Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › ASUS Direct CU II GTX 670 question?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ASUS Direct CU II GTX 670 question? - Page 3

post #21 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPoe View Post

snip
LOL, it's clear you are itching for a argument and a lot of cross posting. Here, lets go back to what was said in another post only a few moments ago. Here's another exchange. Face it, we won't agree.

OP it's up to you which way to go but from what I've been seen you can't go wrong with the non OC version thumb.gif
Edited by EastCoast - 5/12/12 at 4:09pm
post #22 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoast View Post

LOL, It's clear you are itching for a argument and a lot of cross posting. Here, lets go back to what was said in another post only a few moments ago. Here's another exchange. Face it, we won't agree.

I don't understand what those two links have to do with anything. Please elaborate.

Also, I don't care about reaching an agreement, i'm just giving the original poster proper information that he can use to base his decision on. Stop making it personal.
Edited by SeanPoe - 5/12/12 at 4:01pm
post #23 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPoe View Post

I don't understand what those two links have to do with anything. Please elaborate.
Also, I don't care about reaching an agreement, i'm just giving the original poster proper information that he can use to base his decision on. Stop making it personal.
Let me reitterate what was said in the other thread. Take which is cheaper thumb.gif. It doesn't have to be an overclock card. LOL
post #24 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoast View Post

Let me reitterate what was said in the other thread. Take which is cheaper thumb.gif. It doesn't have to be an overclock card. LOL

The non-reference cards COST THE SAME as the reference card and the non-reference ones are better. So i don't understand why you're going to every 670 thread trying to convince people to buy the reference one over the non-reference ones. You specifically said to get the reference one multiple times in this thread. Being factor overclocked isn't the reason you buy non-reference cards. It's because they have aftermarket parts on them that makes them better structurally. Because of these better parts, they will last longer, overclock better, and run quieter and at a lower temperature.
post #25 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPoe View Post

The non-reference cards COST THE SAME as the reference card and the non-reference ones are better. So i don't understand why you're going to every 670 thread trying to convince people to buy the reference one over the non-reference ones. You specifically said to get the reference one multiple times in this thread. Being factor overclocked isn't the reason you buy non-reference cards. It's because they have aftermarket parts on them that makes them better structurally. Because of these better parts, they will last longer, overclock better, and run quieter and at a lower temperature.

^ exactly. why would anyone not buy a non-reference card, which is superior than the reference card in every single way? and that too on the same price point! the asus directcu ii "non TOP version" is $399 and so is the reference ones.
post #26 of 56
at 420$, that card rules
GTR-PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k 4.3Ghz  ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 EVGA GTX 770 4GB FTW Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Zotac SSD - WD 1TB (x2) Zalman Performa W10 64 Bits HP 2509 25" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sidewinder X6 Thermaltake Smart 700w 80Plus CM Storm Enforcer Mionix Naos 3200 
Mouse Pad
SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
GTR-PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k 4.3Ghz  ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 EVGA GTX 770 4GB FTW Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Zotac SSD - WD 1TB (x2) Zalman Performa W10 64 Bits HP 2509 25" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sidewinder X6 Thermaltake Smart 700w 80Plus CM Storm Enforcer Mionix Naos 3200 
Mouse Pad
SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 56
quick question: i know a 500w PSU will be sufficient to power a reference card , but will be sufficient to power the "asus 670 TOP version". i cant seem to find out its power requirement anywhere redface.gif
post #28 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoast View Post

And what good is the backplate for? What person that doesn't have a backplate found the card to be handicap without it?

Backplate is useful in a water cooled scenario as it would protect if a minor leak developed in the CPU block area. Also it keeps dust of the back of the card for easy cleaning.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 @ 3.85GHz Gigabyte G1.Sniper X58 BiosF4e CPU1.2v/QPI1.225v MSIGTX680 Core1120/1185MHz Mem6000MHz G.Skill 3x4GB Ripjaws RLF3 1600MHz @ CAS8 1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Samsung 256GB SSD 830 Samsung 1TB F3 LG Blu-ray RW BH10LS30 Windows 7 Pro 64-bit Hazro HZ27WA LED S-IPS TFT 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Keysonic KSK-8020HM Aluminium Seasonic X-Series 760W 80+ Gold Cooler Master 690 II Advanced Logitech RX1000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 @ 3.85GHz Gigabyte G1.Sniper X58 BiosF4e CPU1.2v/QPI1.225v MSIGTX680 Core1120/1185MHz Mem6000MHz G.Skill 3x4GB Ripjaws RLF3 1600MHz @ CAS8 1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Samsung 256GB SSD 830 Samsung 1TB F3 LG Blu-ray RW BH10LS30 Windows 7 Pro 64-bit Hazro HZ27WA LED S-IPS TFT 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Keysonic KSK-8020HM Aluminium Seasonic X-Series 760W 80+ Gold Cooler Master 690 II Advanced Logitech RX1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 56
Here is my take on the whole gtx 600 lineup. Most of it is already known, but people don't see Nvidia's strategy which is obvious. They release the mid range chip and call it a high end and charge $500.00. People buy it at this price, and as planned, it runs out of stock since they didn't make that many for a reason. This reason is they know the gtx 400 makes the gtx 680 obsolete. The 680 was only there to put the $500.00 price in people's heads.
Next they release the gtx 690 for a ludicris $1,000.00. As planned, its out of stock as its sole purpose really was to put $1,000.00 into people's heads for this level of performance, although a few might still be available now and then, but not many for the stated reasons since now you'd have to be an idiot to buy one and you should be vomiting if you already have one.
Next, they release basically the same gtx 680 at $400.00 Now people think, "LOOK how CHEAP it is NOW!" and they can't wait to spend this high price for a mid range, especially since they can now get $1,000.00 performance for $800.00. It seems like a bargain but its a complete ripoff. When GK110 hits, they can classify it as an unusually high end card and charge $700.00 for it. The end result is an entire lineup that is way more expensive than any other in history, and people will pay their money and thank them for it as they laugh all the way to the bank.
Edited by moonbogg - 5/13/12 at 2:46am
post #30 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbogg View Post

Here is my take on the whole gtx 600 lineup. Most of it is already known, but people don't see Nvidia's strategy which is obvious. They release the mid range chip and call it a high end and charge $500.00. People buy it at this price, and as planned, it runs out of stock since they didn't make that many for a reason. This reason is they know the gtx 400 makes the gtx 680 obsolete. The 680 was only there to put the $500.00 price in people's heads.
Next they release the gtx 690 for a ludicris $1,000.00. As planned, its out of stock as its sole purpose really was to put $1,000.00 into people's heads for this level of performance, although a few might still be available now and then, but not many for the stated reasons since now you'd have to be an idiot to buy one and you should be vomiting if you already have one.
Next, they release basically the same gtx 680 at $400.00 Now people think, "LOOK how CHEAP it is NOW!" and they can't wait to spend this high price for a mid range, especially since they can now get $1,000.00 performance for $800.00. It seems like a bargain but its a complete ripoff. When GK110 hits, they can classify it as an unusually high end card and charge $700.00 for it. The end result is an entire lineup that is way more expensive than any other in history, and people will pay their money and thank them for it as they laugh all the way to the bank.
You people and your "mid range" stories are so boring..
It's faster than AMD's highend cards, it's faster than NVidia's last highend cards, It even comes damn close to the 590.
Even if it's true that the card was meant to be a mid range card, it doesn't even matter.
Nvidia sells it as a High-end card, if they would release something twice as fast as a 580 it would destroy their own market.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › ASUS Direct CU II GTX 670 question?