Section updated to add new makers. Also a ton of links have been fixed and updated with more needing to be updated in the morning!
This question is asked all the time, but it is a very subjective one. The reason for that being that everyone has a personal choice. So while I cant say which ones is the best I will say which ones is the most popular, and we will start with that one right off the bat.Lutro0 Customs Teleios Sleeving
- LC Teleios Sleeving is the product of tons of research into every single kind of sleeve that is available. It takes the very best attributes of those sleeves and puts it all into a 4mm and 8mm sata sized sleeve. LC Teleios is a newcomer into the sleeving world, however every single review that it has gotten has the reviewer ranking it above all of the rest.
It was made to be easy to use, uses vibrant colors that match your motherboard components, is woven in such a way to bring the densest and softest feeling sleeve out there, and it can cover almost any color of wire.
Newcomers to the sleeving scene that have used Teleios have produced awesome works of sleeve art without ever having sleeved before as the Teleios sleeve is made to be easily used in both heatshrinkless style and heatshrink style.
The color choices for Teleios are currently 11 vibrant solid colors and 2 unique mixed colors called the Fusion Line.
The sata sizes come in 11 vibrant colors and is made to have a very snug fit on any Sata Data cable. Its size of 8mm makes it a little more difficult to get onto the Sata Data cables, however once its on it covers almost all colors of cables and it grips tight to the cable to give you an unbelievably clean look.
Teleios can be found in the USA at www.MainFrameCustom.com
and the UK at E22.Biz. Please note, however both sleeve shops sell worldwide with cheaper pricing then most shops out there. Both shops also sell basically everything you could ever need for your sleeving job with the best prices out there right now.
LLutro0 Customs Coreless Paracord
- Lutro0 Customs has also designed a perfectly weaved paracord that does not have the inner core. What this means is that LC was able to design and purchase a flawless paracord that has the same standards through all of the colors and is easy to sleeve with. LC also sells a paracord threader that most people say is absolutely needed to use paracord as it allows you to place the paracord on the wire perfectly without any fraying.MDPC
– MDPC Sleeve and products has been considered the quality choice in the sleeving industry and as such they have lived up to that name over and over. The owner Nils stops at nothing to hold his products to the highest standard and will never relent in upholding that standard.
The sleeving itself is the perfect size for single sleeving and has an awesome coverage of the wire, however if you are doing white sleeving you will need to prep your cables which will be covered later on in the FAQ.
The color choices are right on par with what you would want in your system. Also the Heat Shrink color choices are one of a kind and will outdo anything out there at this time.
Please remember that the only flaw with MDPC is that to get great coverage you need to stretch it VERY tight and most sleevers that start out find this to be difficult.
But I will stop blabbing and let you look for yourself, You can check out MDPC on their website located here: http://www.mdpc-x.com/PARACORD
- Paracord sleeve is a very popular sleeving choice for those that are on a budget, however that does come at a price. Sleeving with paracord is just like sleeving with shoelaces and the material is nylon, and feels a bit like rope. Now if it is stretched right it will not feel floppy and work just fine, but you will have to take some extra time with it to make sure you get a good result.
The color choices of paracord are super abundant and you can find any color you want in at least a few shades.
Paracord comes in a few different sizes but the most popular sizes for sleeving will be 450lb paracord and 550lb paracord – the difference between the two is some extra strands in the middle of it (the core) and the 550lb being very slightly bigger. Both will work just fine for sleeving.
For finding paracord you simply need to do a search for “450 Paracord” or “550 Paracord”
Please caution that alot of paracord out there is cheaply made and looks like crud, so make sure to buy from a well known distributor.
It can also be found in an coreless style, but only one shop sells it. Here is the link:
http://mainframecustom.com/product-category/cable-sleeving/lc-coreless-paracord/CEANCUT (techflex cleancut)
– Techflex CleanCut sleeving has become a popular choice for sleeving because of its full coverage and its super cheap price from an E-Bay distributor, FurryLetters.
The main downfall of CleanCut is that it only comes in 2 colors, black and gray. The sleeving itself is a plastic type and is very flexible and works perfect for single sleeving.
Prices vary from seller to seller but like stated earlier most buy it from FurryLetters on E-Bay, The main link to his shop can be found here: http://stores.ebay.com/FURRYLETTERSMod/Smart Kobra HD (Primochill)
– Kobra HD is marketed as a high density plastic sleeving in different sizes, and to those terms it is exactly that. However the size used for single sleeving (1/8th) is just a bit too small and gets caught on the molex pins of a wire, which means you have to use tape or an tool to get it on the wire without it snagging on it. Another thing to be aware is the high cost, some places go up to .60 a foot. Kobra is indeed a decent alternative if you have alot of time and patience on your hands, but be aware that the coverage gets spotty on larger wires and your sleeving experience will be slow due to the material.
