Here is the big piece of recycled Rimu that will be used for the BOTTOM of the lid, as well as the FRONT too. Lots of room to work with
Checking to make sure that everything is the right sizing. Turned out I decided to take (Purposely done) 200mm of the length, so now the main compartment with all the PC goodness will have less 'dead' space in it, Which I guess is a good thing!
The next thing was to router the FRONT, and the two SIDES, leaving the back normal. Though the corner isn't perfect at the moment, it will be sanded in due course to make it look better
The 4 sides will sit on the INSIDE of the round.
after happy with the lid bottom, it is time to give the top and bottom of the sheet a nice sand with the belt sander to smoothen everything out. The worst thing though was... Just as I was about to finish it all up... I smelt something "odd" thinking nothing of it, CRACKLE AHFUHFA SCBASCB ADSA the bloody thing died on me
ahh well, have to buy another one tomorrow, as I really need a belt sander to finish everything else!
But here is what it looks like with the vanish off/on
Got the two rails sorted, unfortunately there was not another piece long enough for the back. However, if I have the join behind the middle compartment rail, it will be unseen!
So got all the rails cut to the right length, everything is lined up perfectly!
Also, I also got in touch with Performance PCS ( http://www.performance-pcs.com
) and they are willing to sponsor me! Which is fantastic, and I would like to thank them very much! I have always used them for parts that were not available here in NZ. So if you wish to get parts overseas, I would highly recommend them http://www.performance-pcs.comEdited by pbaines - 11/22/12 at 12:02am