Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus Z9PE-D8 Owner's thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus Z9PE-D8 Owner's thread - Page 212

post #2111 of 2450
I have a curious issue that started happening. I got a roccat tyon mouse and every time I boot the comp it hangs at the device list of the boot sequence.....and it curiously lists 2 keyboards instead of one ( the mouses' extra set of keys shows up as a 2nd keyboard). When I unplug the mouse the computer continues to boot into windows 10. I'm running a 5601 bios revision.

Also for what it's worth this started happening after I upgraded from windows 7 to win 10....even though I don't think the OS should have any bearing on the boot up sequence from the mobo.

Anyone have any ideas?


thanks
post #2112 of 2450
I also have this MoBo and Roccat tyon, running on Windows 10 Pro x64, no problems.

Bios update 5701 and 5802 further improve compatibility problems with USB keyboard and mice, so you should try the latest 5802 bios first.

Did you make any changes to where you plug your USB devices in?

Was the mouse your only upgrade? No USB 3.0 keyboard?

Also, if the bios update doesn't do the trick, put your old mouse back in so you can get into the O/S.

Then change your polling rate in the Tyon mouse settings down to 500hz.

I have mine plugged in on the USB headers at the top near the PS/2 sockets. Never had any problems.

Make sure your USB driver is installed correctly.

Last thing, and this one takes some time, make sure your chipset is up to date. Microsoft issued chipset updates for this mobo back in December 2015, and for some reason most of them do not install automatically, so you have to go down the list in system devices, right clicking each component, selecting update driver software, and search automatically. Your screen will go blank a few times when updating the PCIE related devices, and some may require a restart so best to note your place down the list when it asks for a reboot.

I think the Bios update will probably solve the problem though...
post #2113 of 2450
Hi guys there is a list of best setting for this board to get maximum performace possible?
post #2114 of 2450
Might be a dumb question but are there various versions of this motherboard? Taobao keeps showing two slightly different boards for Z9PE-D8 WS -


Here is a Taobao listing again with two slightly different board variations -

http://world.taobao.com/item/38902995321.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.vbQmxt#detail


EDIT:

So I guess I'm looking at models Z9PE-D8 WS and Z9PE-D8?
Edited by PLan2013 - 2/12/16 at 10:50am
post #2115 of 2450
I had a buddy put my machine together for me, but I've been having some issues. Here's my specs:

• ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS Dual LGA 2011 Motherboard
• 64GB CORSAIR Dominator Platinum DDR3 1866 RAM
• 3x SLI Evga Titan X Hydro
• 3x ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q (wanting to run nVidia surround 2650x1440ea)

For one thing, I'm only getting 1600MHz out of the RAM... From what I hear you need to overclock the board in order to get the 1866, but I've also heard that caused issues.

My BIGGER problem is I can't get nVidia surround to work. I've spoken to nVidia, and they are clueless. They've had me roll back drivers, try different Display Ports, etc. I rolled back from Windows 10 back to Windows 7 since Asus does not have drivers for Windows 10 yet, but the exact same issue is occurring.

Every time I try to activate nVidia surround I get an error: "Display Connection Error"




I am now suspecting that the actual configuration of the cards themselves may have something to do with this. My friend started the SLI from PCI 2 down instead of plugging into PCI slot 1. This will prevent me from getting to x16, but I'm not sure if this is going to be related to the surround or not? Anyone else have any ideas? Should I swich my SLI from PCI 2, 4, 6 to PCI 1, 3, 5?

So far I have a significant investment in this rig, but I suspect I am not seeing the performance that it should be capable of as of yet.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!


Edited by Venoms - 2/14/16 at 4:02am
post #2116 of 2450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venoms View Post

I had a buddy put my machine together for me, but I've been having some issues. Here's my specs:

• ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS Dual LGA 2011 Motherboard
• 64GB CORSAIR Dominator Platinum DDR3 1866 RAM
• 3x SLI Evga Titan X Hydro
• 3x ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q (wanting to run nVidia surround 2650x1440ea)

For one thing, I'm only getting 1600MHz out of the RAM... From what I hear you need to overclock the board in order to get the 1866, but I've also heard that caused issues.

My BIGGER problem is I can't get nVidia surround to work. I've spoken to nVidia, and they are clueless. They've had me roll back drivers, try different Display Ports, etc. I rolled back from Windows 10 back to Windows 7 since Asus does not have drivers for Windows 10 yet, but the exact same issue is occurring.

Every time I try to activate nVidia surround I get an error: "Display Connection Error"




I am now suspecting that the actual configuration of the cards themselves may have something to do with this. My friend started the SLI from PCI 2 down instead of plugging into PCI slot 1. This will prevent me from getting to x16, but I'm not sure if this is going to be related to the surround or not? Anyone else have any ideas? Should I swich my SLI from PCI 2, 4, 6 to PCI 1, 3, 5?

So far I have a significant investment in this rig, but I suspect I am not seeing the performance that it should be capable of as of yet.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!


