Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › How big of a radiator would I need to cool my 2500K and Gtx 680?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How big of a radiator would I need to cool my 2500K and Gtx 680? - Page 3

post #21 of 49
A 2 x 120mm radiator will be plenty. Neither the 2500k or the GTX680 throws a lot of heat, even when overclocked.
Big Lian Li
(13 items)
 
Forever Alone
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6400 @ 4.7GHz Asus Z170-A Asus GTX980 Strix 4x16GB G.Skill DDR4 @ 2800MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveMonitorMonitor
256GB Samsung 950 Pro 480GB Mushkin Striker Asus ROG Swift PG278Q  QNIX QX2710  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 87U Silverstone ST1000-G Lian Li PC-A77F Mionix Naos 3200 
Other
Intel 10GbE EXPX9502AFXSR  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Opteron 6128 Supermicro H8SGL-F Kingston Registered ECC Sandisk SSD 
Hard DriveHard DrivePowerCase
OCZ Revodrive 3 FusionIO ioXtreme Silverstone Strider 550W FT02BW 
  hide details  
Reply
Big Lian Li
(13 items)
 
Forever Alone
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6400 @ 4.7GHz Asus Z170-A Asus GTX980 Strix 4x16GB G.Skill DDR4 @ 2800MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveMonitorMonitor
256GB Samsung 950 Pro 480GB Mushkin Striker Asus ROG Swift PG278Q  QNIX QX2710  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 87U Silverstone ST1000-G Lian Li PC-A77F Mionix Naos 3200 
Other
Intel 10GbE EXPX9502AFXSR  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Opteron 6128 Supermicro H8SGL-F Kingston Registered ECC Sandisk SSD 
Hard DriveHard DrivePowerCase
OCZ Revodrive 3 FusionIO ioXtreme Silverstone Strider 550W FT02BW 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 49
so everyone is burning the RX !! I love those things , but if space is going to be an issue , might not be your best chance , the rs or ex would work ... at the very least stick with EK and XSPC as much as possible ( for most things , lots of other companies make lots of good products ) but these are safe
    
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7 960 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Socket 1366 Intel X58  Corsair Vengeance 12 GB triple channel 1600 MHZ  Wester Digital Caviar Green  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH24NS90 Black  Corsair H100 CPU water cooler  Windows 7 Home Premium LG 23 " LED 3 ms  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless  OCZ-ZT750W fully Modular 80-PLus Bronze  NZXT Guardian 921 Blue LED  Microsoft Wireless  
Audio
Bose Companion 3 Series  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7 960 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Socket 1366 Intel X58  Corsair Vengeance 12 GB triple channel 1600 MHZ  Wester Digital Caviar Green  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH24NS90 Black  Corsair H100 CPU water cooler  Windows 7 Home Premium LG 23 " LED 3 ms  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless  OCZ-ZT750W fully Modular 80-PLus Bronze  NZXT Guardian 921 Blue LED  Microsoft Wireless  
Audio
Bose Companion 3 Series  
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 49
EX + GT = FTW

lol thumb.gif
 
Play Server
(7 items)
 
NAS
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3930k @4.8-5.2 Asus Rampage IV Black Edition 3x R9-290 Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @1866C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Intel 750 400GB 2x Samsung 840 EVO 500GB (1TB) SanDisk Ultra II 960GB EK Rampage IV BE Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2x Swiftech D5 w/ EK Dual Pump Top XSPC EX480, EX360 & 2x Phobya 1080 EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block EK Advanced 250mL Res 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Copper Tubing w/ push fittings 3x EK-FC R9-290X Lamptron FC-5V2 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung U28D590D 4K Leopold Otaku Corsair AX1200i Silverstone TJ07, heavily modified 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair M65 Corsair MM600 Sennheiser HD595 / HD428 / HD280 Corsair SP2500 
CPUCPUMotherboardRAM
Intel Xeon E5620 Intel Xeon E5620 Dell R710 Mobo Samsung 48GB DDR3 ECC M393B5273DH0-YH9 
Hard DriveCaseOther
Intel X25-M G2 80GB Dell 710 2.5" - Google Search Appliance Dell Perc H700 Raid Controller 
CPUCPUMotherboardRAM
Intel Xeon E5-2670 v1 Intel Xeon E5-2670 v1 SuperMicro X9DRL-iF 64GB Kingston ECC (kvr16r11d4/16HA) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
6x 4TB HGST 5K4000 Scythe AP-29 FreeNAS Corsair AX750 
CaseOther
Norco RPC-4224 3x LSI 9211-8i (HBA) 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Play Server
(7 items)
 
