Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › How does my gaming build look (update 2.0)? (~$2000)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How does my gaming build look (update 2.0)? (~$2000) - Page 6

post #51 of 86
Thread Starter 
I also have to add that all the help with cases is awesome, but there are other questions I would like help with too smile.gif

1. Is new thermal paste needed, or is the stuff that comes with the Hyper 212 good enough?

2. I have NEVER done or even seen in person a SLI setup. Do I have everything I need for it? Is there a good guide out there for nubs like me? (It would be awesome to max every game at absolute max settings, I've seen that one 670 can't really do this, but two can. Is it worth it still?)

3. Should I wait a while in order to get a 2-3 fan cooled card like the Gigabyte, or will the EVGA or MSI work just as fine?

4. Am I missing ANYTHING at all? I have a mouse and a mousepad, that is it. I am worried that I will be missing some part like a cable, or even the piece to hold the two SLI cards together (I have seen them, and assume that is what they are)

5. Do all the parts work together, are they compatible? (I don't know too much in this area)

6. Any recommendations on alternative parts?
Just for Email
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 720 BE @3.2 GHz Gigabyte GA-MA790XT HIS Radeon HD 4850 1GB @ 700/1050 4GB G.Skill 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
640GB 7200RPM WD LG 22X DVD+R Vista Home Premium 64 22" Gateway 
PowerCase
Corsair 650TX Antec 902 
  hide details  
Reply
Just for Email
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 720 BE @3.2 GHz Gigabyte GA-MA790XT HIS Radeon HD 4850 1GB @ 700/1050 4GB G.Skill 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
640GB 7200RPM WD LG 22X DVD+R Vista Home Premium 64 22" Gateway 
PowerCase
Corsair 650TX Antec 902 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigal1542 View Post

I also have to add that all the help with cases is awesome, but there are other questions I would like help with too smile.gif
1. Is new thermal paste needed, or is the stuff that comes with the Hyper 212 good enough?
2. I have NEVER done or even seen in person a SLI setup. Do I have everything I need for it? Is there a good guide out there for nubs like me? (It would be awesome to max every game at absolute max settings, I've seen that one 670 can't really do this, but two can. Is it worth it still?)
3. Should I wait a while in order to get a 2-3 fan cooled card like the Gigabyte, or will the EVGA or MSI work just as fine?
4. Am I missing ANYTHING at all? I have a mouse and a mousepad, that is it. I am worried that I will be missing some part like a cable, or even the piece to hold the two SLI cards together (I have seen them, and assume that is what they are)
5. Do all the parts work together, are they compatible? (I don't know too much in this area)
6. Any recommendations on alternative parts?

1) the 212 paste is good, there is better. but the paste that comes with it is pretty good

2) Sli requires a SLI bridge, Sometimes, your motherboard will come with one. A single 670 will play 95% of games at max settings, but it will not get 60+ FPS
3)The only thing is that the gigabyte might overclock more because it stays cooler
The Sig Rig
(19 items)
 
Wifey Rig
(11 items)
 
Xbox PC
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4.8GHz stable ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 MSI GTX 980 Ti 32GB (4 x 8GB) 1866Mhz Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB Crucial M4 1.5 TB HDD XSPC Raystorm RS360 Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Acer 28" 4K Corsair AX750 Corsair 800D SWTOR Razer Naga 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium XSPC RS120 8 x GT AP-15s White Sleeved Cables for Corsair AX750 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3Ghz Asus P5G41T-M LX Plus EVGA GTX 680 2x4 GB 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
500GB WD Black 64 GB Crucial M4 Sony CD/DVD burner H40 w/ GT AP-15s 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Home 64 bit Corsair CX430 APEVIA X-Plorer2 Pink 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G620 Foxconn H67S ITX Intel HD 2000 2 x 4GB 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
256GB Crucial M4 Old Laptop CD/DVD drive Windows 7 picoPSU-150-XT 
OtherOtherOther
4 x Purple LEDs Power button Tranquility Xbox 360 Skin 
  hide details  
Reply
The Sig Rig
(19 items)
 
