Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [OFFICIAL] GTX 670 Overclocking
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] GTX 670 Overclocking - Page 83

post #821 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosniac View Post

Is Memory OC hurting you? Have you tried a moderate OC like +300 to 400

yea I guess so got 1224 score @ 140/400. Heres what I don't get it was not fluctuating my core before today with 140/600+ now it is. Well I guess i'll see if I can get memory any higher without it fluctuating the core
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #822 of 1562
did you make sure your voltage slider is still maxed out ? my drops to default when my driver crashes.
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #823 of 1562
well im officially stumped, I've come full circle in testing and the results are not the same as they were the first time.
as you can see im getting higher scores now with the same settings also I can't go over 140 on the core even 141 crashes which sucks cause im stuck @ 1199 core wanted 1200. rolleyes.gif

323
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #824 of 1562
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwareDecoder View Post

well im officially stumped, I've come full circle in testing and the results are not the same as they were the first time.
as you can see im getting higher scores now with the same settings also I can't go over 140 on the core even 141 crashes which sucks cause im stuck @ 1199 core wanted 1200. rolleyes.gif
323
The score I had with a stock GB 670 WF which boost out of the box to 1215MHz was 1255, if it makes you feel any better.
post #825 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosniac View Post

The score I had with a stock GB 670 WF which boost out of the box to 1215MHz was 1255, if it makes you feel any better.

I feel fine and im happy with the score @ 140/550 as long as it doesn't act weird like it did before. I am just curious what was causing my core to fluctuate maybe one of the reboots solved it but I did reboot atleast 2-3x before the problem went away. I'm gonna just stick with 140/550 for now and hope for no problems/crashes. Thanks for the help bosniac +rep well deserved.

Now it's time to actually play a game lol!
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #826 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc-illiterate View Post

did you make sure your voltage slider is still maxed out ? my drops to default when my driver crashes.

that happens to me when the driver crashes due to the clocks not bet stable. so long as the card doesn't get any damage from it then ok.
post #827 of 1562
So I'm guessing this is the owner's thread as well? Couldn't find one using search.

Anyway, I now have SLI 4GB SC+ 670's biggrin.gif Got them in, and I'm just downloading Afterburner now (at 20KB/s, yay capped internet). I've done a 3DM11 run and scored 13143, which sounds about right, however for some reason they are showing as only running at 705/3004 rather than the correct 1046/1502. Is this just the CPU bottleneck I'm bound to experience with this system?

I also noticed that I get a horrible squealy whine through my headphones whenever the cards are under load. One of them is directly above my sound card but I wouldn't think that would cause issues. Sound is fine when the cards are not under load. I'm going to play some BF3 shortly and I'll see if they do the same thing, as it might have been to do with downloading Afterburner in the background. I've so far run the WEI and 3DM11 and both times it happened, but both times I was downloading Afterburner.

EDIT: Just did a Heaven run, with default fan (maxed at ~50%). Both cards hit ~80C and levelled out, so no worries there I think (I usually run 100% fan anyway so it's a bit of a moot point). Usage was 97 on Card 1 and 98 on Card 2. Clocks were correct this time around - I'm guessing it's a 2x for the memory, not a 4x?

I averaged 94 FPS and scored 2400ish. Can't post pics because of the net frown.gif

I played some music in parts of the Heaven run and couldn't hear the whine over it, but it was there whenever I hit pause. Not as loud, but still there. Going to have a BF3 run and see how I go. It won't hit anywhere near full usage because I cap the game at 60fps so I might not get a whine.

EDIT2 (sorry): Whine still present in BF3, noticed it on the Ziba Tower loading screen, however I didn't notice it on the Scrapmetal loading screen (2nd game) so maybe it's gone. It was definitely quieter in Heaven than it was initially in WEI and then 3DM11. BF3 CQ, capped at 60fps and all maxed (apart from no FXAA or Motion Blur), used ~80% per card and only hit 70C. AWESOME biggrin.gif
Edited by LAF - 6/26/12 at 2:18am
MiniCaptein
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700K MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC mITX EVGA GTX980Ti SC+ 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz 16-16-16-36 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
120GB Samsung 840 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 (Storage) 2TB WD Caviar Black (Games) Corsair H80i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Home Premium 64bit Dell U2711 2560x1440 60Hz Das Keyboard 4 Cherry Brown Seasonic X-Series 750W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Obsidian 250D Razer Taipan Razer Goliathus Fragged Extended Speed Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
MiniCaptein
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700K MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC mITX EVGA GTX980Ti SC+ 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz 16-16-16-36 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
120GB Samsung 840 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 (Storage) 2TB WD Caviar Black (Games) Corsair H80i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Home Premium 64bit Dell U2711 2560x1440 60Hz Das Keyboard 4 Cherry Brown Seasonic X-Series 750W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Obsidian 250D Razer Taipan Razer Goliathus Fragged Extended Speed Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #828 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAF View Post

