Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › ~~The GTX 670 Overclocking Master-Guide~~
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

~~The GTX 670 Overclocking Master-Guide~~ - Page 5

post #41 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigal1542 View Post

Just followed your guide with great results.
2 EVGA GTX 670 FTWs in SLI
GPU Max Clock: 1300 MHZ
Memory Max Clock: 1800 MHz
I could get the Clock to 1302 and the Memory to 1817 stable in Haven, but decided round numbers is nicer than a 0.7 fps advantage.
333


those scores really make me feel like getting another card, but i should probably get a better monitor first. =/
post #42 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoYu View Post

those scores really make me feel like getting another card, but i should probably get a better monitor first. =/

I still haven't OCed my CPU or memory tongue.gif

The EVGA FTW is amazing for SLI. I am only seeing a 2-3 degree Celsius temp difference between the cards due to the external exhaust.
Just for Email
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 720 BE @3.2 GHz Gigabyte GA-MA790XT HIS Radeon HD 4850 1GB @ 700/1050 4GB G.Skill 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
640GB 7200RPM WD LG 22X DVD+R Vista Home Premium 64 22" Gateway 
PowerCase
Corsair 650TX Antec 902 
  hide details  
Reply
Just for Email
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 720 BE @3.2 GHz Gigabyte GA-MA790XT HIS Radeon HD 4850 1GB @ 700/1050 4GB G.Skill 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
640GB 7200RPM WD LG 22X DVD+R Vista Home Premium 64 22" Gateway 
PowerCase
Corsair 650TX Antec 902 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 3357
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigal1542 View Post

Just followed your guide with great results.
2 EVGA GTX 670 FTWs in SLI
GPU Max Clock: 1300 MHZ
Memory Max Clock: 1800 MHz
I could get the Clock to 1302 and the Memory to 1817 stable in Haven, but decided round numbers is nicer than a 0.7 fps advantage.

So you started off at 88.4 FPS before using my guide and ended up at 95.4FPS after. Nice results, and... PROOF THAT MY GUIDE WORKS! biggrin.gif

But i do have to say, real men never round down! thumb.gif
post #44 of 3357
my dc2t 670 runs a heaven benchmark as long as i don't touch any settings,or setting my boost below 1137mhz with max voltage and power target.

However, as soon as i adjust voltage or power target with a boost at 1137 or above, heaven crashes. i can't even start adjusting my clocks D: what gives? I've followed the guide correctly, I guess i just have a not so good top card?
post #45 of 3357
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowzatheman View Post

my dc2t 670 runs a heaven benchmark as long as i don't touch any settings,or setting my boost below 1137mhz with max voltage and power target.
However, as soon as i adjust voltage or power target with a boost at 1137 or above, heaven crashes. i can't even start adjusting my clocks D: what gives? I've followed the guide correctly, I guess i just have a not so good top card?

Can you run Heaven with stock settings and then take a screenshot of the Precision-X graphs, please? What i think is happening is when you're at stock voltage/power-target your card is being throttled by 13MHz which is just low enough to keep you stable but once you turn the power target up you jump 13MHz higher which is unstable at 1.175 volts for your card. If that is the case, then there's nothing you can really do except underclock your core and then compensate for that drop by overclocking your memory some more (as long as it doesn't cause artifacts or a lower score).
post #46 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPoe View Post

So you started off at 88.4 FPS before using my guide and ended up at 95.4FPS after. Nice results, and... PROOF THAT MY GUIDE WORKS! biggrin.gif
But i do have to say, real men never round down! thumb.gif

Once I get the memory and CPU overclcoked I might put some extra work into really finding the exact limits tongue.gif
Just for Email
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 720 BE @3.2 GHz Gigabyte GA-MA790XT HIS Radeon HD 4850 1GB @ 700/1050 4GB G.Skill 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
640GB 7200RPM WD LG 22X DVD+R Vista Home Premium 64 22" Gateway 
PowerCase
Corsair 650TX Antec 902 
  hide details  
Reply
Just for Email
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 720 BE @3.2 GHz Gigabyte GA-MA790XT HIS Radeon HD 4850 1GB @ 700/1050 4GB G.Skill 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
640GB 7200RPM WD LG 22X DVD+R Vista Home Premium 64 22" Gateway 
PowerCase
Corsair 650TX Antec 902 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 3357
This is definitely a plethora of information, well done thumb.gif

+ rep thumb.gif
post #48 of 3357
Awesome guide.

So in games with heavy gpu usage or benchmarks such as Heaven, my card's gpu clock will remain at the speed I want, which is good.

But in games such as WoW, I noticed the gpu clock would sometimes dip down to 700 mhz obviously because of light GPU usage but is there a way to force it to not dip that low in a 3D app regardless of GPU usage?

I have tried setting globally "prefer maximum performance" on the nvidia control panel, but it still does it.
post #49 of 3357
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzfury View Post

Awesome guide.
So in games with heavy gpu usage or benchmarks such as Heaven, my card's gpu clock will remain at the speed I want, which is good.
But in games such as WoW, I noticed the gpu clock would sometimes dip down to 700 mhz obviously because of light GPU usage but is there a way to force it to not dip that low in a 3D app regardless of GPU usage?
I have tried setting globally "prefer maximum performance" on the nvidia control panel, but it still does it.

Do you have adaptive vync turned on or vsync turned on in general? Do you have the FPS target set in precision-X? Those are the only two things that i know of that will throttle GPU usage.
post #50 of 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPoe View Post

Do you have adaptive vync turned on or vsync turned on in general? Do you have the FPS target set in precision-X? Those are the only two things that i know of that will throttle GPU usage.

after we have achieved a stable overclock, are we supposed to turn vsync back on?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › ~~The GTX 670 Overclocking Master-Guide~~