NAS
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3930k @4.8-5.2 Asus Rampage IV Black Edition 3x R9-290 Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @1866C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Intel 750 400GB 2x Samsung 840 EVO 500GB (1TB) SanDisk Ultra II 960GB EK Rampage IV BE Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2x Swiftech D5 w/ EK Dual Pump Top XSPC EX480, EX360 & 2x Phobya 1080 EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block EK Advanced 250mL Res 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Copper Tubing w/ push fittings 3x EK-FC R9-290X Lamptron FC-5V2 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung U28D590D 4K Leopold Otaku Corsair AX1200i Silverstone TJ07, heavily modified 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair M65 Corsair MM600 Sennheiser HD595 / HD428 / HD280 Corsair SP2500 
CPUCPUMotherboardRAM
Intel Xeon E5620 Intel Xeon E5620 Dell R710 Mobo Samsung 48GB DDR3 ECC M393B5273DH0-YH9 
Hard DriveCaseOther
Intel X25-M G2 80GB Dell 710 2.5" - Google Search Appliance Dell Perc H700 Raid Controller 
CPUCPUMotherboardRAM
Intel Xeon E5-2670 v1 Intel Xeon E5-2670 v1 SuperMicro X9DRL-iF 64GB Kingston ECC (kvr16r11d4/16HA) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
6x 4TB HGST 5K4000 Scythe AP-29 FreeNAS Corsair AX750 
CaseOther
Norco RPC-4224 3x LSI 9211-8i (HBA) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 49
Thread Starter 
So to kinda conclude this I've decided on the Silverstone PSO7 and the Ex 240 RAD with GT Ap-15's. Lastly Pump and Res?
post #25 of 49
Pump you have to go D5 or any variation of the D5 ( many brands sell it under their own name ) its just about the most used and the most customizable one out there , you can pair them up , the EK blocks for them , they have bay reservoirs that accept them, heck you can even buy UV reactive O-rings for it and they make a variable speed version for an extra 10 $. The res it depends on whether you use it as a focal point or not , if you want really fancy and have the space get a frozenQ in you color theme , if you have the 5.25 bay space you can get pump res combos that take up 2 bays , otherwise there are simpler (and cheaper ) multioption tube reservoirs..
http://www.dazmode.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=157_71&products_id=1733
http://www.dazmode.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=157_167&products_id=1838
http://www.dazmode.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=157_167&products_id=1285
http://www.dazmode.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=122_123&products_id=1396
http://www.dazmode.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=122_124&products_id=934
http://www.dazmode.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=122_124&products_id=1840

I know lots of links but while you are on that website the guy has tutorials including how to select your components , it shows advantages and weaknesses
    
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7 960 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Socket 1366 Intel X58  Corsair Vengeance 12 GB triple channel 1600 MHZ  Wester Digital Caviar Green  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH24NS90 Black  Corsair H100 CPU water cooler  Windows 7 Home Premium LG 23 " LED 3 ms  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless  OCZ-ZT750W fully Modular 80-PLus Bronze  NZXT Guardian 921 Blue LED  Microsoft Wireless  
Audio
Bose Companion 3 Series  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7 960 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Socket 1366 Intel X58  Corsair Vengeance 12 GB triple channel 1600 MHZ  Wester Digital Caviar Green  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH24NS90 Black  Corsair H100 CPU water cooler  Windows 7 Home Premium LG 23 " LED 3 ms  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless  OCZ-ZT750W fully Modular 80-PLus Bronze  NZXT Guardian 921 Blue LED  Microsoft Wireless  
Audio
Bose Companion 3 Series  
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonfredette View Post