So I'm guessing this is the owner's thread as well? Couldn't find one using search.
Anyway, I now have SLI 4GB SC+ 670's biggrin.gif Got them in, and I'm just downloading Afterburner now (at 20KB/s, yay capped internet). I've done a 3DM11 run and scored 13143, which sounds about right, however for some reason they are showing as only running at 705/3004 rather than the correct 1046/1502. Is this just the CPU bottleneck I'm bound to experience with this system?
I also noticed that I get a horrible squealy whine through my headphones whenever the cards are under load. One of them is directly above my sound card but I wouldn't think that would cause issues. Sound is fine when the cards are not under load. I'm going to play some BF3 shortly and I'll see if they do the same thing, as it might have been to do with downloading Afterburner in the background. I've so far run the WEI and 3DM11 and both times it happened, but both times I was downloading Afterburner.
EDIT: Just did a Heaven run, with default fan (maxed at ~50%). Both cards hit ~80C and levelled out, so no worries there I think (I usually run 100% fan anyway so it's a bit of a moot point). Usage was 97 on Card 1 and 98 on Card 2. Clocks were correct this time around - I'm guessing it's a 2x for the memory, not a 4x?
I averaged 94 FPS and scored 2400ish. Can't post pics because of the net frown.gif
I played some music in parts of the Heaven run and couldn't hear the whine over it, but it was there whenever I hit pause. Not as loud, but still there. Going to have a BF3 run and see how I go. It won't hit anywhere near full usage because I cap the game at 60fps so I might not get a whine.
EDIT2 (sorry): Whine still present in BF3, noticed it on the Ziba Tower loading screen, however I didn't notice it on the Scrapmetal loading screen (2nd game) so maybe it's gone. It was definitely quieter in Heaven than it was initially in WEI and then 3DM11. BF3 CQ, capped at 60fps and all maxed (apart from no FXAA or Motion Blur), used ~80% per card and only hit 70C. AWESOME biggrin.gif

ouch only 13143 3dmark score?? seems low. Your Graphics Score is only 16532 which my TOP SLI runs almost 20,000. is that due to the 4GB version running slower clocks?
My Game Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 2600K @ 4.8Ghz ASUS P8P67 PRO Asus DirectCU2 TOP GTX 670SLI 8GB Patriot Gamer 2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2540GB Patriot Pyro SSD Windows 7 64bit 3 benq 24" 120hz monitors Silverstone 1000w 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
My Game Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 2600K @ 4.8Ghz ASUS P8P67 PRO Asus DirectCU2 TOP GTX 670SLI 8GB Patriot Gamer 2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2540GB Patriot Pyro SSD Windows 7 64bit 3 benq 24" 120hz monitors Silverstone 1000w 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #829 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabulon View Post

ouch only 13143 3dmark score?? seems low. Your Graphics Score is only 16532 which my TOP SLI runs almost 20,000. is that due to the 4GB version running slower clocks?

Hrm, you do have a 2600K which would be less of a bottleneck. The 4GB version doesn't run slower clocks - these cards are clocked at 1046/3004. For some reason 3DM11 showed them as running at 705/3004, however when I was gaming AB reported them at the correct clocks. I'll do another 3DM11 run when I get home from work.
MiniCaptein
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700K MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC mITX EVGA GTX980Ti SC+ 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz 16-16-16-36 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
120GB Samsung 840 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 (Storage) 2TB WD Caviar Black (Games) Corsair H80i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Home Premium 64bit Dell U2711 2560x1440 60Hz Das Keyboard 4 Cherry Brown Seasonic X-Series 750W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Obsidian 250D Razer Taipan Razer Goliathus Fragged Extended Speed Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
MiniCaptein
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700K MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC mITX EVGA GTX980Ti SC+ 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz 16-16-16-36 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
120GB Samsung 840 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 (Storage) 2TB WD Caviar Black (Games) Corsair H80i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Home Premium 64bit Dell U2711 2560x1440 60Hz Das Keyboard 4 Cherry Brown Seasonic X-Series 750W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Obsidian 250D Razer Taipan Razer Goliathus Fragged Extended Speed Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #830 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazvydas View Post

Please explain to noob: so I set gpu boost to 1150 mhz, but in monitoring gpu clock goes to 1358 mhz. So what is my real OC? 1150 or 1358? Cheers.

See the first link in my sig for the explanation.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [OFFICIAL] GTX 670 Overclocking