As for the surround problem, I don't use it so cant help much there.

But from your photo, I see you have the cards plugged in pci-e slots 2, 4, and 6, these are only x8 slots, you need to plug the cards into the blue x16 slots for better performance.

Also are you using the force enable Gen 3 patch for this motherboard?

As for memory, if you are using the V1 E5-2600 CPU's you may not be able to go above 1600, V2's upwards I think are ok. This MoBo is very temperamental about the memory you used. Xeons usually prefer ECC R memory. But I know some non EC R memory has also been successful..
Edited by SRPlus - 2/14/16 at 6:12am
post #2117 of 2450
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRPlus View Post

As for the surround problem, I don't use it so cant help much there.
I plan to use for gaming and 3D Maya/Mudbox work. IF I can get the surround working, would there be a specific set up that I should toggle between for best 3D workstation performance vs gaming performance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRPlus View Post

But from your photo, I see you have the cards plugged in pci-e slots 2, 4, and 6, these are only x8 slots, you need to plug the cards into the blue x16 slots for better performance.
Yeah, sounds like we'll need to fix his mistake. For some reason he thought that if you use three cards, these were the slots he needed to use. But it appearst that 1,3 and 5 are the expected PCI slots for 3x SLI. Which who knows, maybe that is related to the surround issue I'm dealing with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRPlus View Post

Also are you using the force enable Gen 3 patch for this motherboard?
What is that? Where can I get it? I really haven't done anything other than update the bios and drivers that were on the Asus support site, so please catch me up on anything that I should be doing to maximize performance! smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRPlus View Post

As for memory, if you are using the V1 E5-2600 CPU's you may not be able to go above 1600, V2's upwards I think are ok. This MoBo is very temperamental about the memory you used. Xeons usually prefer ECC R memory. But I know some non EC R memory has also been successful..
Ah yeah, that's kind of what I gathered. Does not sound like it's worth the hassle for the extra 233MHz.
post #2118 of 2450
Hi guys someone figured out on "how to enable" pciex 3.0 on this motherboard? this is my specs:

z9ped8ws

2x xeon 2670 (revision C2)

64gb 8x8gb of non-ecc kingston 1866 memory (running at their top speed 1866)

evga gtx 980 ti

i have enable GEN3 on the bios, but nothing, still stuck to pciex 2.0 16x

i have tried "force-enable-gen3" patch but it seems to not work, it run but close immidiatly...i dunno what to do... :/
post #2119 of 2450
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRPlus View Post

I also have this MoBo and Roccat tyon, running on Windows 10 Pro x64, no problems.

Bios update 5701 and 5802 further improve compatibility problems with USB keyboard and mice, so you should try the latest 5802 bios first.

Did you make any changes to where you plug your USB devices in?

Was the mouse your only upgrade? No USB 3.0 keyboard?

Also, if the bios update doesn't do the trick, put your old mouse back in so you can get into the O/S.

Then change your polling rate in the Tyon mouse settings down to 500hz.

I have mine plugged in on the USB headers at the top near the PS/2 sockets. Never had any problems.

Make sure your USB driver is installed correctly.

Last thing, and this one takes some time, make sure your chipset is up to date. Microsoft issued chipset updates for this mobo back in December 2015, and for some reason most of them do not install automatically, so you have to go down the list in system devices, right clicking each component, selecting update driver software, and search automatically. Your screen will go blank a few times when updating the PCIE related devices, and some may require a restart so best to note your place down the list when it asks for a reboot.

I think the Bios update will probably solve the problem though...

Thanks for the insight SRplus; I will try the things you mentioned to see if that fixes the issue.
post #2120 of 2450
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4hwgenxx View Post

Hi guys someone figured out on "how to enable" pciex 3.0 on this motherboard? this is my specs:

z9ped8ws

2x xeon 2670 (revision C2)

64gb 8x8gb of non-ecc kingston 1866 memory (running at their top speed 1866)

evga gtx 980 ti

i have enable GEN3 on the bios, but nothing, still stuck to pciex 2.0 16x

i have tried "force-enable-gen3" patch but it seems to not work, it run but close immidiatly...i dunno what to do... :/



1 : Go to the link below and download the NVidia force enable Gen 3 patch.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3135/~/geforce-gen3-support-on-x79-platform

If you search on forums some will tell you to edit the registry but its completely unnecessary, and this way is quicker.

2: Copy the force-enable-gen3.exe to your main C: directory.

3: Open the command prompt as an administrator.

Type : cd C:/
Then type : force-enable-gen3.exe

Your installed GPU(s) should be listed.

Type exit.

Restart you PC.

Next time you check in the Nvidia control panel system info, or GPU-Z , it should say pcie 3.0

In GPU-Z you will only get pcie 3.0 x16 at 3.0 if the GPU's are under load.

Make sure in the bios your GPU's are set to Gen 3 not auto!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus Z9PE-D8 Owner's thread