Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [OFFICIAL] GTX 670 Overclocking
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] GTX 670 Overclocking - Page 118

post #1171 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7j3 View Post

are you guys posting your kepler boosts? If not I have really low oc's =[

What are your overclocks ?? remember the monitoring tab in GPU-Z or Msi afterburner will report the actuall max core clock.

I got lucky and get 1310 Core on the default BIOS version F1 with my Windforce
Edited by Pittster - 8/21/12 at 9:41pm
THE HAF
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz | 1.31V Asus P8Z68-V-Pro Gigabyte GTX670 OC WindForce Gigabyte GTX670 OC WindForce 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill 8-8-8-24 1600 Samsung 830 256Gb 2TB Seagate Barracuda 2x 2TB Seagate Green's Raid 1 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Asus DVD-RW Noctua NH-D14 | Thermalright TY-140's Corsair AF 140 Quite Side Fan Corsair AF 120 Quite Side Fan 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermalright TY-140 CPU Fans Win 7 Pro Dell U22HM & Samsung 2253BW Logitech G15 Ver2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster 850w Power Pro CoolerMaster HAF 912 Advanced Logitech G400 Power Wave 
AudioOther
Asus Xonar DX Audio Technica ATH-AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
THE HAF
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz | 1.31V Asus P8Z68-V-Pro Gigabyte GTX670 OC WindForce Gigabyte GTX670 OC WindForce 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill 8-8-8-24 1600 Samsung 830 256Gb 2TB Seagate Barracuda 2x 2TB Seagate Green's Raid 1 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Asus DVD-RW Noctua NH-D14 | Thermalright TY-140's Corsair AF 140 Quite Side Fan Corsair AF 120 Quite Side Fan 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermalright TY-140 CPU Fans Win 7 Pro Dell U22HM & Samsung 2253BW Logitech G15 Ver2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster 850w Power Pro CoolerMaster HAF 912 Advanced Logitech G400 Power Wave 
AudioOther
Asus Xonar DX Audio Technica ATH-AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1172 of 1562
Just a heads up regarding using Heaven as a benchmark. It seems that some people, but not all, using both ATI or Nvidia cards can experience "flickering" of textures that some might construe as bad over clocks when using the free version of Heaven. I've had it happen to me, tried replacing the card because I assumed it was faulty, and had the same exact issue with Heaven. It can apparently happen with BOTH ATI Nvidia card and can start happening suddenly after running several benchmarks with no problems.

Symptoms:
A flickering of textures or flashing on the screen when running through Heaven at either overclocked speeds OR stock speeds.
It can start occurring for no reason after several benchmark sessions where it wasn't present before OR it can happen during your first benchmark.
Removing drivers and re-installing them does nothing to remove it.
Removing Heaven and re-installing it does nothing to remove it.
You will NOT see any flashing textures or screen flashes in games or other benchmarks. The card will be 100% stable except for video flashing when using Heaven.

I have NOT tried re-installing windows, nor do I plan to do so.

Here's a video example of it on youtube that discusses the problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NrM_UrtdmQ

In a nutshell, if you're experiencing any of those symptoms do not automatically assume your overclock or card at stock speeds is unstable, it might be perfectly fine. As an alternative, you should probably trying using EVGA oc scanner along with a few other benchmarking tools, Heaven, while reliable for some, does not appear to be 100% reliable in all cases. Apparently this is a known issue with the free version that is fixed in the "Pro" version of the benchmark.
post #1173 of 1562
at 1.175 volts my kepler boost is 1291, my boost is 1200 and my mem is 3105. I haven't tested for stability but it ran skyrim with hd textures, enb, and max settings fine for 2 hours last night. How should I go about testing stability? I was thinking of running occt artifact scan for an hour since that program seems to stress it the most
post #1174 of 1562
The ultimate stability test for me is running heaven for >4h.
post #1175 of 1562
how would you know there were any errors?
post #1176 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post

