Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › ~~The GTX 670 Overclocking Master-Guide~~
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

~~The GTX 670 Overclocking Master-Guide~~ - Page 129

post #1281 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader54 View Post

Thanks for your reply. The slider will go to 114% but during gaming or Heaven it stays in the range of about 97-102%. Occasionally it will go higher but never to the limit. It throttles even when the power % is in the upper 90's. The only way it doesn't throttle is if the power percent is in the lower to mid 90's, but I have to downclock it to lower speeds than it came with for that to happen. I don't notice any performance drops in Heaven until I set the slider to the minimum power level, which is 80%, but it is only a mild drop (0.7 FPS).
Do you think the bios would fix this? Also, does changing the bios void the warranty?

The BIOS will fix it, many people have suffered this (including me)
Flashing a BIOS will void your warrenty - if they see it. Just flash the stock BIOS, if you need to RMA it. (the stock BIOS can be saved from GPU-Z, using the icon to the right of the BIOS version field)
post #1282 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam51037 View Post

So what exactly did you say to RMA it?
No offence but that kind of is a jerk move IMO. Do the best with what you have is what I say, you might think differently though, lol.

Their are some advantages of living in the UK, we have what is called 'The Distance Sellers Regulation' it gives anyone the right to return any product bought (without physically seeing it) for any reason what so ever inside 7 working days.

The original cards I purchased were the standard edition EVGA ones, I did actually mean to buy either the FTW or the Sig2 Cards, Dunno if I would have RMAd them if I got good Overclocks on the originals cards, but given the fact I purchased the wrong ones AND they didnt OC well. I wanted to RMA them,

And frankly if im spending the best part of £650 on GPUs then I want / expect the BEST performace I can get for that money. I think anyone who settles for less needs to evalute that thesis.

Though it might be the case that these new ones have to be returned anyway; as im getting constant 'Monitor Out of Range' signals when I change between SLI / Surround / Activate all Displays.
Edited by Cygone - 12/31/12 at 7:41am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-920 D0 Stepping Asus P6T6 WS Revolution 2xGTX670 EVGA Signature 2 6GB Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Intel 300GB SSD Corsair SP120's x8 Corsair H100i Windows 7 64bit Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3xDell E228WFP Enermax Aurura Brushed Aluminium Corsair AX860i Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 Steelseries Glass Sennheiser HD595 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-920 D0 Stepping Asus P6T6 WS Revolution 2xGTX670 EVGA Signature 2 6GB Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Intel 300GB SSD Corsair SP120's x8 Corsair H100i Windows 7 64bit Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3xDell E228WFP Enermax Aurura Brushed Aluminium Corsair AX860i Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 Steelseries Glass Sennheiser HD595 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1283 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygone View Post

Their are some advantages of living in the UK, we have what is called 'The Distance Sellers Regulation' it gives anyone the right to return any product bought (without physically seeing it) for any reason what so ever inside 7 working days.
And frankly if im spending the best part of £650 on GPUs then I want / expect the BEST performace I can get for that money. I think anyone who settles for less needs to evalute that thesis.
Though it might be the case that these new ones have to be returned anyway; as im getting constant 'Monitor Out of Range' signals when I change between SLI / Surround / Activate all Displays.

In Denmark it's 14 days, still doesen't change the fact that i got the product i ordered, however much it overclocks.
Edited by iRandomize - 12/31/12 at 8:45am
post #1284 of 3357
Thats a good bios, too bad it doesn't work in SLI....But I was able to get 1340+ Mhz without any issue ....Voltage showed 1.285...Clock speeds were stable as well....Sure wished it was SLI friendly bios.
post #1285 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRandomize View Post

What is the max power% readout in Afterburner? Some (many) 670 PE's has issues with the power limit, this can be fixed using a modfied BIOS (attached below)
GTX670GC.zip 56k .zip file
(this is a mixture of a Gigabyte and the PE bios, you need to make a custom Fan profile, everything else works just fine)

Repped!

Thanks for that Bios! The card now runs stable at 1354mhz max boost and +450 memory. It was stable in Heaven at 1372mhz but crashed in Far Cry 3. My Heaven score is 1320 with an average FPS of 52.4 @ 1080P. The only thing that is strange with the new bios is that gpu-z says my base clock is 1354mhz and boost is 1229mhz. The temp also runs alot hotter but I think that is because it bumped up the voltage. According to GPU-Z, the voltage is 1.212 under load instead of the usual 1.175. I can keep it around 70C with an aggressive fan profile, although it does not throttle at 70C. I might turn down the fans a bit because the sound is annoying (they are over 70% @ 70C) and let the temps go a little higher, but I don't know how high I should let it go.

