncmaster Leopold 10keyless w/ red switches XFX 750w Black Edition CM Stacker 830 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5 SteelSeries QCK Fiio E10 USB DAC+AMP | ATH-M50 | JVC HARX700 
  hide details  
Reply
 
x6 Folder
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8 w/ 1.31v watercooled Gigabyte z77x-UD3H Powercolor 290x w/ EK full cover G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz cl9 4x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
128gb Samsung 830 + Seagate 4tb, Seagate 1tb, W... DVD RW Rasa loop w/ RX120 and RS240 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x 27" PCBANK 1440p, 1x 21" 1600x1200 Syncmaster Leopold 10keyless w/ red switches XFX 750w Black Edition CM Stacker 830 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5 SteelSeries QCK Fiio E10 USB DAC+AMP | ATH-M50 | JVC HARX700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula m View Post




LOL^

I get where this shill is going. Yet another laughable line of logic & reasoning. Because he PAID for a SEPARATE video card He's entitled to think it did him extra good. But you really don't have a dedicated GPU in ur laptop...    you have an outdated, truncated off-board, power hungry graphics co-processor.

Coincidentally, that must use slow means of communicating to the CPU  vs APU. In which you can game longer and with much more SMOOTHER experience. Your argument is fundementally incorrect and can be argued @ a logic level. As you have no clue what an APU is.



You mobile game, yet you shun Trinity..?  = ignorance

The only one who is missing their logic is you since you clearly didn`t understand a single word of what I said. Go read some reviews and educate yourself. I`m not debating against anyone who doesn`t know anything about 570M, APU or CPUs.

If you think 570M is outdated, you are clearly mistaken. Once again go look up benchmarks and reviews of this GPU. It can play all games, and no lower than high settings. It overclock like a beast with great temperatures. There, you learned something. If you think you can get smoother gameplay with APU + dedicated GPU vs a i7 CPU + dedicated GPU you are dead wrong. You cannot combine 570M with APU to get hybrid CrossfireX. If you think an i7 won`t get better FPS in a lot of games you are dead wrong. Prove me wrong that a faster CPU won`t give you better FPS in a lot of games. I dare you. wink.gif

See there, I just pointed out facts, instead of personal attacks like you did. Your whole post was nothing but personal attacks btw, and no facts. Prove me wrong against anything I just said. Prove the graphs I posted to be wrong. Everything I posted is true and backs my original view. Thanks for trying anyway kid. Now don`t throw out your notebook in pure anger that everything you said was wrong. Have a nice day thumb.gif
Edited by Cloudfire777 - 5/11/12 at 12:21pm
post #60 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudfire777 View Post

The only one who is missing their logic is you since you clearly didn`t understand a single word of what I said. Go read some reviews and educate yourself. I`m not debating against anyone who doesn`t know anything about 570M, APU or CPUs.
If you think 570M is outdated, you are clearly mistaken. Once again go look up benchmarks and reviews of this GPU. It can play all games, and no lower than high settings. It overclock like a beast with great temperatures. There, you learned something. If you think you can get smoother gameplay with APU + dedicated GPU vs a i7 CPU + dedicated GPU you are dead wrong. You cannot combine 570M with APU to get hybrid CrossfireX. If you think an i7 won`t get better FPS in a lot of games you are dead wrong. Prove me wrong that a faster CPU won`t give you better FPS in a lot of games. I dare you. wink.gif
See there, I just pointed out facts, instead of personal attacks like you did. Your whole post was nothing but personal attacks btw, and no facts. Prove me wrong against anything I just said. Prove the graphs I posted to be wrong. Everything I posted is true and backs my original view. Thanks for trying anyway kid. Now don`t throw out your notebook in pure anger that everything you said was wrong. Have a nice day thumb.gif

Except the problem with that line of logic is that you're not taking cost into account. Price/performance, the AMD APU will net you better price/performance than an i7 + discrete GPU.

I think most logical people here know that if you're going with a high-end discrete GPU, you should go with Intel. But for those looking for lower cost systems, AMD is the way to go.
Millenium Falcon
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4930k MSI Big Bang Xpower II EVGA GTX 690 Patriot Viper II Sector 7 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Deneva 2 Corsair Force 3 Maxtor Western Digital Green 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung BD/DVD-RW Swiftech MCP655 x2 Black Ice GTX 480 Black Ice GTX 280 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool Repack Dual D5 Watercool Heatkiller 3.0 Alphacool GTX 690 fullcover Bitspower Big Bang Xpower II fullcover 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Professional 3x Dell S2340 Max Keyboard Durandal CoolerMaster V1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza Genesis 9000B Logitech G700 Roccat Alumic Onkyo HT-S9100THX 
  hide details  
Reply
Millenium Falcon
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4930k MSI Big Bang Xpower II EVGA GTX 690 Patriot Viper II Sector 7 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Deneva 2 Corsair Force 3 Maxtor Western Digital Green 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung BD/DVD-RW Swiftech MCP655 x2 Black Ice GTX 480 Black Ice GTX 280 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool Repack Dual D5 Watercool Heatkiller 3.0 Alphacool GTX 690 fullcover Bitspower Big Bang Xpower II fullcover 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Professional 3x Dell S2340 Max Keyboard Durandal CoolerMaster V1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza Genesis 9000B Logitech G700 Roccat Alumic Onkyo HT-S9100THX 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [CPU-World] AMD readies R-series embedded APUs