Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › ~~The GTX 670 Overclocking Master-Guide~~
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

~~The GTX 670 Overclocking Master-Guide~~ - Page 249

post #2481 of 3357
Hi, I'm new to this kinda stuff. I just overclocked my gtx 670 using the quick method and reached a +150Mhz GPU clock and a +487Mhz Memory clock. I got a heaven 4.0 score of 880 (753 without overcock). Is this considered good? Plus when I ran the test a few more times later, I got lower scores at around 850 to 870. I also, don't feel a big difference when I play other games. Could it be because of instability? Also, is it safe to keep the voltage at maximum? Thanks.
post #2482 of 3357
yeah its safe..
The Beast
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL i5 3570K (4.4GHz) GIGABYTE Z77-D3H MSI GAMING X GTX1060 6GB (2152/9400MHz) CRUCIAL BALLISTIX TACTICAL LP 2x8GB (2400MHz | ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SAMSUNG 840 PRO SSD 256GB SAMSUNG HD103SJ 1TB LG DVD-RW 22X COOLERMASTER HYPER 212X 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
3x AKASA APACHE 120MM WINDOWS 10 PRO 64-bit SAMSUNG 23" 2333T C-PVA DVI FULL HD + Extra 19"... A4 TECH X7 G800 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ FATAL1TY 550W AEROCOOL VS-3 ADVANCE NPET V30 IR OPTICAL MOUSE NOVA WINNER II 
AudioOtherOther
ASUS XONAR U7 CREATIVE GIGAWORKS G500 AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-A500X Audiophile Monitor 
  hide details  
Reply
The Beast
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL i5 3570K (4.4GHz) GIGABYTE Z77-D3H MSI GAMING X GTX1060 6GB (2152/9400MHz) CRUCIAL BALLISTIX TACTICAL LP 2x8GB (2400MHz | ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SAMSUNG 840 PRO SSD 256GB SAMSUNG HD103SJ 1TB LG DVD-RW 22X COOLERMASTER HYPER 212X 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
3x AKASA APACHE 120MM WINDOWS 10 PRO 64-bit SAMSUNG 23" 2333T C-PVA DVI FULL HD + Extra 19"... A4 TECH X7 G800 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ FATAL1TY 550W AEROCOOL VS-3 ADVANCE NPET V30 IR OPTICAL MOUSE NOVA WINNER II 
AudioOtherOther
ASUS XONAR U7 CREATIVE GIGAWORKS G500 AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-A500X Audiophile Monitor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2483 of 3357
As Xreme said, it's safe. It won't be running that voltage all the time, but only when you are playing an intense game.

And if your scores are lower than means either your core clock or memory clock are unstable. Try lowering by 5MHz on each of them until you see the scores go back. Also possible you are hitting the TDP limit.
post #2484 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by bent211 View Post

Hi, I'm new to this kinda stuff. I just overclocked my gtx 670 using the quick method and reached a +150Mhz GPU clock and a +487Mhz Memory clock. I got a heaven 4.0 score of 880 (753 without overcock). Is this considered good? Plus when I ran the test a few more times later, I got lower scores at around 850 to 870. I also, don't feel a big difference when I play other games. Could it be because of instability? Also, is it safe to keep the voltage at maximum? Thanks.

Absolutely safe but how are your temps?
post #2485 of 3357
Thanks for the replies. My temperatures are fine and don't go above 70 degrees. I've reduced the overclock to +132 on the GPU clock and +400 on the memory clock. I'm thinking it's because it's hitting the TDP limit. Even at these lower clockspeeds there are many occasions during the heaven 3.0 benchmark where I hit 122 to 124%. There are times where it gets to 125, 126% or even 127%. I got a score of 1049 on heaven 3.0 with +132 on the gpu and +500 on memory. Is this a good or bad result?
post #2486 of 3357
My GPU clock seems pretty unstable as well as there seems to be a little bit of oscillation in the graph. GPU voltage is at 1.175V for the most of the time during the heaven benchmark
post #2487 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by bent211 View Post

Thanks for the replies. My temperatures are fine and don't go above 70 degrees. I've reduced the overclock to +132 on the GPU clock and +400 on the memory clock. I'm thinking it's because it's hitting the TDP limit. Even at these lower clockspeeds there are many occasions during the heaven 3.0 benchmark where I hit 122 to 124%. There are times where it gets to 125, 126% or even 127%. I got a score of 1049 on heaven 3.0 with +132 on the gpu and +500 on memory. Is this a good or bad result?

that seems kind of low. I would follow the long method to a t +132 on the clock is quite a bit. and should net for a better score.
post #2488 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by bent211 View Post

....
I got a score of 1049 on heaven 3.0 with +132 on the gpu and +500 on memory. Is this a good or bad result?

