Originally Posted by rolfathan
So let me sum it up what I've gathered from this thread and a visit to Micro Center, and correct me if I'm wrong:
- Not really for super-twitch gamers, but as it's around 5ms refresh it's very good for most people, and pretty much better than the standard was all of five years ago. (meaning people with monitors 4+ years old will see it as the same refresh or better?)
- Does include the DVI cable capable of using the max resolution.
- [this one I found out at the store in Orange County CA] Does NOT include a Micro Center warranty (which costs extra) thus if you have an issue you must ship it to the manufacturer, and would cost a small fortune. Thus you really wanna spend $50 extra to get the two-year micro-center warranty? (However, store warranties always sketch me out. Look at how ****ty Best Buys warranties are.)
- Wobbly stand? (not clear, and if so, is it easy to put a different stand on it, unlike some of the Korean ones from eBay where it can jack up some internals/cause scary popping sound?)
- No dead pixels, no edge bleed. Slightly uneven lighting, but not bad/hardly noticeable.
- This doesn't have AG coating.
- Doesn't have a brick for power (or does it?)
- S-IPS, same as Apple's.
- 10bit? (True or is it 8Bit with simulated 10?)