- State your budget! (Set an absolute maximum or give a relative maximum with + x amount if it will be amazingly better).
Looking around $250
- State your music tastes
Mostly rock, jazz, and classical
- State what perks are highly desirable (low impedance, heavy bass, excellent for gaming etc..)
I'm using them mostly for gaming but I would like to upgrade for music. Would like to have some bass though.
- State what products you already have and are planning on using with your recommended item (state whether you have an amp if you're looking for headphones with high impedance for example)
Well I got no amp, only a sound card which is an Creative X-Fi Xtremegamer Fatal1ty Pro.
- State how you are going to use the item (e.g. out-and-about, at the gym, at home, PC / console, gaming, music etc). The more detail in this, the better.
Mostly using them on my PC for PC gaming and some music.
- State where you live and offer some sites that are known for having good prices / being reputable so we can help recommend you products in your country's currency (like Amazon or ebay).
Probably going to buy in on Amazon. No I will not buy used.
I actually narrowed down my choices to a Sennheiser HD598, a Beyerdynamic DT990, or a AKG Q701. The only problem is that I've been reading that I need amps to make these things work. However, buying amps would make me go over my budget since the headphones themselves already cost ~$250. What would be a better option for me or do I wait for these things to go on sale and buy an amp? Lastly, will my sound card be enough or do I need to upgrade that too?