Wifey Rig
(11 items)
 
Xbox PC
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4.8GHz stable ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 MSI GTX 980 Ti 32GB (4 x 8GB) 1866Mhz Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB Crucial M4 1.5 TB HDD XSPC Raystorm RS360 Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Acer 28" 4K Corsair AX750 Corsair 800D SWTOR Razer Naga 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium XSPC RS120 8 x GT AP-15s White Sleeved Cables for Corsair AX750 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3Ghz Asus P5G41T-M LX Plus EVGA GTX 680 2x4 GB 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
500GB WD Black 64 GB Crucial M4 Sony CD/DVD burner H40 w/ GT AP-15s 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Home 64 bit Corsair CX430 APEVIA X-Plorer2 Pink 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G620 Foxconn H67S ITX Intel HD 2000 2 x 4GB 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
256GB Crucial M4 Old Laptop CD/DVD drive Windows 7 picoPSU-150-XT 
OtherOtherOther
4 x Purple LEDs Power button Tranquility Xbox 360 Skin 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigal1542 View Post

I gotta say the the Lian Li looks really interesting. How is the airflow through there? Is it on par with the 932 or the storm sniper? It also looks a lot smaller, would it fit everything?
I would say the Lian Li or the storm sniper are my favorite.
That Lian Li is bigger than the storm sniper thumb.gif, the airflow is good but not quite as good as the sniper, however the case itself is a much higher quality. Personaly I'd get it over my storm Sniper and the Storm sniper over the HAF, HAF series is very plasticy and looks like several people designed it; the design doesn't flow too well IMO. The sniper also has these awesome handles to carry it which make it about 3 times easier to move
The Nvidorator
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 @ 4.0 ASUS P7P55D-E ASUS GTX570 8GB Corsiar 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
1 TB western Digital black SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Drive Win 7 64bit Ultimate Corsiar 750W 
Case
Storm Sniper Black 
  hide details  
Reply
The Nvidorator
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 @ 4.0 ASUS P7P55D-E ASUS GTX570 8GB Corsiar 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
1 TB western Digital black SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Drive Win 7 64bit Ultimate Corsiar 750W 
Case
Storm Sniper Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 86
I don't know too much about itunes.....sorry. About the wireless card.....i'm running this card on wireles N and i've had zero issues with it: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320074. Also about the Gigabyte video card again, I recommend at least a card with an aftermarket heatsink because they are virtually silent. Plus, the time may come when you want to overclock (which chances are you might eventually you never know!tongue.gif). I won't buy another reference card, thats just my opinion.

Also about the 256GB ssd....if you can afford it and you feel you could use the space then go hard. I have most of my games on my HDD as my SSD isnt large enough....althought load times arent honestly much different. I just love the SSD for the lightning fast booting and installing, etc.

G.Skill memory is great ram at a great value. I have used lots of it with no problems. Your choice is good. The thermal paste that comes with the hyper 212 is fine. Even if you are overclocking to ~4.7GHz. SLI is easy as pie. When you plug the cards in the drivers basically take over. There are tons of guides online. Your cards and or motherboard will come with an SLI bridge. All your parts look great. Your powersupply is more than capable or supplying everything even at MAX overclocks. wink.gif