Can you be more specific about the settings you ran the heaven 3 bench with? What resolution are you running at for example? For a comparison here's the score i got a while back and the settings used with an i7-875k @3.89 + GTX 670 @1267/6840.

FPS: 50.6
Scores: 1276
Min FPS: 29.4
Max FPS: 129.1
Render: direct3d11
Mode: 1920x1080 8xAA fullscreen
Shaders: high
Textures: high
Filter: trilinear
Anisotropy: 16x
Occlusion: enabled
Refraction: enabled
Volumetric: enabled
Tessellation: extreme
Falcon2010
(18 items)
 
Kickass-X99
(19 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-875K ASUS P7P55D-E-PRO EVGA GTX 670 FTW Crucial Ballistix Tactical 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Black Crucial M500 SSD  LG Blu-ray Combo Drive Asetek 550LC 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noiseblocker Multiframe M12-P Silverstone Case Fans Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Samsung 2443 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rosewill RK-9000BR Silverstone Strider Plus 750 Silverstone Kublai SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser PX100 headphones AntLion ModMic v4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5820k | core@4.4 1.23v | cache@4.1 1.1v ASUS X99-PRO / USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 980ti FTW Crucial Ballistix Sport 2400 CL12 (4 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial MX200 (1 TB) Crucial M500 (960 GB) Western Digital Green (2 TB) Pioneer BDR-XU03 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech H240-X Win 10 Pro (64 bit) Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rosewill RK-9000BR Silverstone Strider Gold 850 Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX (gray) SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Gamedias NYX Mousepad 350x280 Grado SR80e Lexar Professional Workflow SR2 SDHC/SDXC UHS-I... 
  hide details  
Reply
Falcon2010
(18 items)
 
Kickass-X99
(19 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-875K ASUS P7P55D-E-PRO EVGA GTX 670 FTW Crucial Ballistix Tactical 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Black Crucial M500 SSD  LG Blu-ray Combo Drive Asetek 550LC 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noiseblocker Multiframe M12-P Silverstone Case Fans Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Samsung 2443 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rosewill RK-9000BR Silverstone Strider Plus 750 Silverstone Kublai SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser PX100 headphones AntLion ModMic v4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5820k | core@4.4 1.23v | cache@4.1 1.1v ASUS X99-PRO / USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 980ti FTW Crucial Ballistix Sport 2400 CL12 (4 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial MX200 (1 TB) Crucial M500 (960 GB) Western Digital Green (2 TB) Pioneer BDR-XU03 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech H240-X Win 10 Pro (64 bit) Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rosewill RK-9000BR Silverstone Strider Gold 850 Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX (gray) SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Gamedias NYX Mousepad 350x280 Grado SR80e Lexar Professional Workflow SR2 SDHC/SDXC UHS-I... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2489 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael-ocn View Post

Can you be more specific about the settings you ran the heaven 3 bench with? What resolution are you running at for example? For a comparison here's the score i got a while back and the settings used with an i7-875k @3.89 + GTX 670 @1267/6840.

FPS: 50.6
Scores: 1276
Min FPS: 29.4
Max FPS: 129.1
Render: direct3d11
Mode: 1920x1080 8xAA fullscreen
Shaders: high
Textures: high
Filter: trilinear
Anisotropy: 16x
Occlusion: enabled
Refraction: enabled
Volumetric: enabled
Tessellation: extreme

i7 3770K @3.5 Ghz + Reference EVGA GTX 670 (GPU clock offset = +150, Memory clock offset = +500)

FPS: 41.7
Score: 1049
Min: 22.2
Max: 100.7
Resolution: 1920x1080
Anti-Aliasing: 8xAA
Tesselation: Extreme
Shaders: High
Anisotropy: 16x

This is the highest score I've got so far. It's not a stable overclock though. Could it be the lack of airflow and cooling? I have an antec 1100 case with a 200mm top fan and a rear 120mm fan both running on exhaust and two side panel fans running on intake.