You can buy Kobra HD sleeving at both Frozencpu.com and Performance-pcs.comMod/Smart Maxcord Paracord (Primochill)
- Maxcord is a new weaves paracord with all the same properties as all paracord but with an interesting weave and it comes in 3/32in and 1/8in. If you like paracord I would give this one I chance.
You can buy Maxcord sleeving at Frozencpu.comTechflex Flexo PET
- Flexo comes in almost as many colors as paracord but this sleeving is mainly used in industrial environments to bundle large bundles of sleeve and has a terrible coverage so its best not used for sleeving - however its a cheap choice and was one of the first sleeves to be used to sleeve with.
You can buy Flexo sleeving at Frozencpu.comBitspower
- The Bitspower sleeving is still under review, but the initial use with it shows allot of the same flaws as Kobra HD when it comes to size, but the coverage of Bitspower sleeving is super dense which is the highlight of the sleeve. However, its size makes it hard to sleeve with and the over denseness of the sleeve makes the sleeve not stretch very much. This is important in a sleeve as you want it to conform to the wire. However, even with these downfalls its a viable sleeving material just not the first I would grab for.
Bitspower also makes a heatshrink tubing which has a nice thin wall, however the shrink has a low melting point which disappointingly leaves it kinda useless as you always want to melt the sleeve underneath a little and the shrink is very prone to melt and deform before the sleeve will melt before.
You can purchase Bitspower Sleeving at major online shops including Performance-pcs.comSleeve-Modding.com
- SM sells a sleeve that is just like MDPC but in different colors, the diameter is a but smaller but the quality is just the same, so I will not explain that more. The owner is also a great guy and does his best to provide top notch products. I have personally done a video review one his store that you can view here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xr3IUJIkuc
They also sell heatshrink but right now the heatshrink is sub par and they are in the process of getting new stock.Darkside Sleeving
is our Canadian modding shop to the north. The owner is a great person and does his best to strive to innovation and best products he can. his sleeve comes in many different colors and unique styles - he also offered a heatshrink that while its not the best will get most jobs done easily.MainFrame Customs
- LC provides at this moment the best paracord on the market including a never before sold "coreless" kind that makes sleeving easy with paracord. What sets apart this paracord from others and I dont say this just because its my shop is that I have literally tried every reseller of paracord out there and there is always problems like fuzzyness or snags, LC paracord is perfect and tightly woven and comes in many many colors both in 550 and coreless. Save yourself the frustration from buying bargain Paracord that looks like its been drug through a parking lot and get the good stuff right away. http://mainframecustom.com/
also carries everything you need for your sleeving job at great prices!PC Modz Depot
- PCMZD is a great sleeve, everything about it is nice minus the coloring - the colors are an see through on some of them and just dont match some systems. Dont take my word for it give them a try the owner is an awesome fellow is ready to help out anyone he can. They also carry heatshrink but I have not at this time had a chance to try it.ShakMods
- ShakMods sleeving is just like PCMZD in some different colors, the weave is the same and the same issues are with it. However Shak provides different heatshrink that is medium level heat shrink and will work for for your project. Also Shakmods has come out with a line of matte sleeving that is unique in the fact that the colors are slightly faded to give a eggshell finish. Many people are undecided on if they like the look or not as most people choose to have vibrant colors instead.
Some quick mentions for sleeve that I have not fully tested are as follows:Big City Sleeving
- BCS is Otis Fats I have not gotten my hands on any so I have not done a review yet but its worth looking into.FTW Sleeve Rignoobies Brand
- This sleeve is made by the popular Rig Noobies and is an up and coming company. Give them a chance you might be surprised.Gosu Modz
- This is a new company overseas and they have come out with a sleeve series called their PHALANX SLEEVES. I have not had the chance to use their sleeve yet but I have some on the way to do a review on it. It comes in many colors and looks to be promising!ModDiy
- ModDiy has been around for a while and are a great shop for just about anything sleeving and more. They carry a line called Deluxe High Density Weave and it comes in vaired sizes from 2mm to 16mm. They also carry the super hard to find connectors that honestly cannot be found anywhere else - however they know it and charge allot for them all the way up to over 2 dollars and the shipping is high at times. But they are a great shop for all your needs.CableMod
- CableMod is a supplier of OEM Cable sets for allot of different power supplies - at this point they dont sell sleeving by itself but they use a paracord like fabric that seems to work well. I have heard mixed results from the people who buy them but I have not had the chance to review one but I have one on its way so I will update this. Right now they are indeed the cheapest place to buy OEM sets in multiple colors for your psus so it wont be too bad to give them a try.ModGuru
- ModGuru currently sells Shakmods sleeving so this stores sleeve is the quality as Shakmods.Other Sleevings
– There is a few other types of sleeving out there at this moment, but I have not added the due to their popularity not being very high and the price or quality being too high or too low. I will be adding the other types as I find some time.