Anymore questions just ask...thumb.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 930@4.2GHz 1.3v Asus Rampage III Formula Sapphire Radeon 7950 OC - 1000MHz/1500MHz MSI Radeon 7950 Twin Frozr III OC - 1000MHz/150... 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill 24GB DDR3 1600Mhz OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD - Primary Seagate 1TB HDD - Storage LG Blu-Ray 6X Writer 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Thermaltake Contac 30 w/ 2x Cooler Master Fans BitFenix Recon Fan Controller Windows 7 Pro 64bit ASUS PB278Q - 1440p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 OCZ ZX1000 Corsair 600T SE Cyborg Rat 7 Contagion Edition 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Sphex Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium w/ Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 930@4.2GHz 1.3v Asus Rampage III Formula Sapphire Radeon 7950 OC - 1000MHz/1500MHz MSI Radeon 7950 Twin Frozr III OC - 1000MHz/150... 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill 24GB DDR3 1600Mhz OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD - Primary Seagate 1TB HDD - Storage LG Blu-Ray 6X Writer 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Thermaltake Contac 30 w/ 2x Cooler Master Fans BitFenix Recon Fan Controller Windows 7 Pro 64bit ASUS PB278Q - 1440p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 OCZ ZX1000 Corsair 600T SE Cyborg Rat 7 Contagion Edition 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Sphex Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium w/ Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 86
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman517 View Post

1) the 212 paste is good, there is better. but the paste that comes with it is pretty good
2) Sli requires a SLI bridge, Sometimes, your motherboard will come with one. A single 670 will play 95% of games at max settings, but it will not get 60+ FPS
3)The only thing is that the gigabyte might overclock more because it stays cooler

Yeah, I would want to get 60 fps on all settings tongue.gif I will most likely also be getting a 1440p monitor in the next year or so (I need a new desk first).

Thanks again for the help, you rock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrdrdrd View Post

That Lian Li is bigger than the storm sniper thumb.gif, the airflow is good but not quite as good as the sniper, however the case itself is a much higher quality. Personaly I'd get it over my storm Sniper and the Storm sniper over the HAF, HAF series is very plasticy and looks like several people designed it; the design doesn't flow too well IMO. The sniper also has these awesome handles to carry it which make it about 3 times easier to move

Sounds good. Thank you for the help. Really helped!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_9611 View Post

I don't know too much about itunes.....sorry. About the wireless card.....i'm running this card on wireles N and i've had zero issues with it: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320074. Also about the Gigabyte video card again, I recommend at least a card with an aftermarket heatsink because they are virtually silent. Plus, the time may come when you want to overclock (which chances are you might eventually you never know!tongue.gif). I won't buy another reference card, thats just my opinion.
Also about the 256GB ssd....if you can afford it and you feel you could use the space then go hard. I have most of my games on my HDD as my SSD isnt large enough....althought load times arent honestly much different. I just love the SSD for the lightning fast booting and installing, etc.
G.Skill memory is great ram at a great value. I have used lots of it with no problems. Your choice is good. The thermal paste that comes with the hyper 212 is fine. Even if you are overclocking to ~4.7GHz. SLI is easy as pie. When you plug the cards in the drivers basically take over. There are tons of guides online. Your cards and or motherboard will come with an SLI bridge. All your parts look great. Your powersupply is more than capable or supplying everything even at MAX overclocks. wink.gif
Anymore questions just ask...thumb.gif

Thanks again for all of the help. This really helped!

I will definitely post if I have any more questions!
Just for Email
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 720 BE @3.2 GHz Gigabyte GA-MA790XT HIS Radeon HD 4850 1GB @ 700/1050 4GB G.Skill 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
640GB 7200RPM WD LG 22X DVD+R Vista Home Premium 64 22" Gateway 
PowerCase
Corsair 650TX Antec 902 
  hide details  
Reply
Just for Email
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 720 BE @3.2 GHz Gigabyte GA-MA790XT HIS Radeon HD 4850 1GB @ 700/1050 4GB G.Skill 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
640GB 7200RPM WD LG 22X DVD+R Vista Home Premium 64 22" Gateway 
PowerCase
Corsair 650TX Antec 902 
  hide details  
Reply
post #56 of 86
I would go with artic silver 5 thermal computer for your heatsink, it has the highest rating on newegg for heat transfer. your hyper 212 will have just a smudge of paste so its best to get some.