Pump you have to go D5 or any variation of the D5 ( many brands sell it under their own name ) its just about the most used and the most customizable one out there , you can pair them up , the EK blocks for them , they have bay reservoirs that accept them, heck you can even buy UV reactive O-rings for it and they make a variable speed version for an extra 10 $. The res it depends on whether you use it as a focal point or not , if you want really fancy and have the space get a frozenQ in you color theme , if you have the 5.25 bay space you can get pump res combos that take up 2 bays , otherwise there are simpler (and cheaper ) multioption tube reservoirs..
http://www.dazmode.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=157_71&products_id=1733
http://www.dazmode.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=157_167&products_id=1838
http://www.dazmode.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=157_167&products_id=1285
http://www.dazmode.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=122_123&products_id=1396
http://www.dazmode.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=122_124&products_id=934
http://www.dazmode.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=122_124&products_id=1840
I know lots of links but while you are on that website the guy has tutorials including how to select your components , it shows advantages and weaknesses

I like the Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150 - 60mm Tube Reservoir and I have seen and truly considered the Frozen Q Fusion Reservoir but it is a bit pricy for a res, but not to say I have not considered such a res. As for the pump I've seen great things about the D5. What about a bay res and pump combo?
post #27 of 49
yeah xspc make a couple different models
http://www.dazmode.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=122_168&products_id=2270
http://www.dazmode.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=122_168&products_id=755
that second one is the one I use actually , I got it with a kit , you should look into those actually on dazmode you can fully customize a kit and come out with the rad you want , tubing , fittings , bayres/pump combo , and xspc raystorm cpu block for about 300$. with the combo you choose the res, rad, color of tubing and fittings etc.. great deal to start off
    
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7 960 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Socket 1366 Intel X58  Corsair Vengeance 12 GB triple channel 1600 MHZ  Wester Digital Caviar Green  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH24NS90 Black  Corsair H100 CPU water cooler  Windows 7 Home Premium LG 23 " LED 3 ms  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless  OCZ-ZT750W fully Modular 80-PLus Bronze  NZXT Guardian 921 Blue LED  Microsoft Wireless  
Audio
Bose Companion 3 Series  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7 960 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Socket 1366 Intel X58  Corsair Vengeance 12 GB triple channel 1600 MHZ  Wester Digital Caviar Green  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH24NS90 Black  Corsair H100 CPU water cooler  Windows 7 Home Premium LG 23 " LED 3 ms  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless  OCZ-ZT750W fully Modular 80-PLus Bronze  NZXT Guardian 921 Blue LED  Microsoft Wireless  
Audio
Bose Companion 3 Series  
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonfredette View Post

yeah xspc make a couple different models
http://www.dazmode.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=122_168&products_id=2270
http://www.dazmode.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=122_168&products_id=755
that second one is the one I use actually , I got it with a kit , you should look into those actually on dazmode you can fully customize a kit and come out with the rad you want , tubing , fittings , bayres/pump combo , and xspc raystorm cpu block for about 300$. with the combo you choose the res, rad, color of tubing and fittings etc.. great deal to start off

Those don't have the pump with the Res?
post #29 of 49
it doesnt come with it but the D5 fits in it
    
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7 960 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Socket 1366 Intel X58  Corsair Vengeance 12 GB triple channel 1600 MHZ  Wester Digital Caviar Green  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH24NS90 Black  Corsair H100 CPU water cooler  Windows 7 Home Premium LG 23 " LED 3 ms  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless  OCZ-ZT750W fully Modular 80-PLus Bronze  NZXT Guardian 921 Blue LED  Microsoft Wireless  
Audio
Bose Companion 3 Series  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7 960 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Socket 1366 Intel X58  Corsair Vengeance 12 GB triple channel 1600 MHZ  Wester Digital Caviar Green  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH24NS90 Black  Corsair H100 CPU water cooler  Windows 7 Home Premium LG 23 " LED 3 ms  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless  OCZ-ZT750W fully Modular 80-PLus Bronze  NZXT Guardian 921 Blue LED  Microsoft Wireless  
Audio
Bose Companion 3 Series  
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonfredette View Post

it doesnt come with it but the D5 fits in it

Ok I see. I really like this Koolance Bay Res/Pump but damn over 300 bucks right there. How much would one of the XSPC bay res and add the pump cost?

Edit: OOh Never mind Tada.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › How big of a radiator would I need to cool my 2500K and Gtx 680?