Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [battlefieldo]BF3 New DLC, Content Service, and Double XP Weekend
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[battlefieldo]BF3 New DLC, Content Service, and Double XP Weekend - Page 16

post #151 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

Nah now that's messed up I guess. I would assume it's supposed to make you less accurate against people at much further distances. Then again I don't know because I try to get out of the way when it happens to me!

Sometimes there just isn't that option, trying to push through to a new area, caught in the open, escaping a vehicles, rushing to deactivate an MCOM.
I just blind fire when this happens now, there just isn't any point in aiming when suppressed.
I'm perfectly ok with the game trying to make me less accurate, but if I am able to steady the gun and lay down a few aimed shots, they should go where the gun is aimed.
IX
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k@4.5GHz MSI z68-GD65 Gigabyte 670 Windforce SLI 2x 4GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial m4 64gb Spinpoint F3 1TB Spinpoint F4 2TB Mugen 3 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 SE Asus VG236 Daskeyboard S Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 650D Logitech G500 X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
IX
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k@4.5GHz MSI z68-GD65 Gigabyte 670 Windforce SLI 2x 4GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial m4 64gb Spinpoint F3 1TB Spinpoint F4 2TB Mugen 3 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 SE Asus VG236 Daskeyboard S Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 650D Logitech G500 X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #152 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post

Two squads are in a standoff situation.
Team A has team B suppressed. Team B keep trying to pop out from cover, land quick shots and get behind cover again. It's not working and they're getting mowed down.
Some of team B should therefore attempt to flank team A from a different angle who can then start to suppress them allowing their team mates to move around the map better for an attack.
There is nothing random or unpredictable about suppression. As soon as you see the suppression blur, you KNOW that you will be less effective while attacking due to less accuracy, so the thinking player will back off and/or find an alternative/flanking route.
If you know for a fact that suppression lessens your ability/chance to create offense (which is literally what the definition of suppressive fire actually is), then you know as soon as you attempt to counter fire at someone while suppressed that they have the upper hand.
The fact that you know this, means that you have a choice to make. A strategic choice. Say "f" it and attempt to fire back anyway and retreat for the present time till you can create a situation where you are in control.
So much the bolded part!
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #153 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

Hahaha yeah sure playing the game as a team = LMG camper. Suppression is exactly for that - suppressing. And the point is, I'm not even going for the kill.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suppressive_fire
Quote:
In military science, suppressive fire is a fire that degrades the performance of a target below the level needed to fulfill its mission. Suppression is usually only effective for the duration of the fire.[1] Suppressive fire is not always a direct form of fire towards targets; it can be an effective visual and audible distraction
How to conceptualise that into a game I wonder? Hmm, how about hindering the accuracy and visuals of someone whilst under that influence?
And I'm sure DICE are changing it but you can bet they didn't think it was too much until a few players erupted in rage that they couldn't play like they had been.
I think this game might suit your play style a bit better. IT doesn't have Suppression.
And it's hilarious, absolutely howling, that you think suppressive fire is a cheap trick. Please do tell us what other "great things" about BF3 DICE have ruined in their last update? Can't you use the USAS with frag rounds to the same effect any more?
The point is: Just play.

are you saying your a better team player then these guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPP5OHk5s6w&feature=plcp


btw why dont you share your battlelog account


Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post

There is nothing random or unpredictable about suppression. As soon as you see the suppression blur, you KNOW that you will be less effective while attacking due to less accuracy, so the thinking player will back off and/or find an alternative/flanking route.

200% more bullet spread isnt random enough for you?

and btw .. how spread is its actually super random..


