Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › ~~The GTX 670 Overclocking Master-Guide~~
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

~~The GTX 670 Overclocking Master-Guide~~ - Page 172

post #1711 of 3357
i think somethings wrong subvibe. i could be wrong but i get that on a single 670. i thought sli 660TI would be significantly faster.
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1712 of 3357
For a Gigabyte GTX 670 WF3 card, is it really beneficial to max out the voltage slider in either Precision or Afterburner? What does it do anyway if I already unlock the card with KGB?
post #1713 of 3357
So this is my first time really trying to OC my GPU, so give me a chance wink.gif

Card: Gigabyte GV-N670OC-2GD (2 GB)
GPU clock: +118
Mem: +50
Power target: 112%
Voltage: 1150 (max)

This is what I can get when going for a stable OC. Does that seem right?
Also, should I keep power target and voltage on max as said in the guide?
post #1714 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

For a Gigabyte GTX 670 WF3 card, is it really beneficial to max out the voltage slider in either Precision or Afterburner? What does it do anyway if I already unlock the card with KGB?

Even if it isn't beneficial, it certainly doesn't hurt. On a normal card maxing the slider will keep the card from power throttling under heavy load, and so it is beneficial. I don't know what affect it has on a BIO-modded card, but it should be pretty easy to check. Just run Heaven 4.0 in a window (luckily that's now the default) while watching Afterburner and see what the clock speed does at stock power limit and maxed power limit. I know on my card it'll throttle if the power limit is at 100% (Heaven reaches about 120% on mine).
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF85 View Post

So this is my first time really trying to OC my GPU, so give me a chance wink.gif

Card: Gigabyte GV-N670OC-2GD (2 GB)
GPU clock: +118
Mem: +50
Power target: 112%
Voltage: 1150 (max)

This is what I can get when going for a stable OC. Does that seem right?
Also, should I keep power target and voltage on max as said in the guide?

Can you post the actual clock speed? Just posting the core offset doesn't tell us much, since each card has a different clock speed that is applied to. You should be able to get the memory offset higher - almost all cards can do +200. Keep the power target on max, but on your card the voltage change isn't going to do much for you.
Edited by Forceman - 2/15/13 at 12:53pm
post #1715 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

Even if it isn't beneficial, it certainly doesn't hurt. On a normal card maxing the slider will keep the card from power throttling under heavy load, and so it is beneficial. I don't know what affect it has on a BIO-modded card, but it should be pretty easy to check. Just run Heaven 4.0 in a window (luckily that's now the default) while watching Afterburner and see what the clock speed does at stock power limit and maxed power limit. I know on my card it'll throttle if the power limit is at 100% (Heaven reaches about 120% on mine).
Can you post the actual clock speed? Just posting the core offset doesn't tell us much, since each card has a different clock speed that is applied to. You should be able to get the memory offset higher - almost all cards can do +200. Keep the power target on max, but on your card the voltage change isn't going to do much for you.

I'm trying to understand what you mean. When you say actual clock speed, I assume you mean before OC?

This is what GPU-z tells me:
post #1716 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF85 View Post

I'm trying to understand what you mean. When you say actual clock speed, I assume you mean before OC?

This is what GPU-z tells me:
No he means after. Open GPU-Z with your OC active and see what the core clock is, or see what your max core clock is in afterburner or precision X
My baby
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770K Asus P8Z77 V-Pro GTX 670 Windforce OC GTX 670 Windforce OC 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Vengeance WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Samsung Syncmaster 22 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair TX850M Antec 902 Razer Naga 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Logitech 2.1 speakers 30w RMS Razer Carcharias 
  hide details  
Reply
My baby
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770K Asus P8Z77 V-Pro GTX 670 Windforce OC GTX 670 Windforce OC 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Vengeance WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Samsung Syncmaster 22 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair TX850M Antec 902 Razer Naga 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Logitech 2.1 speakers 30w RMS Razer Carcharias 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1717 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draknareth View Post

No he means after. Open GPU-Z with your OC active and see what the core clock is, or see what your max core clock is in afterburner or precision X

I'm really trying to get what you guys means, but its hard when English isnt your native language biggrin.gif
So I took a SS!

post #1718 of 3357
Thanks for the heads-up. thumb.gif

I'm not sure where the prob might be, but here's my Afterburner settings...

post #1719 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF85 View Post

I'm really trying to get what you guys means, but its hard when English isnt your native language biggrin.gif
So I took a SS!


Put a load on the card (like windowed Heaven) and then tell us what Precision says where it now says 324 MHz. That'll be your actual clock speed (I'm guessing around 1230 or so).
Edited by Forceman - 2/15/13 at 3:39pm
post #1720 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvibes View Post

Thanks for the heads-up. thumb.gif

I'm not sure where the prob might be, but here's my Afterburner settings...


set up a fan profile. your top card is getting hot. if you keep them as cool as you can, they WILL run better.
have you tried different power targets and voltage offsets ? try turning the voltage all the way up and see if you get a higher score. its possible its throttling by running out of juice. dunno for sure. all i can say for sure is you should be pulling a lot more points.
did you set all nvidia control panel options to performance or high performance ? i know i can get a lot better idea what your score is compared to mine...
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › ~~The GTX 670 Overclocking Master-Guide~~