Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › MSI GTX 670 Power Edition Twin Frozr 4 cooler!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MSI GTX 670 Power Edition Twin Frozr 4 cooler! - Page 72

post #711 of 939
what I meant about 'not everyone's cup of tea' is this:

biggrin.gif

and to not derail the thread, seriously no one here has the card running in SLI?
Marble Marvel
(19 items)
 
Name
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700K ASUS z270i EVGA GTX 1080 FE Corsair Vengeance LPX - 16GB 2X8 3000mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - 500GB EK-Supremacy EVO - Nickel EK-RES X3 110 Black Ice Nemesis 240GTS (x2) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-Vardar F4‑120ER White (x2) Gentle Typhoon - D1225C12B6ZPA-64 (x2) Windows 10 Home Microboard M340CLZ  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus vn248h-p Cooler Master Masterkeys S EVGA SuperNOVA G2 - 650W Fractal Design - Define Nano S 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 Steelseries Logitech Z5500 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-3770K 4.6ghz @ 1.2v Asus P8Z77-V PRO MSI N670 PE 16GB Samsung MIRACLE RAM 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Samsung 830 SSD 256GB  Asus DRW-24B1ST Swiftech H220 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional x64 ASUS VN247H-P 24"  Samsung ln32b360c5d 32" Microsoft SideWinder X4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 NZXT Phantom 630 Gunmetal Logitech G500 SteelSeries 4HD (Black) 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech z-5500 5.1 Audio Technica ATH-M50WH x3 Silverstone AP122 NZXT Hue 
  hide details  
Reply
Marble Marvel
(19 items)
 
Name
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700K ASUS z270i EVGA GTX 1080 FE Corsair Vengeance LPX - 16GB 2X8 3000mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - 500GB EK-Supremacy EVO - Nickel EK-RES X3 110 Black Ice Nemesis 240GTS (x2) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-Vardar F4‑120ER White (x2) Gentle Typhoon - D1225C12B6ZPA-64 (x2) Windows 10 Home Microboard M340CLZ  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus vn248h-p Cooler Master Masterkeys S EVGA SuperNOVA G2 - 650W Fractal Design - Define Nano S 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 Steelseries Logitech Z5500 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-3770K 4.6ghz @ 1.2v Asus P8Z77-V PRO MSI N670 PE 16GB Samsung MIRACLE RAM 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Samsung 830 SSD 256GB  Asus DRW-24B1ST Swiftech H220 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional x64 ASUS VN247H-P 24"  Samsung ln32b360c5d 32" Microsoft SideWinder X4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 NZXT Phantom 630 Gunmetal Logitech G500 SteelSeries 4HD (Black) 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech z-5500 5.1 Audio Technica ATH-M50WH x3 Silverstone AP122 NZXT Hue 
  hide details  
Reply
post #712 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by byomes View Post

what I meant about 'not everyone's cup of tea' is this:
Warning: Picture! (Click to show)
biggrin.gif

and to not derail the thread, seriously no one here has the card running in SLI?

Is that your car? Very clean.

My 2nd 670 PE is arriving today. I will update after I see some results.
wheee.gif
Captain Slow
(8 items)
 
HTPC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k EVGA Z97 Stinger Core 3D XFX R9 290x Double Dissipation  2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsZ 2400 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Corsair H60 Windows 8.1 Corsair AX860 InWin 901 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 3220 Gigabyte H77N-WIFI HD 7750 2x4GB GSkill 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveMonitorCase
64GB Crucial M4 2x3TB Western Digital Green (Raid 1) 42" LG Silverstone ML03B 
  hide details  
Reply
Captain Slow
(8 items)
 
HTPC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k EVGA Z97 Stinger Core 3D XFX R9 290x Double Dissipation  2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsZ 2400 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Corsair H60 Windows 8.1 Corsair AX860 InWin 901 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 3220 Gigabyte H77N-WIFI HD 7750 2x4GB GSkill 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveMonitorCase
64GB Crucial M4 2x3TB Western Digital Green (Raid 1) 42" LG Silverstone ML03B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #713 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementR View Post

Is that your car? Very clean.

My 2nd 670 PE is arriving today. I will update after I see some results.
wheee.gif

Yep thats my car smile.gif

I hope you get some great results in sli!!
Marble Marvel
(19 items)
 
Name
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700K ASUS z270i EVGA GTX 1080 FE Corsair Vengeance LPX - 16GB 2X8 3000mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - 500GB EK-Supremacy EVO - Nickel EK-RES X3 110 Black Ice Nemesis 240GTS (x2) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-Vardar F4‑120ER White (x2) Gentle Typhoon - D1225C12B6ZPA-64 (x2) Windows 10 Home Microboard M340CLZ  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus vn248h-p Cooler Master Masterkeys S EVGA SuperNOVA G2 - 650W Fractal Design - Define Nano S 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 Steelseries Logitech Z5500 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-3770K 4.6ghz @ 1.2v Asus P8Z77-V PRO MSI N670 PE 16GB Samsung MIRACLE RAM 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Samsung 830 SSD 256GB  Asus DRW-24B1ST Swiftech H220 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional x64 ASUS VN247H-P 24"  Samsung ln32b360c5d 32" Microsoft SideWinder X4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 NZXT Phantom 630 Gunmetal Logitech G500 SteelSeries 4HD (Black) 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech z-5500 5.1 Audio Technica ATH-M50WH x3 Silverstone AP122 NZXT Hue 
  hide details  
Reply
Marble Marvel
(19 items)
 