go with EVGA on the GPU that brand is way good. even if they have just one fan, > unless you are OC your graphics (which on two 670's isn't really needed for current games)
MCP
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-2600K 4.5 24/7 Asus P8-Z68 vPRO 2x GTX 570 1028mb Corsair 2x4GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
2X WD 1TB Black Caviar  2x OCZ Vertex 4 128GB  1Tb Lacie Rugged ASUS Black 12X BD-ROM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100 4X Ultra Kaze Windows Ultimate Asus 27" LED 10,000,000:1 Logitech k360 
PowerCaseMouseOther
Corsair AX1200W Cool Master Haf-X logitech MX-518 fan controller (for 4X Ultra kase) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz T... AS Rock LGA1155 DDR3 Z77 EXTREME4 2X Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X HD 7970 GHZ OC 6GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin... 
OSCaseOtherOther
Multi boot >Ubuntu, Linux, MacOSX, Win7, Fadora Corsair 900D Phobya G-Changer 560 Radiator Watercool - HEATKILLER® CPU Rev3.0 1155/1156 Ni-BL 
OtherOtherOtherOther
PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 3/8in. ID x 5/8in. OD Tu... XSPC D5 Dual Bay Reservoir/Pump Combo Phobya G-Changer 240 Ver. 1.2 Radiator (2x) Tron - ENCOM - Legacy - Sticker - Decal - ... 
OtherOther
(2x) Tron Rinzler Clu - Sticker - Decal - Die Cut (2x) Tron - Legacy - Encom - Sticker - Decal - ... 
  hide details  
Reply
MCP
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-2600K 4.5 24/7 Asus P8-Z68 vPRO 2x GTX 570 1028mb Corsair 2x4GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
2X WD 1TB Black Caviar  2x OCZ Vertex 4 128GB  1Tb Lacie Rugged ASUS Black 12X BD-ROM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100 4X Ultra Kaze Windows Ultimate Asus 27" LED 10,000,000:1 Logitech k360 
PowerCaseMouseOther
Corsair AX1200W Cool Master Haf-X logitech MX-518 fan controller (for 4X Ultra kase) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz T... AS Rock LGA1155 DDR3 Z77 EXTREME4 2X Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X HD 7970 GHZ OC 6GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin... 
OSCaseOtherOther
Multi boot >Ubuntu, Linux, MacOSX, Win7, Fadora Corsair 900D Phobya G-Changer 560 Radiator Watercool - HEATKILLER® CPU Rev3.0 1155/1156 Ni-BL 
OtherOtherOtherOther
PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 3/8in. ID x 5/8in. OD Tu... XSPC D5 Dual Bay Reservoir/Pump Combo Phobya G-Changer 240 Ver. 1.2 Radiator (2x) Tron - ENCOM - Legacy - Sticker - Decal - ... 
OtherOther
(2x) Tron Rinzler Clu - Sticker - Decal - Die Cut (2x) Tron - Legacy - Encom - Sticker - Decal - ... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1ynn View Post

I would go with artic silver 5 thermal computer for your heatsink, it has the highest rating on newegg for heat transfer. your hyper 212 will have just a smudge of paste so its best to get some.
go with EVGA on the GPU that brand is way good. even if they have just one fan, > unless you are OC your graphics (which on two 670's isn't really needed for current games)

The 212+ comes with a whole tube of decent TIM.... No need to waste money on AS5.
The Sig Rig
(19 items)
 
Wifey Rig
(11 items)
 
Xbox PC
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4.8GHz stable ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 MSI GTX 980 Ti 32GB (4 x 8GB) 1866Mhz Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB Crucial M4 1.5 TB HDD XSPC Raystorm RS360 Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Acer 28" 4K Corsair AX750 Corsair 800D SWTOR Razer Naga 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium XSPC RS120 8 x GT AP-15s White Sleeved Cables for Corsair AX750 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3Ghz Asus P5G41T-M LX Plus EVGA GTX 680 2x4 GB 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
500GB WD Black 64 GB Crucial M4 Sony CD/DVD burner H40 w/ GT AP-15s 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Home 64 bit Corsair CX430 APEVIA X-Plorer2 Pink 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G620 Foxconn H67S ITX Intel HD 2000 2 x 4GB 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
256GB Crucial M4 Old Laptop CD/DVD drive Windows 7 picoPSU-150-XT 
OtherOtherOther
4 x Purple LEDs Power button Tranquility Xbox 360 Skin 
  hide details  
Reply
The Sig Rig
(19 items)
 
