Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Asus 670 DirectCU II TOP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus 670 DirectCU II TOP - Page 138

post #1371 of 2693
That seems to be what most people are doing. My card would only crash in 3DMark11 (RSoD) but never crashed in Heaven.
Switch
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 3.6 ASUS Rampage II Extreme ASUS GTX 670 12GB, 6*2 G.Skill @ 1440 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
300GB Velociraptor + 2*1TB Cavier Black Vista Ultimate 64 Bit Acer P243W CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 
Case
Black Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
Switch
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 3.6 ASUS Rampage II Extreme ASUS GTX 670 12GB, 6*2 G.Skill @ 1440 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
300GB Velociraptor + 2*1TB Cavier Black Vista Ultimate 64 Bit Acer P243W CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 
Case
Black Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1372 of 2693
Heaven is a good choice yes. It will loop on its own if you just let it run.But that doesn't ensure stability completely. Best method imo is Bf3 as long as you can play it.
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1373 of 2693
Thread Starter 
im getting worried about all these negative comments about the card, so far mine seems stable at 1280, but sometimes I see black sections on hte screen for like one frame, sometimes its so fast I dont notice. Is this flickering a driver problem? Is anyone not returning this card?
post #1374 of 2693
mine has been good so far. no rsod, and no instability or flickering at all.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770K @ 4.7ghz Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H EVGA GTX 980TI ACX 2.0  8GB G.Skill Trident X 2400 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB 3TB Toshiba  3TB Toshiba Custom Water 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit HP 23xi Corsair HX750i Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
Mouse
Logitech G600 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770K @ 4.7ghz Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H EVGA GTX 980TI ACX 2.0  8GB G.Skill Trident X 2400 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB 3TB Toshiba  3TB Toshiba Custom Water 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit HP 23xi Corsair HX750i Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
Mouse
Logitech G600 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1375 of 2693
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBlackFire View Post

sometimes it doesn't stay set. it certainly resets if an application crashes. also, check the power mode in nvidia control panel.

AFAIK the voltage setting is part of the 'saved' profile in Afterburner, but in Precision the EVGA Voltage Tuner is a separate application. Ergo, settings made in the voltage tuner are not part of your PrecX profile, and there's no 'set at windows startup' on the voltage tuner ... not that I've ever found anyways. So if you want to up your voltage, you have to remember to go in and do it manually.

Too bad the voltage slider in Afterburner doesn't actually do anything, unlike the evga voltage tuning tool (at least it does for people like us w/cards that top out at <1.175V).
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1376 of 2693
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettjv View Post

AFAIK the voltage setting is part of the 'saved' profile in Afterburner, but in Precision the EVGA Voltage Tuner is a separate application. Ergo, settings made in the voltage tuner are not part of your PrecX profile, and there's no 'set at windows startup' on the voltage tuner ... not that I've ever found anyways. So if you want to up your voltage, you have to remember to go in and do it manually.
Too bad the voltage slider in Afterburner doesn't actually do anything, unlike the evga voltage tuning tool (at least it does for people like us w/cards that top out at <1.175V).

Hopefully EVGA will fix this.. it's kind of a pain!
post #1377 of 2693
Thread Starter 
I havent yet experienced many problems with the card, although when playing WoW occasionally a pinkish frame will flash, but this is so fast its almost not noticeable. The card runs stable at 1280, but should I return it to be safe? Seems like everyone is starting to have problems, I dont want this card to burn out in 2 months and then be stuck with it...thoughts?

Also is stuttering, flickering, other disturbances while playing games due to drivers or the actual card?

thanks!
post #1378 of 2693
Hi All,

First time on forums so be gentle! lol

Just got my 2x Asus GTX670 Directcu ii last night (not top version) and am trying to run them in SLI however via display port signal drops out everytime, i barely get a windows screen for more than 2 seconds without the monitor going to power save mode.

Via DVI port i get a signal however screen flickers for 10seconds or so then into power save. comes up again after 30 - 45 seconds and repeats.

Installed both drives from nvidia - .25 and the .42 neither seem to be different. (installed 1, no result, unistalled and re installed next version)

Sli bridge is on the left most ports (to the back of the case), yet to try the next ports - on the list for tonights testing.

Green lights on the boards - running enermax plat 1000W - so hopefully power is not the issue.

I am guessing either motherboard (G1 sniper 3) setup something in BIOS i have missed - OR something wrong with the drivers.