I also tried a +150Mhz core clock offset and a +200Mhz memory clock offset and it got me these results:
FPS: 40.6
Score: 1024
Min: 20.8
Max: 100.3
post #2490 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by bent211 View Post

i7 3770K @3.5 Ghz + Reference EVGA GTX 670 (GPU clock offset = +150, Memory clock offset = +500)

FPS: 41.7
Score: 1049
Min: 22.2
Max: 100.7
Resolution: 1920x1080
Anti-Aliasing: 8xAA
Tesselation: Extreme
Shaders: High
Anisotropy: 16x

This is the highest score I've got so far. It's not a stable overclock though. Could it be the lack of airflow and cooling? I have an antec 1100 case with a 200mm top fan and a rear 120mm fan both running on exhaust and two side panel fans running on intake.

I also tried a +150Mhz core clock offset and a +200Mhz memory clock offset and it got me these results:
FPS: 40.6
Score: 1024
Min: 20.8
Max: 100.3

Somethin seems off. I think you should be getting higher results. I do have the FTW card, but the difference seems larger than that could explain. I just ran Heaven3 with my clock set to stock, no adjustment to power target, and the default fan profile. Was probably throttling due to temps and maybe due to power usage (not sure because i wasn't monitoring those things). In this stock run, i got this score... FPS: 47.1 Scores: 1186 Min FPS: 22.8 Max FPS: 119.7

What does precx montoring tell you about what's going on? What are your temps? You will want to see nice flat horizontal lines for gpu and mem clocks for the duration of the run. If you see dips that coincide with temps exceeding 70 or if power usage exceeding your target, you'll want to do something to amp up the cooling (custom fan curve) and up the power target.
http://cdn.overclock.net/a/a5/a5b36674_Heaven4.png

Also, there's a point where increasing the mem clock can decrease performance. I think this is due memory errors happening, but they're correctable and get corrected, but sap overall system performance. You might be in that zone. I'd start with all default/stock settings to get a baseline. Look at the precx charts and adjust for temps and power. Then start upping clocks and discovering the max core, then max mem independently. Then putting them together. And then set things up under your maxes for your everyday overclock.
Falcon2010
(18 items)
 
Kickass-X99
(19 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-875K ASUS P7P55D-E-PRO EVGA GTX 670 FTW Crucial Ballistix Tactical 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Black Crucial M500 SSD  LG Blu-ray Combo Drive Asetek 550LC 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noiseblocker Multiframe M12-P Silverstone Case Fans Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Samsung 2443 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rosewill RK-9000BR Silverstone Strider Plus 750 Silverstone Kublai SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser PX100 headphones AntLion ModMic v4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5820k | core@4.4 1.23v | cache@4.1 1.1v ASUS X99-PRO / USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 980ti FTW Crucial Ballistix Sport 2400 CL12 (4 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial MX200 (1 TB) Crucial M500 (960 GB) Western Digital Green (2 TB) Pioneer BDR-XU03 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech H240-X Win 10 Pro (64 bit) Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rosewill RK-9000BR Silverstone Strider Gold 850 Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX (gray) SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Gamedias NYX Mousepad 350x280 Grado SR80e Lexar Professional Workflow SR2 SDHC/SDXC UHS-I... 
  hide details  
Reply
Falcon2010
(18 items)
 
Kickass-X99
(19 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-875K ASUS P7P55D-E-PRO EVGA GTX 670 FTW Crucial Ballistix Tactical 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Black Crucial M500 SSD  LG Blu-ray Combo Drive Asetek 550LC 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noiseblocker Multiframe M12-P Silverstone Case Fans Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Samsung 2443 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rosewill RK-9000BR Silverstone Strider Plus 750 Silverstone Kublai SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser PX100 headphones AntLion ModMic v4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5820k | core@4.4 1.23v | cache@4.1 1.1v ASUS X99-PRO / USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 980ti FTW Crucial Ballistix Sport 2400 CL12 (4 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial MX200 (1 TB) Crucial M500 (960 GB) Western Digital Green (2 TB) Pioneer BDR-XU03 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech H240-X Win 10 Pro (64 bit) Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rosewill RK-9000BR Silverstone Strider Gold 850 Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX (gray) SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Gamedias NYX Mousepad 350x280 Grado SR80e Lexar Professional Workflow SR2 SDHC/SDXC UHS-I... 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › ~~The GTX 670 Overclocking Master-Guide~~