Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Asus 670 DirectCU II TOP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus 670 DirectCU II TOP - Page 49

post #481 of 2693
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven88 View Post

That sucks
I remember a week or two back...everybody was like, yeah get the DC2, will OC way better! After more and more people get their hands on the DC2...it seems to be a toss up between the DC2 and the Gigabyte WF models....you can have a crap DC2, and on the other side, have an incredible GB WF....theres like no guarantee at this point....I would say for new comers, just save the extra $30 and go Gigabyte WF...if you get a crap Gigabyte WF, then don't sweat it because you could have gotten a crap DC2 as well

I still think the Asus is the better buy. My 'bad' Asus still destroys even mediocre Gigabytes. There's been tons of people getting less than 1220c/1600m on the gigabytes yet i'm still hitting 1271c/1831m on my asus. Even my 'bad' Asus is better than the average Gigabyte, most people are getting around 1280c/1650m on the Gigabyte. I also got a back-plate which i would have had to buy anyways for the gigabyte model, so really it's only $10 more. The totally silent fans are worth that $10 easily though.
Edited by SeanPoe - 5/30/12 at 10:03pm
post #482 of 2693
*** ... I popped this thing in stock settings didn't touch a thing and heaven crashes after 2 -3 minutes. So far it has crashed 3 times. GPU-Z reports 1137 Boost. DId I get a bad card?

Sweet card my firefox also started randomly crashing and so far I've gotten 2 red screen of deaths.


Update after viewing gpu tweak. I noticed that for some reason my stock runs at 1241 Mhz ... what gives? I lowered the GPU boost to 1049 and it runs at 1140. Is there some setting in bios I goofed up in?

Also I was successful running heaven.

700
Edited by Gauntlet3h - 5/30/12 at 10:20pm
post #483 of 2693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauntlet3h View Post

*** ... I popped this thing in stock settings didn't touch a thing and heaven crashes after 2 -3 minutes. So far it has crashed 3 times. GPU-Z reports 1137 Boost. DId I get a bad card?
Sweet card my firefox also started randomly crashing and so far I've gotten 2 red screen of deaths.

Like always, start with re-installing the drivers first and hope that works. Any other computers you can try the card out in?
Gaming Rig
(13 items)
 
HTPC
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus Maximus V Formula Asus Direct CU II TOP GTX 670 Asus Direct CU II OC GTX 670 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance  Crucial m4 Western Digital Cavair Black Corsair H100 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 8.1 Ducky Year of the Dragon Corsair RM650 Fractal Design R4 
Mouse
Logitech G500 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q8300 Asrock P43DE3 PNY GTX 460 8gb Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD 320gb Caviar Blue WD 320gb Caviar Blue Corsair H60 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio 32" LCD 680w CM Elite 361 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(13 items)
 
HTPC
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus Maximus V Formula Asus Direct CU II TOP GTX 670 Asus Direct CU II OC GTX 670 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance  Crucial m4 Western Digital Cavair Black Corsair H100 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 8.1 Ducky Year of the Dragon Corsair RM650 Fractal Design R4 
Mouse
Logitech G500 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q8300 Asrock P43DE3 PNY GTX 460 8gb Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD 320gb Caviar Blue WD 320gb Caviar Blue Corsair H60 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio 32" LCD 680w CM Elite 361 
  hide details  
Reply
post #484 of 2693
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPoe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven88 View Post

That sucks
I remember a week or two back...everybody was like, yeah get the DC2, will OC way better! After more and more people get their hands on the DC2...it seems to be a toss up between the DC2 and the Gigabyte WF models....you can have a crap DC2, and on the other side, have an incredible GB WF....theres like no guarantee at this point....I would say for new comers, just save the extra $30 and go Gigabyte WF...if you get a crap Gigabyte WF, then don't sweat it because you could have gotten a crap DC2 as well

I still think the Asus is the better buy. My 'bad' Asus still destroys even mediocre Gigabytes. There's been tons of people getting less than 1220c/1600m on the gigabytes yet i'm still hitting 1271c/1831m on my asus. Even my 'bad' Asus is better than the average Gigabyte, most people are getting around 1280c/1650m on the Gigabyte. I also got a back-plate which i would have had to buy anyways for the gigabyte model, so really it's only $10 more. The totally silent fans are worth that $10 easily though.
I agree. I actually have both cards. Going to sell the gigabyte. It only did 1220. Asus does 1290. As far as coolers they are both excellent. But I also want a backplate.

