Originally Posted by lloyd mcclendon
RE: power supply quirks, I'm not really sure either, I've passed the issue along to both ASUS and CORSAIR for their benefit, who knows if the right words will land in front of the right eyes, probably not.
The bios defaults are actually pretty good, the only things I touch (AFAIK) are: disable boot logo, disable marvell controller, enable VT-D, x2APIC, link training timeout, enable power on by PCIE, disable APSM, both QPI links enabled (not sure about effects ...), and force 1600MHz.. It'd be nice if I wrote these down or better yet if we had the OC profile feature other ASUS models have.
Sorry for the Noob questions but its been 6 years since I last built a PC and dual core AMD's were top of the line back then just to give reference to how long it's been haha:
First, Power Supplies:
I've got two power supplies I keep going back and forth between after reading through this forum:
A: Silencer Mk III 1200
Which would you recommend?
Second, Bios Settings:
1. Disable Marvel Controller - I assume you aren't running any types of RAIDS? What the benefit of disabling?
2. Enable VT-D - This is on by default in newest bios right?
3. x2APIC - What is this? Enable, disable?
4. Link Training Timeout - What's this?
5. Enable power on by pcie - Would this be for waking up via network card? What would this benefit?
6. Disable APSM - What's this and why?
7. QPI Links Enabled - What's this?
8. Force 1600 - I plan on 64gb, 8x8. Why would the board default slower?
Your answers will be fantastic (or a cell phone pic would be awesome too), so that way I can boot up and easily run through the settings and be up in running really quick.
Also, I'm getting a Titan and I've heard slot 1 and then slot 3, which one should it go into?
It would be very nice to have a sticky that had optimum bios settings and an unofficial QVL for stuff too
Thanks so very much!