Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Gigabyte G1. Sniper 5/5M/3/M3 Owners Thread/Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gigabyte G1. Sniper 5/5M/3/M3 Owners Thread/Club - Page 150

post #1491 of 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by theforsakenone View Post

Thanks for the reply...

I have not tested either of the GTX 660s in another machine...my old machine only contained PCI-e v1.0 slots, and I took the PSU and HDDs out to put in the new computer. I did try the GTX 260 from that machine on the new board and received the same results. It doesnt seem likely that I got two defective 660s and somehow had my 260 die at the very moment I received 2 defective cards. tongue.gif

Ill be migrating at least one HDD back tonight so that I can have a functioning computer while I try to figure this issue out. I can try to run the 660 on the older computer but I cant say it will be any different with a v3.0 card going into a v1.0 slot.
Sounds like something is broken, call Gigabyte support, and they;ll probably just tell you to RMA it.
post #1492 of 1879
Contacted Gigabyte and it took a mere 15 mins to confirm that the issue was either with the mobo or with the CPU (possible PCI-e bus issue on the CPU). Since the CPU had shown no other issues at all, the rep with Gigabyte recommended returning the board to the vendor for an exchange (RMA is now in process). If the second board maintains the same issues, Ill RMA the processor, although I hope it doesnt come to that. Will update as things progress.
post #1493 of 1879
Does anyone know how to check which version the backup BIOS has? When I try to hit the update backup BIOS hotkey at boot, nothing happens.
post #1494 of 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

Does anyone know how to check which version the backup BIOS has? When I try to hit the update backup BIOS hotkey at boot, nothing happens.

Other than flipping the bios switch to the backup bios and rebooting into bios and checking it there, I don't know. Let me do mine for back up and switching bios and see if it says ne thing...

Edit: Yeah it doesn't show the bios version on the switch bios CRTL F10. So either you can do the above... or a ALT F10 to save main to backup, then you know they're the same, or CTRL F10 to swap the backup bios to the main bios, then you can see what the backup is... FWIW you might need to spam the keys soon after reboot...G/L
Edited by Conners - 5/16/13 at 2:54pm
Latest
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790K ASUS Maximus Hero VII ASUS R9 290 DCUII  ASUS R9 290 DCUII  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Trident X 16GB F3-2400C10-8GTX  Samsung 840 EVO SSD  Samsung 840 EVO SSD  Swiftech Apogee XL ROG Edition  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home ASUS VS247H-P Corsair Gaming K70  EVGA 1200 P2  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Artic White  Corsair Gaming M65 RGB  Corsair MM200  Onboard ROG SupremeFX  
Audio
Corsair Gaming H2100  
  hide details  
Reply
Latest
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790K ASUS Maximus Hero VII ASUS R9 290 DCUII  ASUS R9 290 DCUII  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Trident X 16GB F3-2400C10-8GTX  Samsung 840 EVO SSD  Samsung 840 EVO SSD  Swiftech Apogee XL ROG Edition  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home ASUS VS247H-P Corsair Gaming K70  EVGA 1200 P2  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Artic White  Corsair Gaming M65 RGB  Corsair MM200  Onboard ROG SupremeFX  
Audio
Corsair Gaming H2100  
  hide details  
Reply
post #1495 of 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conners View Post

Other than flipping the bios switch to the backup bios and rebooting into bios and checking it there, I don't know. Let me do mine for back up and switching bios and see if it says ne thing...

Edit: Yeah it doesn't show the bios version on the switch bios CRTL F10. So either you can do the above... or a ALT F10 to save main to backup, then you know they're the same, or CTRL F10 to swap the backup bios to the main bios, then you can see what the backup is... FWIW you might need to spam the keys soon after reboot...G/L
Nothing happens when I do that. If I hold down alt+f10 or click it a few hundred times as it starts up, it boots to windows without doing anything. I originally updated the BIOS with @BIOS; does that write the BIOS to both chips or something?
post #1496 of 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

Nothing happens when I do that. If I hold down alt+f10 or click it a few hundred times as it starts up, it boots to windows without doing anything. I originally updated the BIOS with @BIOS; does that write the BIOS to both chips or something?