Wifey Rig
(11 items)
 
Xbox PC
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4.8GHz stable ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 MSI GTX 980 Ti 32GB (4 x 8GB) 1866Mhz Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB Crucial M4 1.5 TB HDD XSPC Raystorm RS360 Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Acer 28" 4K Corsair AX750 Corsair 800D SWTOR Razer Naga 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium XSPC RS120 8 x GT AP-15s White Sleeved Cables for Corsair AX750 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3Ghz Asus P5G41T-M LX Plus EVGA GTX 680 2x4 GB 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
500GB WD Black 64 GB Crucial M4 Sony CD/DVD burner H40 w/ GT AP-15s 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Home 64 bit Corsair CX430 APEVIA X-Plorer2 Pink 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G620 Foxconn H67S ITX Intel HD 2000 2 x 4GB 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
256GB Crucial M4 Old Laptop CD/DVD drive Windows 7 picoPSU-150-XT 
OtherOtherOther
4 x Purple LEDs Power button Tranquility Xbox 360 Skin 
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 86
Thread Starter 
Hey guys,

Since I'm waiting on parts anyways, I am looking into other options. I was considering a non-SLI setup as I've heard a bunch that it might be overkill. I changed a few things too after going through the thread and reviews a ton. I have two possible setups. Do you guys think one is better than the other, or one would be better if I changed something? I know, you guys are probably rolling your eyes at me wink.gif

I have about 2k to use and I can use it all. No use in saving. It's a graduation present, so if I save on the build it won't be coming back to me later for upgrades tongue.gif lol

I decided to go with the 680 in the non-sli just because it has a little bit better performance. I have the cash, so why not right? (well maybe... you guys tell me). I also changed the 212 to an evo and went for the corsair 600t white, because it is pretty sexy if you ask me. I went for the sabertooth for the same reasons. It is rated better and if I do end up upgrading, it might be better? Not really sure here or if it is a complete waste.


SLI (The latest update)


Non-SLI (New build based off the other)

All help is more than welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1ynn View Post

I would go with artic silver 5 thermal computer for your heatsink, it has the highest rating on newegg for heat transfer. your hyper 212 will have just a smudge of paste so its best to get some.
go with EVGA on the GPU that brand is way good. even if they have just one fan, > unless you are OC your graphics (which on two 670's isn't really needed for current games)

Thanks for the adv ice. I will def keep it in mind.

+rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman517 View Post

The 212+ comes with a whole tube of decent TIM.... No need to waste money on AS5.

Sounds good. Thanks for another piece of advice.

+rep
Edited by bigal1542 - 5/23/12 at 11:20am
Just for Email
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 720 BE @3.2 GHz Gigabyte GA-MA790XT HIS Radeon HD 4850 1GB @ 700/1050 4GB G.Skill 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
640GB 7200RPM WD LG 22X DVD+R Vista Home Premium 64 22" Gateway 
PowerCase
Corsair 650TX Antec 902 
  hide details  
Reply
Just for Email
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 720 BE @3.2 GHz Gigabyte GA-MA790XT HIS Radeon HD 4850 1GB @ 700/1050 4GB G.Skill 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
640GB 7200RPM WD LG 22X DVD+R Vista Home Premium 64 22" Gateway 
PowerCase
Corsair 650TX Antec 902 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 86
Go with the SLI build you have there, and if you can squeeze this monitor in there.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&sku=320-2748

A nice quality 1080p screen w/ 2ms response time. thumb.gif

Also, do you have a dual band router for your dual band wireless card? I made that mistake already.... rolleyes.gif



