Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › The AMD How To Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The AMD How To Thread - Page 18

post #171 of 439
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNOE View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

Have you tested the speed of your cpu overclock, like compared it in cinebench?
Yeah above I said 14.41 for 5.0ghz in Cinebench it seems to scale just fine. I don't know that that is like compared to what you get though.


13.50 for 4.7ghz
13.83 for 4.8ghz
14.16 for 4.9ghz
14.41 for 5.0ghz

Your cinebench results are in the ballpark of where they should be. I'm just trying to think of what could be the source for your negative performance. Your clocks should put you a lot higher. How is the shape of your OS and driver install?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazedak47 View Post

I have MSI Twin Frozr 3, in Kombuster says v1.250 even if I raise it to 1300 in afterburner gpu-z shows a highest of 1.193.
Is there a way to actually make changing voltage do something?


Is your card a boost card? The voltage reading in kombusters leads me to believe so. If you are on the boost bios, you'll need to flash to a non-boost bios.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #172 of 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

Your cinebench results are in the ballpark of where they should be. I'm just trying to think of what could be the source for your negative performance. Your clocks should put you a lot higher. How is the shape of your OS and driver install?
Windows 8 installed on Samsung 840 pro. The Samsung 840 pro benched quite well. But as for drivers they should be all good except I'm using no RSTe. But maybe I will try to confirm the other drivers are updated. I'm sure windows 8 might have some new drivers by now its been 2 months. I'm trying to think to I have 16gb of ram. My page file is on another SSD... can't think at what else to check, but I do have to still try it with core parking disabled.
 
4x r290's
(9 items)
 
3x 7970's
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930K 4.8Ghz offset ASUS X79 Rampage IV Extreme GTX 780 with EK waterblock GTX 780 with EK waterblock 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 780 with EK waterblock  Samsung 16GB (4x4gb) 2400Mhz 10-12-12-31-1t @ 1... 256GB Samsung 950 Pro 256GB Samsung 840 Pro 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
RX360, EX360, EX360, and 480 Rad's XSPC Raystorm CPU Block Dual boot (other unnamed OS) and Win8 Pro QNIX QX2710 27" 2560x1440 @ 112hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K90 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 700D Modded w/ External Radiators 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K GA-Z77X-UD3H 4x R9 290's 8GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
1TB Hard Drive Win8 Corsair Dual PSU - AX1200 and HX650 Open Case 
Other
Thee 16x Risers and One 1x Riser 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930K 5Ghz Bench ASUS X79 Rampage IV Extreme 3x AMD 7970's w/ EK water blocks Samsung 16GB (4x4gb) 2400Mhz 10-12-12-31-1t @ 1... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingMonitor
128GB Samsung 830  RX360, RX240, EX360 XSPC Raystorm CPU Block QNIX QX2710 27" 2560x1440 @ 114hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K90 Corsair AX760i Corsair 700D Modded w/ External Radiators 
  hide details  
Reply
 
4x r290's
(9 items)
 
3x 7970's
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930K 4.8Ghz offset ASUS X79 Rampage IV Extreme GTX 780 with EK waterblock GTX 780 with EK waterblock 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 780 with EK waterblock  Samsung 16GB (4x4gb) 2400Mhz 10-12-12-31-1t @ 1... 256GB Samsung 950 Pro 256GB Samsung 840 Pro 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
RX360, EX360, EX360, and 480 Rad's XSPC Raystorm CPU Block Dual boot (other unnamed OS) and Win8 Pro QNIX QX2710 27" 2560x1440 @ 112hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K90 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 700D Modded w/ External Radiators 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K GA-Z77X-UD3H 4x R9 290's 8GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
1TB Hard Drive Win8 Corsair Dual PSU - AX1200 and HX650 Open Case 
Other
Thee 16x Risers and One 1x Riser 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930K 5Ghz Bench ASUS X79 Rampage IV Extreme 3x AMD 7970's w/ EK water blocks Samsung 16GB (4x4gb) 2400Mhz 10-12-12-31-1t @ 1... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingMonitor
128GB Samsung 830  RX360, RX240, EX360 XSPC Raystorm CPU Block QNIX QX2710 27" 2560x1440 @ 114hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K90 Corsair AX760i Corsair 700D Modded w/ External Radiators 
  hide details  
Reply
post #173 of 439
Thread Starter 
I think most of us are on win 7, win 8 driver support is there yet.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #174 of 439
Quote:
Manual driver uninstall: Run the driver setup.exe, choose uninstall, express. Once completed, do not reboot and go to control panel, run Programs and Features, click on AMD Catalyst Install Manager, click change, next, Express Uninstall All AMD Software, after a second pop up, choose Remove.