Regardless of my cards clocks it seems all the dcii top cards are hitting what 1250? I would say that's excellent for a minimum boost you should get. Although we are seeing more and more that are not stable at stock clocks. Sounds like Asus is really cutting it close on some. Or maybe they shouldn't have been top cards to begin with.
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #485 of 2693
Anyone else having problems getting their card to drop down to 2d profile settings?
My card seems to be stuck at it's overclocked settings. I reset all settings and saved that for
a 2d profile, but it seems to be stuck at my overlcoked settings when using MSI AB.
I know it used to downclock itself but after updating MSI AB to 2.2.1 it won't shift down.
Back Breaker
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz - 1.32V Asus Z87 Deluxe EVGA GTX 780 Classified G.SKill Ares DDR3 2x4 GB 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB Western Digitial Caviar Black 1TB Samsung F3 1TB Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung S27B970D Logitech G710+ XFX Pro 850W Black Edition 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Stormtrooper Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
Back Breaker
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz - 1.32V Asus Z87 Deluxe EVGA GTX 780 Classified G.SKill Ares DDR3 2x4 GB 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB Western Digitial Caviar Black 1TB Samsung F3 1TB Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung S27B970D Logitech G710+ XFX Pro 850W Black Edition 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Stormtrooper Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #486 of 2693
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post

I agree. I actually have both cards. Going to sell the gigabyte. It only did 1220. Asus does 1290. As far as coolers they are both excellent. But I also want a backplate.
Regardless of my cards clocks it seems all the dcii top cards are hitting what 1250? I would say that's excellent for a minimum boost you should get. Although we are seeing more and more that are not stable at stock clocks. Sounds like Asus is really cutting it close on some. Or maybe they shouldn't have been top cards to begin with.

Asus said that the primary goal of this card is that it has to be quiet under load. That alone makes it worth it. If it is a mad overclocker that is a bonus.

Chances are that in a real life situation, I will never notice 1-2 fps from a slightly less overclock. I will notice the extra noise, which is why my evga 670 went back to amazon and the Asus card is on the way.
post #487 of 2693
Quote:
Originally Posted by stcawthern View Post

Like always, start with re-installing the drivers first and hope that works. Any other computers you can try the card out in?
Weren't the red screens associated with some 3rd party gpu monitoring software? But Heaven crashing sounds like a bad overclock(card) to me.
post #488 of 2693
Quote:
Originally Posted by stcawthern View Post

Like always, start with re-installing the drivers first and hope that works. Any other computers you can try the card out in?

drivers!!! Thanks for the reminder. I was on the nvidia .25 drivers hopefully .42 fixes the issues ....
post #489 of 2693
Thread Starter 
Im getting this card tomorrow, and ive heard a few people say that the fans dont runs fast enough out of the box. If i dont tweak my card at all and its running striaght out of the box will i need to change the fan speeds? Im getting the TOP version smile.gif
post #490 of 2693
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPoe View Post

I still think the Asus is the better buy. My 'bad' Asus still destroys even mediocre Gigabytes. There's been tons of people getting less than 1220c/1600m on the gigabytes yet i'm still hitting 1271c/1831m on my asus. Even my 'bad' Asus is better than the average Gigabyte, most people are getting around 1280c/1650m on the Gigabyte. I also got a back-plate which i would have had to buy anyways for the gigabyte model, so really it's only $10 more. The totally silent fans are worth that $10 easily though.

Yeah, well ... as I've said before a bunch of times I think the DCII (or even the TOP) is worth it for the backplate alone ... however, my GB is dead silent at 60C max ... I also don't think there's any legitimate 'destroying' going on between the GB and Asus offerings.

And then, with my card, there's this:

375

Passing 3dMark11 at 1391/1693 = Win

Or perhaps you prefer Heaven at 1367/1750?

338

405

Yeah, I know ... I'm kind of a jerk tongue.gif

Honestly though Sean yours is still a very good OC, and I think you're right that on average the DCII's are coming in at slightly higher average core OC's, and considerably higher max memory OC's. However, I've not seen anyone on this thread top my rather golden GB yet on clocks ... but I may have missed it wink.gif
Edited by brettjv - 5/31/12 at 12:25am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Asus 670 DirectCU II TOP