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

So much the bolded part!

what if theres no cover and i turn around and could nail 5 perfect shots in said person torso pre-patch.. but now because of suppresion i can't hit him more then once at 10meters range?


what does it says about that crappy game mechanic?
Edited by Fr0sty - 5/14/12 at 1:05pm
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8120 Asus crosshair V formula 2 msi HD6870 Twin Frozr II CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 SAMSUNG F4 2TB boot + 4 WD 2TB storage Lite On blu ray player win 7 sp1 oem Asus VH236H @ 1920 x 1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech Media Elite Keyboard ENERMAX MAXREVO 1350W psu SILVERSTONE RAVEN RV02B-EW Matte black logitech OEM 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8120 Asus crosshair V formula 2 msi HD6870 Twin Frozr II CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 SAMSUNG F4 2TB boot + 4 WD 2TB storage Lite On blu ray player win 7 sp1 oem Asus VH236H @ 1920 x 1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech Media Elite Keyboard ENERMAX MAXREVO 1350W psu SILVERSTONE RAVEN RV02B-EW Matte black logitech OEM 
  hide details  
Reply
post #154 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr0sty View Post

are you saying your a better team player then these guys?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPP5OHk5s6w&feature=plcp
btw why dont you share your battlelog account

Please, don't attempt the stats war.

If you actually listen to what he says in the video, he advises people to NOT try to be superman and maintain a gunfight while suppressed. He says the best bet is to get the heck away or get to cover cause suppression actually suppresses your ability to attack (aka exactly what it is meant to do).

As I said, it removes dumb stalemates where people are just standing in front of each other firing and firing till one drops like wars back in the Napoleon days when soldiers used to just stand in a line opposite each other shooting till one side won the battle.

Now, suppression give one side an advantage (that they have to gain) and the other side the ability to use strategy to try and over come it by whatever means they can.

Flanking, recon with MAVs, explosives. Teamwork in general. Not shooting "skill". This isn't counter strike.

Suppression is not undefeatable, it just takes more than just standing there and firing back.
Edited by GrizzleBoy - 5/14/12 at 1:23pm
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
post #155 of 230
but he does say that suppresion needs to be tuned down to 20% spread instead of 200% .. wich is where i could agree
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8120 Asus crosshair V formula 2 msi HD6870 Twin Frozr II CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 SAMSUNG F4 2TB boot + 4 WD 2TB storage Lite On blu ray player win 7 sp1 oem Asus VH236H @ 1920 x 1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech Media Elite Keyboard ENERMAX MAXREVO 1350W psu SILVERSTONE RAVEN RV02B-EW Matte black logitech OEM 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8120 Asus crosshair V formula 2 msi HD6870 Twin Frozr II CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 SAMSUNG F4 2TB boot + 4 WD 2TB storage Lite On blu ray player win 7 sp1 oem Asus VH236H @ 1920 x 1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech Media Elite Keyboard ENERMAX MAXREVO 1350W psu SILVERSTONE RAVEN RV02B-EW Matte black logitech OEM 
  hide details  
Reply
post #156 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr0sty View Post

are you saying your a better team player then these guys?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPP5OHk5s6w&feature=plcp

I see practically every bullet went where he was shooting and none of them went "sideways"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr0sty View Post

btw why dont you share your battlelog account

Because I'm not interested in getting comments on my stats. I only share my BL with people I want to play with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr0sty View Post

what if theres no cover and i turn around and could nail 5 perfect shots in said person torso pre-patch.. but now because of suppresion i can't hit him more then once at 10meters range?
what does it says about that crappy game mechanic?


Just sounds like you need to get used to the fact that suppression is going to affect your accuracy and get on with your life. You could do it pre-patch. DICE fixed suppression and made it work better and more in line with what they had originally planned. Clearly they thought that since people still found it easy to kill while suppressed that the effects should be made greater.


Edit:

The world is going to end tonight, btw, GrizzleBoy and myself are agreeing on BF3 stuff!
Edited by Rubers - 5/14/12 at 1:20pm
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #157 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr0sty View Post

but he does say that suppresion needs to be tuned down to 20% spread instead of 200% .. wich is where i could agree

Using his exaggerated way of putting a point across as facts is not the way to go, especially if it's numbers we're talking.

Either way, you don't even share his base argument at the end of the day.

He's saying he's happy with the direction of suppression and how it messes with accuracy, but would like it toned down a bit in his opinion.

