Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Razer Ouroboros
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Razer Ouroboros - Page 8

post #71 of 125
Yea, even at the $130 we Americans pay it seems overpriced, $80 for the Taipan was very pricey, and at the very top of the acceptable price range in my opinion. I'd actually consider this mouse if it was in that price range, but 50 extra bucks for it?

Feel bad for you people who get screwed on exchange rates. This mouse isn't worth half of what you'd have to pay for it.
Gaming Machine
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3/i5/i7 2600k [@ 4.4 GHz] Asrock z77 Extreme 4 EVGA GTX570 SC G.Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Western Digital Green Kingston HyperX 3K Western Digital Black Swiftech H220 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8 Pro asus vs239 asus vh238 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V2 Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 2013 Razer Krait Asus Xonar D1 
Audio
Audio-Technica ATH-A700X  
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Machine
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3/i5/i7 2600k [@ 4.4 GHz] Asrock z77 Extreme 4 EVGA GTX570 SC G.Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Western Digital Green Kingston HyperX 3K Western Digital Black Swiftech H220 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8 Pro asus vs239 asus vh238 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V2 Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 2013 Razer Krait Asus Xonar D1 
Audio
Audio-Technica ATH-A700X  
  hide details  
Reply
post #72 of 125
Just can't justify paying that much, it looks impressive and when user reviews come out maybe I'll change my mind. Until then, gonna window shop lol.
post #73 of 125
Are the DPI buttons customizable?
Nexus
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K Gigabyte Z87 G1 Sniper M5  2x Zotac GTX 780 Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 4x4Gb (16Gb)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Force GT 240Gb Seagate 3TB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Swiftech H220 w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15 (p... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Samsung 32EH5000 32" HD Direct lit LED TV Ducky Shine 3 [Cherry MX Blue , White LED] Silverstone Strider Gold 850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 350D Logitech G700, Logitech G9X Puretrack Talent Logitech Z5500 5.1 Digital Speaker 
  hide details  
Reply
Nexus
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K Gigabyte Z87 G1 Sniper M5  2x Zotac GTX 780 Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 4x4Gb (16Gb)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Force GT 240Gb Seagate 3TB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Swiftech H220 w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15 (p... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Samsung 32EH5000 32" HD Direct lit LED TV Ducky Shine 3 [Cherry MX Blue , White LED] Silverstone Strider Gold 850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 350D Logitech G700, Logitech G9X Puretrack Talent Logitech Z5500 5.1 Digital Speaker 
  hide details  
Reply
post #74 of 125
130 is expensive, but then again how many people bought the Mamba for the same price? ^^

Designwise this thing is a real masterpiece. From the one prototype photo I've seen I didn't really like it due to the fat sidepanels but at that time I didn't know they were interchangeable and the slim ones have a perfect shape (that's the one thing that keeps me away from the Cyborg R.A.T. mice). The rest of the shape seems on par with the Xai, Sensei etc. but making it adjustable in length and the angle of the palm rest will probably make it even a little better individually for each person. So thumbs up on that.

Due to myself personally preferring lighter mice I'd probably use it in wired mode without battery. The use of a single AA battery is always great though for the ones who prefer it wireless. You can always get replacement rechargeable ones for the cheap and you could even put in alkalines for those situations where you need them.

It's sad though that another great mouse design is wasted on a sensor with acceleration issues. :/
post #75 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONVMENTVM View Post

130 is expensive, but then again how many people bought the Mamba for the same price? ^^
Designwise this thing is a real masterpiece. From the one prototype photo I've seen I didn't really like it due to the fat sidepanels but at that time I didn't know they were interchangeable and the slim ones have a perfect shape (that's the one thing that keeps me away from the Cyborg R.A.T. mice). The rest of the shape seems on par with the Xai, Sensei etc. but making it adjustable in length and the angle of the palm rest will probably make it even a little better individually for each person. So thumbs up on that.
Due to myself personally preferring lighter mice I'd probably use it in wired mode without battery. The use of a single AA battery is always great though for the ones who prefer it wireless. You can always get replacement rechargeable ones for the cheap and you could even put in alkalines for those situations where you need them.

It's sad though that another great mouse design is wasted on a sensor with acceleration issues. :/

I'm guilty, I bought the mamba and forced myself to get used to it because of the cost and then got the Ikari laser and realized how horrible the tracking really is on the mamba.

When reviews came out about the mamba, no one reviewed the sensor, it's like it was the most irrelevant part when it came to discussing the mouse and everyone was praising it like crazy.

It's amazing how many good reviews it got, purely on aesthetics. For me, it's all about the tracking and everything else is secondary. Now if this mouses sensor has no acceleration/prediction/z-axis issues, I'd be willing to pay the 130 but not until I find out what's under the hood.
post #76 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunan View Post

I'm guilty, I bought the mamba and forced myself to get used to it because of the cost and then got the Ikari laser and realized how horrible the tracking really is on the mamba.
When reviews came out about the mamba, no one reviewed the sensor, it's like it was the most irrelevant part when it came to discussing the mouse and everyone was praising it like crazy.
It's amazing how many good reviews it got, purely on aesthetics. For me, it's all about the tracking and everything else is secondary. Now if this mouses sensor has no acceleration/prediction/z-axis issues, I'd be willing to pay the 130 but not until I find out what's under the hood.

The acceleration issues it has is caused by the Dynamic DPI Scaling "feature". Nontheless do you have the original or the Mamba 2012 4G?
post #77 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONVMENTVM View Post

The acceleration issues it has is caused by the Dynamic DPI Scaling "feature". Nontheless do you have the original or the Mamba 2012 4G?

I have the original mamba. No matter what updates I do to either the firmware or software nothing changes in the tracking. I see it as so bad I dot even like to use it on the desktop.
post #78 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunan View Post

I have the original mamba. No matter what updates I do to either the firmware or software nothing changes in the tracking. I see it as so bad I dot even like to use it on the desktop.

The z-axis issues never disappear (so it only works well on hard mousepads) but if you install firmware 1.06 at least it has no acceleration (Dynamic DPI Scaling) and tracking should be fine then.

Would you sell yours? smile.gif
post #79 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONVMENTVM View Post

The z-axis issues never disappear (so it only works well on hard mousepads) but if you install firmware 1.06 at least it has no acceleration (Dynamic DPI Scaling) and tracking should be fine then.
Would you sell yours? smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunan View Post

I have the original mamba. No matter what updates I do to either the firmware or software nothing changes in the tracking. I see it as so bad I dot even like to use it on the desktop.

You're either using a surface that doesn't work well with the Mamba or, as stated by MONVMENTVM, you're using one of those newer firmware versions with DDS, which should affect precision on rather slow movements.

Z-Axis issue is CPI-dependant, so the lower your CPI, the less you will notice it.

@MONVMENTVM :
I never extensively tested the firmware with DDS, but I remember it felt a bit off on short movements, but not much, when coupled with the Mamba at 400CPI, it is possible it also works better the lower the CPI is set?
post #80 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONVMENTVM View Post

The z-axis issues never disappear (so it only works well on hard mousepads) but if you install firmware 1.06 at least it has no acceleration (Dynamic DPI Scaling) and tracking should be fine then.
Would you sell yours? smile.gif

I'll have to reinstall the SW and see what firmware it has, I don't remember. And idk, are you interested in buying it?

If I remember right it did track better on the destructor pad but it wore down the skates some and the pad started getting 'grippy' so again that's when I went back to cloth.

Best scroll wheel of any mouse I've ever used though, bar none.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Razer Ouroboros