Here is my situation (bulletpointed for your pleasure)
- My first build of anything in my life
- Done quite some research
- Picked out the i3 and HD 7850 but people say bottlenecking issues
- I say "i cant afford an i5 AND 7850" but they persist saying "they just dont go together"
- I say "please leave me alone, i cant stand this much weight on my budget!" and they come back with "well it is like buying a ferrari with a moped engine"
- So I finally give in and i look into getting an i5 2500k from amazon for £153 (trustable site right?) and also try to put down the budget as MUCH as i can on accesories included dvd drive and cases and harddrives etc.
- So here is my potential basket:
Antec 300 (maybe try to find a cheaper easier to use case)
8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black
20m ethernet cable
120mm Akasa AK-174BK-S Black Case Fan, x2 (maybe only get one)
Corsair Enthusiast TX V2 600w (i am already a fan boy but i guess i need to make changes and get a cheaper PSU so i can afford an i5)
Intel Core i5 2500K (unlocked) if possible
500GB Seagate (wanted 1tb but oh well )
MSI Z77A-G43 Ivybridge Ready Motherboard
2GB Asus Radeon HD 7850
- So should i go for the i5 to avoid bottlenecking issues especially on CPU heavy games like BF3 multiplayer and skyrim but as a side effect go through all the trouble of cutting ties with my corsair fan boyism and shopping around painfully to find cheaper parts
- ...or should i just stick with the i3 2120?
- Thank you for reading!