I would doubt it does on the @ bios thing. Regardless if you want to know the backup bios version flip the switch. I bet its F4, especially since you say you never can access the backup features. On a side note you might try a different keyboard such as a PS/2, if your using a USB one... As I never have a problem assessing with my black widow... Just thoughts....
Latest
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790K ASUS Maximus Hero VII ASUS R9 290 DCUII  ASUS R9 290 DCUII  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Trident X 16GB F3-2400C10-8GTX  Samsung 840 EVO SSD  Samsung 840 EVO SSD  Swiftech Apogee XL ROG Edition  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home ASUS VS247H-P Corsair Gaming K70  EVGA 1200 P2  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Artic White  Corsair Gaming M65 RGB  Corsair MM200  Onboard ROG SupremeFX  
Audio
Corsair Gaming H2100  
  hide details  
Reply
Latest
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790K ASUS Maximus Hero VII ASUS R9 290 DCUII  ASUS R9 290 DCUII  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Trident X 16GB F3-2400C10-8GTX  Samsung 840 EVO SSD  Samsung 840 EVO SSD  Swiftech Apogee XL ROG Edition  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home ASUS VS247H-P Corsair Gaming K70  EVGA 1200 P2  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Artic White  Corsair Gaming M65 RGB  Corsair MM200  Onboard ROG SupremeFX  
Audio
Corsair Gaming H2100  
  hide details  
Reply
post #1497 of 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conners View Post

I would doubt it does on the @ bios thing. Regardless if you want to know the backup bios version flip the switch. I bet its F4, especially since you say you never can access the backup features. On a side note you might try a different keyboard such as a PS/2, if your using a USB one... As I never have a problem assessing with my black widow... Just thoughts....
I could try hitting the BIOS switch, but I have a graphics card in the third slot, so that's really hard to do. I don't feel like opening up my PC and poking it with a plastic stick right now.

Should I have the backup BIOS updated? Is is unsafe to not have it updated?

Can I back up the backup BIOS with @BIOS? by switching to it and going to windows?
post #1498 of 1879
ALT+F10 works for me with Quickfire Rapid... Try to spam that combo. Maybe just an issue with G1 though.
Ivy Bridge
(21 items)
 
Ryzen
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB 1600Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Western Digital WD1001FALS Samsung HD753LJ ST3300822AS 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Western Digital RED 3 TB Custom Loop Lamptron FC Touch Windows 8.1 update 1 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell P2414H CM Storm Quickfire Rapid Red EVGA G2 1000W Cooler Master Cosmos II 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Logitech G240 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Schiit Valhalla 
Audio
M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivy Bridge
(21 items)
 
Ryzen
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB 1600Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Western Digital WD1001FALS Samsung HD753LJ ST3300822AS 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Western Digital RED 3 TB Custom Loop Lamptron FC Touch Windows 8.1 update 1 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell P2414H CM Storm Quickfire Rapid Red EVGA G2 1000W Cooler Master Cosmos II 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Logitech G240 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Schiit Valhalla 
Audio
M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1499 of 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

I could try hitting the BIOS switch, but I have a graphics card in the third slot, so that's really hard to do. I don't feel like opening up my PC and poking it with a plastic stick right now.

Should I have the backup BIOS updated? Is is unsafe to not have it updated?

Can I back up the backup BIOS with @BIOS? by switching to it and going to windows?

In order of your questions, it's up to you.. But if your bios gets corrupted it will load whatever is on the secondary causing a boot loop maybe.. Unsafe, not sure what you mean by "Unsafe"

Yes if you flip the bios switch to secondary and use @BIOS it will up date... G/L
Latest
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790K ASUS Maximus Hero VII ASUS R9 290 DCUII  ASUS R9 290 DCUII  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Trident X 16GB F3-2400C10-8GTX  Samsung 840 EVO SSD  Samsung 840 EVO SSD  Swiftech Apogee XL ROG Edition  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home ASUS VS247H-P Corsair Gaming K70  EVGA 1200 P2  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Artic White  Corsair Gaming M65 RGB  Corsair MM200  Onboard ROG SupremeFX  
Audio
Corsair Gaming H2100  
  hide details  
Reply
Latest
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790K ASUS Maximus Hero VII ASUS R9 290 DCUII  ASUS R9 290 DCUII  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Trident X 16GB F3-2400C10-8GTX  Samsung 840 EVO SSD  Samsung 840 EVO SSD  Swiftech Apogee XL ROG Edition  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home ASUS VS247H-P Corsair Gaming K70  EVGA 1200 P2  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Artic White  Corsair Gaming M65 RGB  Corsair MM200  Onboard ROG SupremeFX  
Audio
Corsair Gaming H2100  
  hide details  
Reply
post #1500 of 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conners View Post

In order of your questions, it's up to you.. But if your bios gets corrupted it will load whatever is on the secondary causing a boot loop maybe.. Unsafe, not sure what you mean by "Unsafe"
Well, if my BIOS corrupts and I can't use the secondary BIOS to flash the primary BIOS, then the board is pretty much bricked. Someone said that you need to have both BIOS updated to the same version.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Gigabyte G1. Sniper 5/5M/3/M3 Owners Thread/Club