Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Gigabyte G1. Sniper 5/5M/3/M3 Owners Thread/Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gigabyte G1. Sniper 5/5M/3/M3 Owners Thread/Club - Page 28

post #271 of 1879
Got it, thanks!
post #272 of 1879
I am trying to get 16gb of Samsung green memory stable on a 4.5Ghz oc. The memory is running 2133Mhz with timings of 11 11 11 28 1T. I have several problems. I can't pass LinX above 2048 test. the relevant settings are Cpu Vtt @ auto, IMC @ auto and dim voltage @ 1.555. It doesn't matter what I change the Vtt or IMC to. within specs and have had the dim voltage as high as 1.59.

Also randomly when I reboot I get the fast beeps and it reboots. All I do is load the profile and all is good for a while then the mentioned happens.
Edited by Conners - 8/10/12 at 10:59am
Latest
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790K ASUS Maximus Hero VII ASUS R9 290 DCUII  ASUS R9 290 DCUII  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Trident X 16GB F3-2400C10-8GTX  Samsung 840 EVO SSD  Samsung 840 EVO SSD  Swiftech Apogee XL ROG Edition  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home ASUS VS247H-P Corsair Gaming K70  EVGA 1200 P2  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Artic White  Corsair Gaming M65 RGB  Corsair MM200  Onboard ROG SupremeFX  
Audio
Corsair Gaming H2100  
  hide details  
Reply
Latest
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790K ASUS Maximus Hero VII ASUS R9 290 DCUII  ASUS R9 290 DCUII  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Trident X 16GB F3-2400C10-8GTX  Samsung 840 EVO SSD  Samsung 840 EVO SSD  Swiftech Apogee XL ROG Edition  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home ASUS VS247H-P Corsair Gaming K70  EVGA 1200 P2  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Artic White  Corsair Gaming M65 RGB  Corsair MM200  Onboard ROG SupremeFX  
Audio
Corsair Gaming H2100  
  hide details  
Reply
post #273 of 1879
I'm about to go buy a motherboard and CPU at Microcenter, and I really like almost everything about the UD5H and the M3 except lack of PS2 on UD5H... The M3 is even better than the UD5H, but I can't see if there is an easy way to measure voltages on it like there is on the UD5H and G1 Sniper 3.
post #274 of 1879
I'm thinking of using a single (MSI 560GTX-Ti 2GB) card in the Sniper 3 eATX... I've read that the PLX chip adds latency to single gpu setups...so is it really a bad idea to go with only one graphics card, or will it run just fine?

This is what I'm looking at putting together:

Gigabyte Sniper 3 eATX
MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr ll 2GB
i5-3570K
G.Skill 16GB Ripjaws Z Series (4 X 4)

Thanks-
THE PHOENIX
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4690K/4.5GHz GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK EVGA GTX760 2GB SC/ACX  G.Skill Trident X 2400/16GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 120GB PNY CS1311 120GB Crucial M4 64GB WD VelociRaptor 150GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WDC Black 1TB ASUS Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon/64 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows10 Pro/64 Ubuntu 16.04 ASUS MX259H 25" Frameless Corsair K70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec TP-New 750W  Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Logitech ASUS Xonar D1 
  hide details  
Reply
THE PHOENIX
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4690K/4.5GHz GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK EVGA GTX760 2GB SC/ACX  G.Skill Trident X 2400/16GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 120GB PNY CS1311 120GB Crucial M4 64GB WD VelociRaptor 150GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WDC Black 1TB ASUS Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon/64 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows10 Pro/64 Ubuntu 16.04 ASUS MX259H 25" Frameless Corsair K70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec TP-New 750W  Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Logitech ASUS Xonar D1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #275 of 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davron View Post

I'm about to go buy a motherboard and CPU at Microcenter, and I really like almost everything about the UD5H and the M3 except lack of PS2 on UD5H... The M3 is even better than the UD5H, but I can't see if there is an easy way to measure voltages on it like there is on the UD5H and G1 Sniper 3.
Yea there are no vRead points, as those are really only for extreme OC boards, and the M3 isn't for that. For gaming the M3 is pretty damn good however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1 View Post

I'm thinking of using a single (MSI 560GTX-Ti 2GB) card in the Sniper 3 eATX... I've read that the PLX chip adds latency to single gpu setups...so is it really a bad idea to go with only one graphics card, or will it run just fine?
This is what I'm looking at putting together:
Gigabyte Sniper 3 eATX
MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr ll 2GB
i5-3570K
G.Skill 16GB Ripjaws Z Series (4 X 4)
Thanks-
It will be okay you wont really notice the difference unless you are benchmarking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conners View Post

I am trying to get 16gb of Samsung green memory stable on a 4.5Ghz oc. The memory is running 2133Mhz with timings of 11 11 11 28 1T. I have several problems. I can't pass LinX above 2048 test. the relevant settings are Cpu Vtt @ auto, IMC @ auto and dim voltage @ 1.555. It doesn't matter what I change the Vtt or IMC to. within specs and have had the dim voltage as high as 1.59.
Also randomly when I reboot I get the fast beeps and it reboots. All I do is load the profile and all is good for a while then the mentioned happens.