Running a i7 3770K, G1 sniper 3, Trident memory 16GB, 30inch dell.

Everything is straight out of the box, nothing clocked at all, everything running stock (would like to get it running stock before looking into clocking).

I did however manage to find revision numbers (whilst both graphic cards plugged in) which shocked me a little (via CPUZ app from motherbaord), one being A2 and the other being FF..... clock speeds were both at 340 MHZ or so.......i am praying those were all wrong - or maybe the onboard graphics, but the drop down menu did have both GTX 670's which is what i was clicking when i saw those values!

I am hoping its not a manner of a faulty card but my stupidity in not configuring the correct settings, but i must admit im a noob at SLI, first time doing it to be honest and everyone makes it look so easy! lol.

Your advise is much apprecaited.

thanks in advanced.

*should be shot for spelling that wrong!
Games
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K G1 Sniper 3 (F5 Bios) 3x Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 4x4 Gskill Trident 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 4 Blu Ray koolance 380i Windows 10 64Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x Dell 30' K95 AX1500 Corsair 900D 
Audio
Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Games
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K G1 Sniper 3 (F5 Bios) 3x Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 4x4 Gskill Trident 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 4 Blu Ray koolance 380i Windows 10 64Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x Dell 30' K95 AX1500 Corsair 900D 
Audio
Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1379 of 2693
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousPop View Post

Hi All,
First time on forums so be gentle! lol
Just got my 2x Asus GTX670 Directcu ii last night (not top version) and am trying to run them in SLI however via display port signal drops out everytime, i barely get a windows screen for more than 2 seconds without the monitor going to power save mode.
Via DVI port i get a signal however screen flickers for 10seconds or so then into power save. comes up again after 30 - 45 seconds and repeats.
Installed both drives from nvidia - .25 and the .42 neither seem to be different. (installed 1, no result, unistalled and re installed next version)
Sli bridge is on the left most ports (to the back of the case), yet to try the next ports - on the list for tonights testing.
Green lights on the boards - running enermax plat 1000W - so hopefully power is not the issue.
I am guessing either motherboard (G1 sniper 3) setup something in BIOS i have missed - OR something wrong with the drivers.
Running a i7 3770K, G1 sniper 3, Trident memory 16GB, 30inch dell.
Everything is straight out of the box, nothing clocked at all, everything running stock (would like to get it running stock before looking into clocking).
I did however manage to find revision numbers (whilst both graphic cards plugged in) which shocked me a little (via CPUZ app from motherbaord), one being A2 and the other being FF..... clock speeds were both at 340 MHZ or so.......i am praying those were all wrong - or maybe the onboard graphics, but the drop down menu did have both GTX 670's which is what i was clicking when i saw those values!
I am hoping its not a manner of a faulty card but my stupidity in not configuring the correct settings, but i must admit im a noob at SLI, first time doing it to be honest and everyone makes it look so easy! lol.
Your advise is much apprecaited.
thanks in advanced.
*should be shot for spelling that wrong!

I've never done SLI before but I do know how to debug some of your issues. Before trying to run the cards in SLI maybe you should test each card separately first.

Put in one card and try getting a signal via dvi port / Displayport. Once you fix that issue I would benchmark each card separately also to make sure they are stable.

The 340 mhz you are seeing is the idle clock speeds. Once at full load you will see your boost speed.

Use this benchmarking tool - unigine.com/products/heaven/

Once you have fixed your cable issues and have verified that each card is stable 100%. You can start OCing each card separately to find what it's max OC is and lastly setup SLI.
post #1380 of 2693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallacy View Post

I havent yet experienced many problems with the card, although when playing WoW occasionally a pinkish frame will flash, but this is so fast its almost not noticeable. The card runs stable at 1280, but should I return it to be safe? Seems like everyone is starting to have problems, I dont want this card to burn out in 2 months and then be stuck with it...thoughts?
Also is stuttering, flickering, other disturbances while playing games due to drivers or the actual card?
thanks!

Have you been monitoring your temps?

You may need to set a custom fan curve. I would even try to OC and run unigine.com/products/heaven/ to see what my maximum stable OC is. If I can get to 1300 stable without any artifacts, I would feel safe running my card at 1280. If you see that heaven benchmark crashes at 1280 stock or 1 or 2 higher I would return the card.

I believe WoW does not push the card to hard so you really don't know if you have a stable card or not -- you would have to test it using heaven or play a game that is intense on the card such as BF3.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Asus 670 DirectCU II TOP