EDIT:
a little advice on that sabertooth board, you will need to grab a fan for it. otherwise the thermal armor works against it'self.
The Sig Rig
(19 items)
 
Wifey Rig
(11 items)
 
Xbox PC
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4.8GHz stable ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 MSI GTX 980 Ti 32GB (4 x 8GB) 1866Mhz Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB Crucial M4 1.5 TB HDD XSPC Raystorm RS360 Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Acer 28" 4K Corsair AX750 Corsair 800D SWTOR Razer Naga 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium XSPC RS120 8 x GT AP-15s White Sleeved Cables for Corsair AX750 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3Ghz Asus P5G41T-M LX Plus EVGA GTX 680 2x4 GB 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
500GB WD Black 64 GB Crucial M4 Sony CD/DVD burner H40 w/ GT AP-15s 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Home 64 bit Corsair CX430 APEVIA X-Plorer2 Pink 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G620 Foxconn H67S ITX Intel HD 2000 2 x 4GB 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
256GB Crucial M4 Old Laptop CD/DVD drive Windows 7 picoPSU-150-XT 
OtherOtherOther
4 x Purple LEDs Power button Tranquility Xbox 360 Skin 
  hide details  
Reply
The Sig Rig
(19 items)
 
Wifey Rig
(11 items)
 
Xbox PC
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4.8GHz stable ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 MSI GTX 980 Ti 32GB (4 x 8GB) 1866Mhz Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB Crucial M4 1.5 TB HDD XSPC Raystorm RS360 Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Acer 28" 4K Corsair AX750 Corsair 800D SWTOR Razer Naga 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium XSPC RS120 8 x GT AP-15s White Sleeved Cables for Corsair AX750 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3Ghz Asus P5G41T-M LX Plus EVGA GTX 680 2x4 GB 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
500GB WD Black 64 GB Crucial M4 Sony CD/DVD burner H40 w/ GT AP-15s 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Home 64 bit Corsair CX430 APEVIA X-Plorer2 Pink 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G620 Foxconn H67S ITX Intel HD 2000 2 x 4GB 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
256GB Crucial M4 Old Laptop CD/DVD drive Windows 7 picoPSU-150-XT 
OtherOtherOther
4 x Purple LEDs Power button Tranquility Xbox 360 Skin 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 86
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman517 View Post

Go with the SLI build you have there, and if you can squeeze this monitor in there.
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&sku=320-2748
A nice quality 1080p screen w/ 2ms response time. thumb.gif
Also, do you have a dual band router for your dual band wireless card? I made that mistake already.... rolleyes.gif
EDIT:
a little advice on that sabertooth board, you will need to grab a fan for it. otherwise the thermal armor works against it'self.

Thanks a ton man, you've been a huge help.

Would you recommend that monitor over the one I have? The only problem I have now is my desk will only fit one 23" now, but in the next year I will most likely be grabbing another.

Yep, I have a dualband router, E4200 smile.gif Thanks for the thought though haha

Sounds good on the sabertooth, I probably won't get it then. Since you said go for the SLI, I guess the sabertooth doesn't even come into the conversation tongue.gif
Just for Email
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 720 BE @3.2 GHz Gigabyte GA-MA790XT HIS Radeon HD 4850 1GB @ 700/1050 4GB G.Skill 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
640GB 7200RPM WD LG 22X DVD+R Vista Home Premium 64 22" Gateway 
PowerCase
Corsair 650TX Antec 902 
  hide details  
Reply
Just for Email
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 720 BE @3.2 GHz Gigabyte GA-MA790XT HIS Radeon HD 4850 1GB @ 700/1050 4GB G.Skill 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
640GB 7200RPM WD LG 22X DVD+R Vista Home Premium 64 22" Gateway 
PowerCase
Corsair 650TX Antec 902 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › How does my gaming build look (update 2.0)? (~$2000)