I'm a little confused by this. What exactly is the driver setup.exe? Where can I find that? I double clicked on the driver 13.2 setup and there is only an option to uninstall. I know where the AMD catalyst install manager is and that is what I usually use to uninstall driver, but I'm just not sure where to find the driversetup.exe
post #175 of 439
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageTheEarth View Post

Quote:
Manual driver uninstall: Run the driver setup.exe, choose uninstall, express. Once completed, do not reboot and go to control panel, run Programs and Features, click on AMD Catalyst Install Manager, click change, next, Express Uninstall All AMD Software, after a second pop up, choose Remove.

I'm a little confused by this. What exactly is the driver setup.exe? Where can I find that? I double clicked on the driver 13.2 setup and there is only an option to uninstall. I know where the AMD catalyst install manager is and that is what I usually use to uninstall driver, but I'm just not sure where to find the driversetup.exe


It means the actual driver.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #176 of 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

It means the actual driver.

When I said that I meant, "I double clicked on the driver 13.2 setup and there is only an option to *install*." If I hit install and go past that screen will it have an option to uninstall?

post #177 of 439
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageTheEarth View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

It means the actual driver.

When I said that I meant, "I double clicked on the driver 13.2 setup and there is only an option to *install*." If I hit install and go past that screen will it have an option to uninstall?



Ok, lemme explain. When you first hit the driver exe, you are greeted by the extraction process. After the files are extracted, it will give you the option to install or uninstall. Thus you see, each driver already has the uninstall process built in. I like to use the same exe as the driver that's loaded. Also, with the extraction process extract it to a secondary drive and leave the files there, ie. you have to manually delete the AMD folder, so don't do that. In the future when you want to uninstall said driver, go to the previously extracted folder, and run the setup.exe and choose uninstall. Once it's done, do not reboot so you can uninstall the catalyst manager from control panel.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #178 of 439
Hey TSM, what's the correct " [ATIADLHAL]" to paste in AB CFG. The one from the post doesn't work I don't think....

[ATIADLHAL]
UnofficialOverclockingEULA = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
UnofficialOverclockingMode = 1
 
"MSI GT70"
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4700MQ NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780M 32GB 1600MHz 128GB SSD Triple Raid 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB SSD 128GB SSD 1TB  Blueray 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Professional  17: 1920x1080 
  hide details  
Reply
 
"MSI GT70"
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4700MQ NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780M 32GB 1600MHz 128GB SSD Triple Raid 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB SSD 128GB SSD 1TB  Blueray 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Professional  17: 1920x1080 
  hide details  
Reply
post #179 of 439
Thread Starter 
It works just as is. However, do you understand what's happening?

The EULA statement is what triggers the unofficial mode, thereby you agreeing to no support, though its not like you had any support to begin with hehe.


Then you have to choose the Mode, ie. choice of two to either work with Powerplay (1) or to work without Powerplay (2).


There are other comments under ATIADLHAL that you don't touch during this process.


Also you have to be aware that you're using one method or the other so don't enable both, unofficial and official. Did you change back to unofficial method? I'm confused why you're asking about the EULA statement here?
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #180 of 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

It works just as is. However, do you understand what's happening?

The EULA statement is what triggers the unofficial mode, thereby you agreeing to no support, though its not like you had any support to begin with hehe.


Then you have to choose the Mode, ie. choice of two to either work with Powerplay (1) or to work without Powerplay (2).


There are other comments under ATIADLHAL that you don't touch during this process.


Also you have to be aware that you're using one method or the other so don't enable both, unofficial and official. Did you change back to unofficial method? I'm confused why you're asking about the EULA statement here?

My Raid failed in my computer...
 
"MSI GT70"
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4700MQ NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780M 32GB 1600MHz 128GB SSD Triple Raid 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB SSD 128GB SSD 1TB  Blueray 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Professional  17: 1920x1080 
  hide details  
Reply
 
"MSI GT70"
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4700MQ NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780M 32GB 1600MHz 128GB SSD Triple Raid 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB SSD 128GB SSD 1TB  Blueray 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Professional  17: 1920x1080 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › The AMD How To Thread