Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › ~~The GTX 670 Overclocking Master-Guide~~
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

~~The GTX 670 Overclocking Master-Guide~~ - Page 275

post #2741 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms91 View Post

Hi, i've been following this post for a while now and it actually helped me. It has been a while since i've bought my 670 TOP and i decided to test it, see how far my chip would go. After a few hours of testing and benchmarking i think i got to my 670 sweet spot. The max offset, without crashing , i could get was +79 for GPU Clock and +550 for memory clock. I was actually sad, i thought that my TOP could actually get near the 1300mhz GPU clock but it stopped at 1254mhz boost. Any ideas on how could i get better results? I've tested all the tweaks on Uniengine Valley, since Heaven was crashing my drivers. After the benchmark i would play battlefield 3 for like 15-20 minutes to see if the game crashed or if the temperatures would go to critical levels. My max temperature, while playing was 65ºC which i think is good. When it comes to crashing, unfortunately it crashed once on BF3 with a +79 gpu clock offset. Believe it or not, i lowered it to 75, since i think it's the max i could get out off my chip without crashing, for a whole game.
I figured that a TOP graphics card would let me OC more but i was mistaken.
Thank You.

How are you cooling the card?

And you cannot OC past the rated clocks of the card with BF3. That is, after speaking with EA support about my situation, the guy was clear that the game does not support OC for many cards. Which sucks because I use two 670 4GB cards to push three monitors. When these cards are OC'd, they perform amazing on BF3 Ultra settings. But not possible for me on these cards. I have to leave the stock clocks and notch down the FOV and AA... frown.gif

Just use Crysis 3 or whatever other games you have that push the cards hard as well as the Unigine stuff. If it aint stable with Unigine, it-is-what-it-is... cigar.gif
Edited by B3L13V3R - 8/28/13 at 3:00pm
post #2742 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3L13V3R View Post

How are you cooling the card?

And you cannot OC past the rated clocks of the card with BF3. That is, after speaking with EA support about my situation, the guy was clear that the game does not support OC for many cards. Which sucks because I use two 670 4GB cards to push three monitors. When these cards are OC'd, they perform amazing on BF3 Ultra settings. But not possible for me on these cards. I have to leave the stock clocks and notch down the FOV and AA... frown.gif

Just use Crysis 3 or whatever other games you have that push the cards hard as well as the Unigine stuff. If it aint stable with Unigine, it-is-what-it-is... cigar.gif

Then that EA rep was an idiot. You can overclock just fine with BF3, you just need a stable overclock because it is hard on marginally stable ones.
post #2743 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

Then that EA rep was an idiot. You can overclock just fine with BF3, you just need a stable overclock because it is hard on marginally stable ones.

exactly. 1300mhz on my non-top card playing bf3 without sli. NEVER crashes or locks up.
if you cant pass unigine heaven, you are not stable. hell, any crashing or lock ups and youre not stable. lower the clock.
did you do EVERYTHING the guide tells you to do?
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2744 of 3357
Hi, i'm using the fan curve recommended on the first page. The temperatures are fine, i just can't get pass the 1228mhz without boost or i'll crash at uniengine. I was able to OC the memory clock a little bit more, it's at +640 offset now and stable. I'm just sad because i thought that, being a TOP card, it would actually OC a little bit more. +75 offset for the GPU clock is not much, comparing with some of the values on this thread. Maybe it's because of the big factory OC or i just got unlucky with the chip i bought.
EDIT: I just tested on 3dmark11 and on a bunch of games my profile and it's stable. If i try to boost the gpu clock a little it'll crash.
Thank You.
Edited by Ms91 - 8/28/13 at 6:14pm
post #2745 of 3357
its easier to pass 3dmark benches than unigine programs. i have proof of that and now you do also.

asus made top cards before anyone had a clue how kepler boost or even the kepler cores work. that is why most top cards were either rma'd or owners were told to update their bios so the core clock would be lowered.
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2746 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc-illiterate View Post

its easier to pass 3dmark benches than unigine programs. i have proof of that and now you do also.

asus made top cards before anyone had a clue how kepler boost or even the kepler cores work. that is why most top cards were either rma'd or owners were told to update their bios so the core clock would be lowered.

Hi, i was one of those who had to update the BIOS due to the unstable factory OC. I never really had any problems with it, and i remember my graphics card would go as high as 1267 if im not mistaken, but i started to read that it was recommended to update and so i did.
Before i save a profile i always run Uniengine first to see if it crashes or if it gives any error. Then i test it on a game, usually BF3. Only then i run 3dmark11 just to see the difference on the scores. The max i can get out of this TOP is +75 core and +640 memory. Its not bad, since they already have a good factory OC, but a little bit more OC wouldn't hurt.rolleyes.gif
Thank You.
Edited by Ms91 - 8/28/13 at 7:10pm
post #2747 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc-illiterate View Post

exactly. 1300mhz on my non-top card playing bf3 without sli. NEVER crashes or locks up.
if you cant pass unigine heaven, you are not stable. hell, any crashing or lock ups and youre not stable. lower the clock.
did you do EVERYTHING the guide tells you to do?

Guys... seriously. I'm a 15 year build veteran. This issue stems from the software.

I did read everything... I never said in my post that it doesn't work for anyone. The system I have works PERFECTLY at the stated OC on every game I have in my libraries, over 150 individual games from the first Tomb Raider (glad Steam released that) to the most current TR, and Crysis 3 to RTCW.

Trust me, the ONLY clock BF3 is stable at "with my current hardware" (see sig rig) is the stock clocks on these cards. It's been a long and most frustrating process coming to this conclusion.

It's a known issue for thousands of players but no known solution outside of keeping some cards at stock clocks.

Besides, you should know better than to assume that because YOUR system works with some game or software under a given configuration, that everyone's system should be fine with the same config.

This stuff is as unique as our finger prints.

I'm def open to trying NEW steps but man, when one breaks down and calls support FOR A GAME??? That's desperate. SMH
post #2748 of 3357
anyone that says bf3 doesnt work with overclocked cards, your words retold to us, is an idiot. thousands and thousands play with overclocked cards. what do you have in common with the thousands of others who cant run overclocked 670s?
im not trying to be an ass but point me in the direction these others are. im too damned lazy to search for them myself.
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2749 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc-illiterate View Post

anyone that says bf3 doesnt work with overclocked cards, your words retold to us, is an idiot. thousands and thousands play with overclocked cards. what do you have in common with the thousands of others who cant run overclocked 670s?
im not trying to be an ass but point me in the direction these others are. im too damned lazy to search for them myself.
.

You sir have just made your argument irrelevant. Just like all the other youngsters who call those they don't know "idiots" on the Internet and then say some idiotic thing like "I'm not trying to be an ass"... And "I'm too lazy".

Well I wasn't lazy in searching for a solution and therefore know far more than you about this issue regarding BF3 and overclocked nVidia GPU's and based on your silly...

Wait... Why am I still typing?? doh.gif
post #2750 of 3357
If the TOP card has too high a factory overclock and that's why it only runs stock clocks in BF3, then that is essentially the same as saying it has an unstable overclock. But that is specific to that card - there are many, many people running BF3 with overclocked cards, so to say BF3 doesn't work with anything but stock clocked cards is completely incorrect. There is no software reason why BF3 wouldn't work with an overclocked card.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › ~~The GTX 670 Overclocking Master-Guide~~