Originally Posted by Conners
What version of CPUZ are you using? Might try the latest version (if your not) and see if that helps.
I am using v1.61 already. Can someone else with the M3 please confirm they are able to monitor the vcore with CPU-Z?
Originally Posted by domt5chord
I am planning on getting this board - and creating a whole build around it, but I have a few questions.
1) I use a rat 7 and the Black Mamba - both USB gaming gear, and I understand that USB based keyboards and mice do not work with the bios, hence no OC? Is that true? What kind of mouse and keyboard would I need to use that works with the Bios?
I am using Microsoft Wireless Arc keyboard and an old Logitech MX mouse, both of which require separate USB dongles, and both work fine in version F7 of the M3's BIOS. What does it have to do with the OC, btw?
2) When I buy this new, will I need to flash to the latest bios? Or has gigabyte taken the time to make sure the boards are all updated now?
Flashing a BIOS is an easy and pain-free process. I had to flash mine and you will probably have to as well. Nothing to be worried about.
3) How cool does the chipset on the board stay? Is there a water cooling solution for the motherboard?
4) Any water-cooling tips? I was thinking about running a dual loop - one for the CPU and Ram, and one for the dual 7970's that I will be running in the system.
Can't comment on the watercooling, but I have achieved a stable, mild OC on both the CPU and the GPU in a _very small_ mATX case (Fractal Design Core 1000) without any issues whatsoever.
5) Are there any other quirks or problems that I'd want to know about before I buy this board?
See my vcore issue above. Apart from Gigabyte's ET6, I haven't found anything else to reliably monitor the vcore in Windows with.