If it wasn't for that Bios you gave me, I was going to RMA this card and get a 680 because it was junk with the original bios and I didn't want to risk getting another 670 that had similar problems or didn't OC well. I've noticed that there is an older bios for the MSI 670 PE. I wonder if that also would fix the problems that the new stock bios has. Iannotti was saying that this modded bios won't work with SLI. If that is true and I want to upgrade to SLI sometime, I will need a different bios because my stock bios is no good.
Edited by trader54 - 12/31/12 at 7:36pm
post #1286 of 3357
Does running 1293/7200 (mem offset + 600) are safe for 24/7 for PE card? note : I only run that offset when I gaming. smile.gif
My Little Beast
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7700K KabyLake CPU @5.0 GHz MSI Z270 Gaming M7 Motherboard MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X PLUS 8G Graphics Card Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000 MHz 16 GB DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Plextor SSD 512 GB as OS Drive Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB Hitachi Hardisk 1 TB HDD ASUS DVD RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 PRO x64 Dell 22 Inch DSR @ 2560 x 1440 (from original 1... Logitech G105 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX760 80+ Platinum PSU Corsair Vengeance C70 Chassis Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
My Little Beast
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7700K KabyLake CPU @5.0 GHz MSI Z270 Gaming M7 Motherboard MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X PLUS 8G Graphics Card Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000 MHz 16 GB DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Plextor SSD 512 GB as OS Drive Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB Hitachi Hardisk 1 TB HDD ASUS DVD RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 PRO x64 Dell 22 Inch DSR @ 2560 x 1440 (from original 1... Logitech G105 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX760 80+ Platinum PSU Corsair Vengeance C70 Chassis Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1287 of 3357
the cards downclock when they go into 2d mode. you can leave the offsets set, 24/7
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1288 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader54 View Post

Repped!
Thanks for that Bios! The card now runs stable at 1354mhz max boost and +450 memory. It was stable in Heaven at 1372mhz but crashed in Far Cry 3. My Heaven score is 1320 with an average FPS of 52.4 @ 1080P. The only thing that is strange with the new bios is that gpu-z says my base clock is 1354mhz and boost is 1229mhz. The temp also runs alot hotter but I think that is because it bumped up the voltage. According to GPU-Z, the voltage is 1.212 under load instead of the usual 1.175. I can keep it around 70C with an aggressive fan profile, although it does not throttle at 70C. I might turn down the fans a bit because the sound is annoying (they are over 70% @ 70C) and let the temps go a little higher, but I don't know how high I should let it go.
If it wasn't for that Bios you gave me, I was going to RMA this card and get a 680 because it was junk with the original bios and I didn't want to risk getting another 670 that had similar problems or didn't OC well. I've noticed that there is an older bios for the MSI 670 PE. I wonder if that also would fix the problems that the new stock bios has. Iannotti was saying that this modded bios won't work with SLI. If that is true and I want to upgrade to SLI sometime, I will need a different bios because my stock bios is no good.

If you want me to, i can lower the voltage on the BIOS (this will help on temperatures, but also give less of a overclock), and please do report back with your findings on other BIOSes, as i might be in the market for SLI as well. (if it does not work, i might upgrade to a 700 series card instead, when those gets released, but for now, the single 670 is an amazing card)
post #1289 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRandomize View Post

If you want me to, i can lower the voltage on the BIOS (this will help on temperatures, but also give less of a overclock), and please do report back with your findings on other BIOSes, as i might be in the market for SLI as well. (if it does not work, i might upgrade to a 700 series card instead, when those gets released, but for now, the single 670 is an amazing card)

Have you tested to see was the voltage is? It says 1.212 in Afterburner and GPU-Z but I read that software programs don't give accurate voltage readings.

It looks like the card is throttling around 70C (71 or 72 according to AB). The temps got up to 72 in Far Cry 3 and the GPU downclocked from 1356 all the way down to 1296 and stayed there, even when the temps dropped. I thought it was only supposed to go down by 13mhz when it hits 70C and then back to the normal speed when it cools down. I increased the fan speeds to keep it below 70 and didn't get anymore throttling. So far, I've played BF3, Crysis, Crysis 2 benchmark @ max settings, and Far Cry 3, and Far Cry 3 is the only one that makes the temps go above 70.
post #1290 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader54 View Post

Have you tested to see was the voltage is? It says 1.212 in Afterburner and GPU-Z but I read that software programs don't give accurate voltage readings.
It looks like the card is throttling around 70C (71 or 72 according to AB). The temps got up to 72 in Far Cry 3 and the GPU downclocked from 1356 all the way down to 1296 and stayed there, even when the temps dropped. I thought it was only supposed to go down by 13mhz when it hits 70C and then back to the normal speed when it cools down. I increased the fan speeds to keep it below 70 and didn't get anymore throttling. So far, I've played BF3, Crysis, Crysis 2 benchmark @ max settings, and Far Cry 3, and Far Cry 3 is the only one that makes the temps go above 70.

When i max out my voltage slider in AB, i get a reading of 1.301-1.306. This card sure gets very hot on those voltages, if i had any thermal paste, i would have mounted my H100 on my GPU tongue.gif. I really would love to do The Mod, but i really CBA spending another 100$ just to cool a card, that really does cover all my needs on air tongue.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › ~~The GTX 670 Overclocking Master-Guide~~