Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [OFFICIAL] GTX 670 Overclocking
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] GTX 670 Overclocking - Page 138

post #1371 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flisker_new View Post

Started overclocking RAM and after like half a day when it was completely fine at 3600Mhz it suddently crashed and started artifacting. Talked to friend today and he said that these chips are known to be faulty.
It's Hynix H5GQ2H24AFR-ROC btw. Can't find any on e-bay to get them replaced frown.gif So I'am done till I find some place to buy them. Can't RMA card, bought it cheap without warranty. Sad story.
Talking about this type - GV-N670OC-2GD

Does that mean there is indeed is a risk in overclocking a kepler, contradicting this post by SeanPoe:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPoe View Post

You could literally jack all the sliders to the max without causing damage. It would just cause your computer to crash or you'd get graphical anomalies.
post #1372 of 1562
I don't know if it is possible to do physical damage to the chips just by changing the frequency. They will fail, but they shouldn't be damaged. Voltage damages chips, not frequency. I guess it is possible that the board is configured so that setting really high memory clocks like that results in the memory getting a higher than normal voltage which could cause damage, but I've never heard of any other instances of that happening. Plenty of people have been running high memory overclocks since day one without any problem, so it certainly isn't a widespread problem - most likely something else at fault.
Edited by Forceman - 1/8/13 at 5:07pm
post #1373 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

I don't know if it is possible to do physical damage to the chips just by changing the frequency. They will fail, but they shouldn't be damaged. Voltage damages chips, not frequency. I guess it is possible that the board is configured so that setting really high memory clocks like that results in the memory getting a higher than normal voltage which could cause damage, but I've never heard of any other instances of that happening. Plenty of people have been running high memory overclocks since day one without any problem, so it certainly isn't a widespread problem - most likely something else at fault.

I believe overvolting the GPU can put more stress on the RAM. Don' know if this would be enough to damage it though.
post #1374 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by genidoi View Post

Does that mean there is indeed is a risk in overclocking a kepler, contradicting this post by SeanPoe:

What I am saying is that if are unlucky with at least this model - GV-N670OC-2GD of GTX670, don't know if there are same chips on other boards and u push memory you may end up like me. But ofc if u have warranty than it's no problem.
post #1375 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flisker_new View Post

What I am saying is that if are unlucky with at least this model - GV-N670OC-2GD of GTX670, don't know if there are same chips on other boards and u push memory you may end up like me. But ofc if u have warranty than it's no problem.

Warranty isn't an issue, still almost 3 years of it, but I have that exact same model and if worst comes to worst and its gets busted and warranty doesn't cover it, I will be one angry camper.
post #1376 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by genidoi View Post

Warranty isn't an issue, still almost 3 years of it, but I have that exact same model and if worst comes to worst and its gets busted and warranty doesn't cover it, I will be one angry camper.

I would advice you not OC ram at all and you should be fine... it won't get you much more performance anyway, max few % of performance.
post #1377 of 1562
So I got brand new GTX670 and still 1267Mhz is max I can get stable, I gotta be doing something wrong + I see ppl getting 11000 - 12000 graphics score in 3DMark 11 1.0.3 with 1100-1300Mhz on core while my max is damn 10000 +- .

Anybody knows whats the trick with 3DMark ?
post #1378 of 1562
Just finished finding my max OC in Heaven. Also used the modded bios for this.

Edited by Drake.L - 1/13/13 at 3:10pm
Nameless
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 EVGA GTX 670 FTW+ 4GB G. Skill Sniper 16GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 830 256GB Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Samsung P2770FH Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X650 Fractal Design R3 Logitech G600 Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
Nameless
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 EVGA GTX 670 FTW+ 4GB G. Skill Sniper 16GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 830 256GB Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Samsung P2770FH Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X650 Fractal Design R3 Logitech G600 Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1379 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flisker_new View Post

So I got brand new GTX670 and still 1267Mhz is max I can get stable, I gotta be doing something wrong + I see ppl getting 11000 - 12000 graphics score in 3DMark 11 1.0.3 with 1100-1300Mhz on core while my max is damn 10000 +- .

Anybody knows whats the trick with 3DMark ?

What kind of overclock are you running on the CPU?
Force1
(24 items)
 
Supa Troopa
(28 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon x5679 Xeon x5679 EVGA SR-2 Classified 3-Way SLi GTX Titan 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Force1 AVEXIR Green/White OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung 840 Pro Raid 0 WD Black Raid 0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Slim DVD-RW XPSC Raystorm Full Copper CPU Block XPSC Raystorm Full Copper CPU Block MIPS SR-2 Blocks 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
swiftech mcp35x2 Watercool MO-RA3 420 Core Radiator Copper Tubing Win 7 Ult x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
AOC 22" AOC 22" AOC 22" Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Dual Silverstone ST1500 Watt PSU's Custom Lanli PC-7077 with inverted SR-2 Mobo Tray Logitech G9 Integrated Optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Xeon x5650 EVGA x58 Classified EVGA GTX 480 EVGA GTX 480 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Gold Corsair XMS WD Caviar WD Caviar Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 4 Pioneer Bluray RW EK HF Gold CPU Block GTS Stealth 280 Rad 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Koolance PMP400 pump Lamptron FC5 Fan Controller Auquacomputer Auquatube Reservoir Enzotech Chipset Block 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
SR1 240 Rad Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit AOC e2243Fwk AOC e2243Fwk 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC e2243Fwk Razor Blackwidow Ultimate PC Power & Cooling MKIII 1200W Silentpower Coolermaster Storm Trooper 
MouseAudioAudioOther
Logitech G9x Soundblaster X-Fi Dell Altec Lansing 5.1 NVIDIA Shield 
  hide details  
Reply
Force1
(24 items)
 
Supa Troopa
(28 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon x5679 Xeon x5679 EVGA SR-2 Classified 3-Way SLi GTX Titan 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Force1 AVEXIR Green/White OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung 840 Pro Raid 0 WD Black Raid 0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Slim DVD-RW XPSC Raystorm Full Copper CPU Block XPSC Raystorm Full Copper CPU Block MIPS SR-2 Blocks 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
swiftech mcp35x2 Watercool MO-RA3 420 Core Radiator Copper Tubing Win 7 Ult x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
AOC 22" AOC 22" AOC 22" Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Dual Silverstone ST1500 Watt PSU's Custom Lanli PC-7077 with inverted SR-2 Mobo Tray Logitech G9 Integrated Optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Xeon x5650 EVGA x58 Classified EVGA GTX 480 EVGA GTX 480 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Gold Corsair XMS WD Caviar WD Caviar Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 4 Pioneer Bluray RW EK HF Gold CPU Block GTS Stealth 280 Rad 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Koolance PMP400 pump Lamptron FC5 Fan Controller Auquacomputer Auquatube Reservoir Enzotech Chipset Block 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
SR1 240 Rad Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit AOC e2243Fwk AOC e2243Fwk 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC e2243Fwk Razor Blackwidow Ultimate PC Power & Cooling MKIII 1200W Silentpower Coolermaster Storm Trooper 
MouseAudioAudioOther
Logitech G9x Soundblaster X-Fi Dell Altec Lansing 5.1 NVIDIA Shield 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1380 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake.L View Post

Just finished finding my max OC in Heaven. Also used the modded bios for this.
\

Can you explain this modded bios thing you're talking about?

I have gigabyte 990fxa-ud3. Is there a mod for my bios?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [OFFICIAL] GTX 670 Overclocking