Originally Posted by Odius
Hey DudeNell, what did you end up getting?
See above odius, also grabbed a second monitor (exactly the same). Were you the guy in front of me? What laptop did you end up getting?
Originally Posted by CramComplex
So wait you're the guy with the blue shirt and blue hoodie along with your girl? Damn that's a long drive...
Lesson learned for my first warehouse sale...I'd like to note some tips:
1.) Get there early...if possible 1am or earlier
2.) Bring a better chair to lounge on (or like the other dude, brought a sleeping bag and slept there)
3.) Bring something that'll make you pass the time if you're alone
4.) Minimal drinks (I had to run to the other side of the street where a barber shop let me use their toilet)
5.) Make a list of what you really need (easier picking, oddities and extras can be had later)
6.) NEVER EVER CUT IN LINE - make arrangements ahead of time if you're arriving late and someone has saved a spot for you
Yup I was, we made it into a vacation since we have Monday off here in the US. Went to the gumball 3000 downtown before heading over to the line. Worked out very well. I will be in Buffalo again come the fall so I'll probably make the September / October sale if they have one.
Just some notes on those rules
1. You have to be there before 11pm the night before to be first
2. Highly recommend a chair you can put your feet up with. The sleeping bag had to be uncomfortable since he had no pad, plus it was a little noisy and hard to sleep lol
3. Bring movies if possible. Second laptop battery if you have one, Ipod or smart phone is always good. I was going to bring a book but forgot it when I left on Friday.
4. There are no restrooms, surprised you found one... rofl
5. Exactly. Check the video too for prices, have a budget set in place cause it's really easy to go over that budget. Remember to ALWAYS ASK about prices there. That ram was listed at 100$ on the actual price tag they put on. I was really hoping for z77 boards so I didn't do my research on z68, I was busy looking up info inside the store which could have cost me a few items.
6. seems like this is an issue everytime I go. I think you got a little flustered at me too (If you were the guy who came up to me??) cause my gf came around 8am to drop off food and such. Originally she was going to help me look for parts (I wouldn't have came out with anything more than I did) and to help teach her what to look for when she builds her first system but shes saving up for the fall.
and to add onto those suggestions.
7. Also come with friends if possible. Having an extra person on hand so that you can grab food is really helpful. It's not good to shop at these sales on an empty stomach as you make rash decisions.
8. If you think you are going to get it or the deal looks great, pick it up! You can always put it back after. I picked up 3 motherboards at first and checked out all the specs online before I made a decision.
NCIX needs to give the wifi password or someone needs to bring a brute forcer to help figure out the damn wifi password rofl.
Next time I'm going to bring a sign for OCN and an American flag, cause I seem to be the only one from the US going to these sales LOLEdited by dudenell - 5/26/12 at 10:36pm