Try 1.65v, samsung green has the same memory as some of the 2600mhz kits and they are all rated 1.65v, it is safe to put 1.65v through the green, even up to 1.75v is okay. There was just a IOS released to fix the issue with samsung memory and the GB boards, but not for this board, but the fix can be added to this board.
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #276 of 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post

It will be okay you wont really notice the difference unless you are benchmarking.

Thanks-
THE PHOENIX
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4690K/4.5GHz GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK EVGA GTX760 2GB SC/ACX  G.Skill Trident X 2400/16GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 120GB PNY CS1311 120GB Crucial M4 64GB WD VelociRaptor 150GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WDC Black 1TB ASUS Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon/64 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows10 Pro/64 Ubuntu 16.04 ASUS MX259H 25" Frameless Corsair K70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec TP-New 750W  Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Logitech ASUS Xonar D1 
  hide details  
Reply
THE PHOENIX
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4690K/4.5GHz GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK EVGA GTX760 2GB SC/ACX  G.Skill Trident X 2400/16GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 120GB PNY CS1311 120GB Crucial M4 64GB WD VelociRaptor 150GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WDC Black 1TB ASUS Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon/64 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows10 Pro/64 Ubuntu 16.04 ASUS MX259H 25" Frameless Corsair K70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec TP-New 750W  Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Logitech ASUS Xonar D1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #277 of 1879
hi, just upgraded to this great board with 3770k. But i have problem running an Asus GTX670 TOP edition in the x16 slot (both slots). The LCD screen will blackout for a split second, sometime up to 2 seconds and back to normal. The only solution i have now is to put it in the first x8 slot. The problem seems disappear and running Unigine Heaven DX11 at no lost performance. But just now tried playing BF3 for 30 mins and got directX problem.

Anyone encounter this? anyway suggestion to solve it? I have heard there is some freezing/hang issue for certain Z77 board to run latest GPU at PCIE Gen 3. Setting it to Gen 2 might help but there is no such setting in the Sniper 3 BIOS. I have updated to the latest F5 BIOS.

Btw, i have tried the following trouble-shooting:
1. Gigabyte Z77 + Asus GTX670 TOP = random screen blackout
2. EVGA P55 micro + Asus GTX670 TOP = no issue
3. Gigabyte Z77 + Palit GTX260 = no issue
4. Gigabyte Z77 + on board Intel GPU = no issue

I have done a clean installation of Win7. I did try swapping the PSU from Corsair HX850 to FSP 600W, no effect at all. redface.gif

Note: CPU, RAM and GPU all running at stock, no overclocking is done yet until i got this problem settled.

Thank you. smile.gif
Edited by Evofighter - 8/13/12 at 9:46pm
post #278 of 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post

Yea there are no vRead points, as those are really only for extreme OC boards, and the M3 isn't for that. For gaming the M3 is pretty damn good however.

Thanks for the note. I had hoped that you had done one of your amazing (but unreleased ) circuit analysis including voltage points like you've done on some other boards that don't have the vRead points. As much as I'm saddened by the loss of PS2 for keyboard, I went with the UD5H. I'd forgotten that the M3 didn't have a dual 12v cpu connector. Thanks for your help.
post #279 of 1879
I'm not a big gamer and I'm only going to use a single nVidia card, the Z77X-UD5H has what I'm looking for ....but so does the Sniper 3 eATX, and the looks are awesome (I have a side window)...would it be a waste of money and motherboard (PLX and 4-way SLI/XFire) to pull the trigger on the Sniper 3 eATX?

Thanks-
Edited by cr1 - 8/14/12 at 2:56pm
THE PHOENIX
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4690K/4.5GHz GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK EVGA GTX760 2GB SC/ACX  G.Skill Trident X 2400/16GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 120GB PNY CS1311 120GB Crucial M4 64GB WD VelociRaptor 150GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WDC Black 1TB ASUS Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon/64 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows10 Pro/64 Ubuntu 16.04 ASUS MX259H 25" Frameless Corsair K70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec TP-New 750W  Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Logitech ASUS Xonar D1 
  hide details  
Reply
THE PHOENIX
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4690K/4.5GHz GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK EVGA GTX760 2GB SC/ACX  G.Skill Trident X 2400/16GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 120GB PNY CS1311 120GB Crucial M4 64GB WD VelociRaptor 150GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WDC Black 1TB ASUS Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon/64 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows10 Pro/64 Ubuntu 16.04 ASUS MX259H 25" Frameless Corsair K70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec TP-New 750W  Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Logitech ASUS Xonar D1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #280 of 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1 View Post

I'm not a big gamer and I'm only going to use a single nVidia card, the Z77X-UD5H has what I'm looking for ....but so does the Sniper 3 eATX, and the looks are awesome (I have a side window)...would it be a waste of money and motherboard (PLX and 4-way SLI/XFire) to pull the trigger on the Sniper 3 eATX?
Thanks-

headscratch.gif Only using a single gpu with a Sniper 3? Why would you do such a crime ? buttkick.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Gigabyte G1. Sniper 5/5M/3/M3 Owners Thread/Club