You are complaining about the way it works in general and keep likening its base function as cheap, rewarding for bad players, not strategic, this, that and the other.

You chose a bad source to try and back up your argument tbh.
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
post #158 of 230
A small nerf in suppression effects and a buff in repair tool sounds good to me. (someone in here posted that was an intended patch for DICE in the future)

Suppression doesn't mess with me to badly, but sometimes when I know I had a good shot on someone and knew they would have went down minus the suppression effect it is a bit annoying. That doesn't happen too often though. Repair tool is pretty sad currently. I'm pretty much always using the anti suppr perk nowadays, hardly ever saw people using it before patch, now I see it quite a bit (with good reason biggrin.gif)
post #159 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post

Using his exaggerated way of putting a point across as facts is not the way to go, especially if it's numbers we're talking.
Either way, you don't even share his base argument at the end of the day.
He's saying he's happy with the direction of suppression and how it messes with accuracy, but would like it toned down a bit in his opinion.
You are complaining about the way it works in general and keep likening its base function as cheap, rewarding for bad players, not strategic, this, that and the other.
You chose a bad source to try and back up your argument tbh.

You do realize that is our argument, as well, right?


And in response to your response to me, I'm behind cover more than not, and if I get a 1-3 second window to pop out and put the bullet where it needs to go, by god it should go there.

Teamwork will overcome a lack of skill, but skill can also overcome terrible teamwork, much more easily.

Also, my experiences with hardcore is the exact opposite. Greater risk for greater reward. The better your reflexes, the less likely you are to be caught by surprise.
AMD Transplant
(11 items)
 
To be a NAS
(13 items)
 
Death Kühler
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
965BE GA-78LMT-S2P MSI TFIII 7950 Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Noctua NH-D14 Win7 Pro FX2490HD 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X660 Antec Three Hundred Saitek Rat 7 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Gateway GM5072 AMD HD5550 2.0 Gb 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Seagate Barracuda 500Gb Samsung FX2490 MS Keyboard 3000 300w generic 
Mouse
MS Intellipoint 3000 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k GigaByte Z68M-D2H-B3 MSI 560 Ti TFIII Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Antec Khuler 920 Win7 HP Samsung FX2490 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Keyboard 3000 Seasonic X-660 Antec Three Hundred Microsoft Mouse 3000 
Mouse PadAudio
None - Blue Track baby Senn HD428 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD Transplant
(11 items)
 
To be a NAS
(13 items)
 
Death Kühler
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
965BE GA-78LMT-S2P MSI TFIII 7950 Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Noctua NH-D14 Win7 Pro FX2490HD 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X660 Antec Three Hundred Saitek Rat 7 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Gateway GM5072 AMD HD5550 2.0 Gb 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Seagate Barracuda 500Gb Samsung FX2490 MS Keyboard 3000 300w generic 
Mouse
MS Intellipoint 3000 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k GigaByte Z68M-D2H-B3 MSI 560 Ti TFIII Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Antec Khuler 920 Win7 HP Samsung FX2490 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Keyboard 3000 Seasonic X-660 Antec Three Hundred Microsoft Mouse 3000 
Mouse PadAudio
None - Blue Track baby Senn HD428 
  hide details  
Reply
post #160 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster_is_better View Post

and a buff in repair tool sounds good to me.
Ew, no. They already nerfed it and it's quite nice where it is. It's now at least possible to kill vehicles being actively repped.
Hexafun
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 8700k ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac EVGA GTX 980 CORSAIR Vengeance 3733MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 960 Pro 2TB Corsair H100i v2 Windows 10 Pro Corsair AX850 Gold 
Case
Fractal Design Nano S 
  hide details  
Reply
Hexafun
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 8700k ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac EVGA GTX 980 CORSAIR Vengeance 3733MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 960 Pro 2TB Corsair H100i v2 Windows 10 Pro Corsair AX850 Gold 
Case
Fractal Design Nano S 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [battlefieldo]BF3 New DLC, Content Service, and Double XP Weekend