Just a heads up regarding using Heaven as a benchmark. It seems that some people, but not all, using both ATI or Nvidia cards can experience "flickering" of textures that some might construe as bad over clocks when using the free version of Heaven. I've had it happen to me, tried replacing the card because I assumed it was faulty, and had the same exact issue with Heaven. It can apparently happen with BOTH ATI Nvidia card and can start happening suddenly after running several benchmarks with no problems.
Symptoms:
A flickering of textures or flashing on the screen when running through Heaven at either overclocked speeds OR stock speeds.
It can start occurring for no reason after several benchmark sessions where it wasn't present before OR it can happen during your first benchmark.
Removing drivers and re-installing them does nothing to remove it.
Removing Heaven and re-installing it does nothing to remove it.
You will NOT see any flashing textures or screen flashes in games or other benchmarks. The card will be 100% stable except for video flashing when using Heaven.
I have NOT tried re-installing windows, nor do I plan to do so.
Here's a video example of it on youtube that discusses the problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NrM_UrtdmQ
In a nutshell, if you're experiencing any of those symptoms do not automatically assume your overclock or card at stock speeds is unstable, it might be perfectly fine. As an alternative, you should probably trying using EVGA oc scanner along with a few other benchmarking tools, Heaven, while reliable for some, does not appear to be 100% reliable in all cases. Apparently this is a known issue with the free version that is fixed in the "Pro" version of the benchmark.

About Heaven, I may be wrong but after a had too many crash with heaven because of my OC i stop using it for good " I think Heaven had a Bug out many people include me" The ODD thing is 3DMark11 support any High OC from my cards I mean all my TOP OC and Heaven crashes with low OC from my cards I had no have any "A flickering of textures or flashing on the screen when running Heaven" but some how it does not work very well for me like it used to work with my pair of 570's. I was going to say It may be the kepler but like you hear of and i read a bit too the ATI cards suffer from the same issue of "flickering of textures or flashing on the screen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecfreak View Post

The ultimate stability test for me is running heaven for >4h.

I use my 3Dmark11 for my stability test. I have been using it for quite some time and it always have given me the accurancy on my cards that I need.

PS: Thanks again for edited my bios
Black Hawk
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k - 13 B 666 Asus Maximus VI Formula 1080 SeaHawk EK | K|NGP|N  G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 830 128GB raiD 0 rx 360 rx240 rx240 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Ek-Res X3 250mm Swiftech MCP35X2 COUGAR CF-V12HPB Vortex Lamptron FC9 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Bitspower compression fittings koolance CPU 370 Windows 10 Pro Acer XB271HU ‑ 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Quick fire TK EVGA 1300g2 Corsair 800D MoDeD G502 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Rosewill REACT XL Creative Sound Blaster Z Sennheiser HD 555  AKG K267 
Other
M-Audio BX5a 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Hawk
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k - 13 B 666 Asus Maximus VI Formula 1080 SeaHawk EK | K|NGP|N  G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 830 128GB raiD 0 rx 360 rx240 rx240 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Ek-Res X3 250mm Swiftech MCP35X2 COUGAR CF-V12HPB Vortex Lamptron FC9 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Bitspower compression fittings koolance CPU 370 Windows 10 Pro Acer XB271HU ‑ 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Quick fire TK EVGA 1300g2 Corsair 800D MoDeD G502 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Rosewill REACT XL Creative Sound Blaster Z Sennheiser HD 555  AKG K267 
Other
M-Audio BX5a 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1177 of 1562
3D Mark is no longer accurate regarding stability.
I can run 3D Mark for hours with no issue, yet I have to drastically lower the overclock if I want to play more than a few minutes within Battlefield3.
The same goes for Heaven ....

Battlefield 3 really is a great way to see if the card is stable. (the best way, for me anyway)
post #1178 of 1562
does this seem average for an overclock with a gigabyte windforce gtx 670 oc?

1280 kepler boost clock 3348 memory clock
1.175 volts
post #1179 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7j3 View Post

does this seem average for an overclock with a gigabyte windforce gtx 670 oc?
1280 kepler boost clock 3348 memory clock
1.175 volts

average to a bit above average on the core. depends on who you talk to.
memory is below average. is that as high as it will go ? lowest ive seen is 3400mhz on the memory
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1180 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7j3 View Post

does this seem average for an overclock with a gigabyte windforce gtx 670 oc?
1280 kepler boost clock 3348 memory clock
1.175 volts

For whatever reason the GBs seem to have quite a bit of memory headroom. Mine is 3649 memory clock for everyday use. My max core (including kepler) is 1278. I run 1275 for everyday use.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [OFFICIAL] GTX 670 Overclocking