Name
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700K ASUS z270i EVGA GTX 1080 FE Corsair Vengeance LPX - 16GB 2X8 3000mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - 500GB EK-Supremacy EVO - Nickel EK-RES X3 110 Black Ice Nemesis 240GTS (x2) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-Vardar F4‑120ER White (x2) Gentle Typhoon - D1225C12B6ZPA-64 (x2) Windows 10 Home Microboard M340CLZ  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus vn248h-p Cooler Master Masterkeys S EVGA SuperNOVA G2 - 650W Fractal Design - Define Nano S 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 Steelseries Logitech Z5500 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-3770K 4.6ghz @ 1.2v Asus P8Z77-V PRO MSI N670 PE 16GB Samsung MIRACLE RAM 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Samsung 830 SSD 256GB  Asus DRW-24B1ST Swiftech H220 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional x64 ASUS VN247H-P 24"  Samsung ln32b360c5d 32" Microsoft SideWinder X4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 NZXT Phantom 630 Gunmetal Logitech G500 SteelSeries 4HD (Black) 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech z-5500 5.1 Audio Technica ATH-M50WH x3 Silverstone AP122 NZXT Hue 
  hide details  
Reply
post #714 of 939
I love these cards in SLI. I only have the first card OC for now (1228 Core 1790 Mem) but I'm impressed with the results. The only thing I dislike is the temp increase, 56c single card and 66c in SLI w/ my room @ 75f.

BF3 on Max 150+ FPS I put VSync on and GPUs run between 30-50% and dropped the temps to 45-50c. (played for a 1-2 hours)
In Crysis 3 on Max I get 60-90 FPS constantly. I was getting 20-50 on a single card. (played for a 30 mins)
I jumped in GW2 just to check the FPS, 90+. I did notice some choppiness when rotating the camera but I was only in the game for >5 mins so it may be easily fixed with some setting tweaked.

I will try ARMA 3 this weekend but I have read that there are issues with SLI currently. Not a big deal though the game is in alpha.
thumb.gif

Oh and as a bonus NCIX US sent me a Dirt 3 promo card that was suppose to be distributed with AMD cards.
lachen.gif
Edited by ElementR - 3/12/13 at 4:50am
Captain Slow
(8 items)
 
HTPC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k EVGA Z97 Stinger Core 3D XFX R9 290x Double Dissipation  2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsZ 2400 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Corsair H60 Windows 8.1 Corsair AX860 InWin 901 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 3220 Gigabyte H77N-WIFI HD 7750 2x4GB GSkill 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveMonitorCase
64GB Crucial M4 2x3TB Western Digital Green (Raid 1) 42" LG Silverstone ML03B 
  hide details  
Reply
Captain Slow
(8 items)
 
HTPC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k EVGA Z97 Stinger Core 3D XFX R9 290x Double Dissipation  2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsZ 2400 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Corsair H60 Windows 8.1 Corsair AX860 InWin 901 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 3220 Gigabyte H77N-WIFI HD 7750 2x4GB GSkill 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveMonitorCase
64GB Crucial M4 2x3TB Western Digital Green (Raid 1) 42" LG Silverstone ML03B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #715 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementR View Post

I love these cards in SLI. I only have the first card OC for now (1228 Core 1790 Mem) but I'm impressed with the results. The only thing I dislike is the temp increase, 56c single card and 66c in SLI w/ my room @ 75f.

BF3 on Max 150+ FPS I put VSync on and GPUs run between 30-50% and dropped the temps to 45-50c. (played for a 1-2 hours)
In Crysis 3 on Max I get 60-90 FPS constantly. I was getting 20-50 on a single card. (played for a 30 mins)
I jumped in GW2 just to check the FPS, 90+. I did notice some choppiness when rotating the camera but I was only in the game for >5 mins so it may be easily fixed with some setting tweaked.

I will try ARMA 3 this weekend but I have read that there are issues with SLI currently. Not a big deal though the game is in alpha.
thumb.gif

Oh and as a bonus NCIX US sent me a Dirt 3 promo card that was suppose to be distributed with AMD cards.
lachen.gif

Amazing! How is your performance on Back to Karkand maps in BF3? My 670 seems to really struggle in that expansion pack!! frown.gif I was forced to lower most settings to medium, to keep my framerate above 60

Also, how loud are the TF4 cooler inside an R4? I was considering changing my case, to isolate some of the fan noise, but decided to just stick with the great temperatures the 500r offer me.
post #716 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementR View Post

I love these cards in SLI. I only have the first card OC for now (1228 Core 1790 Mem) but I'm impressed with the results. The only thing I dislike is the temp increase, 56c single card and 66c in SLI w/ my room @ 75f.

BF3 on Max 150+ FPS I put VSync on and GPUs run between 30-50% and dropped the temps to 45-50c. (played for a 1-2 hours)
In Crysis 3 on Max I get 60-90 FPS constantly. I was getting 20-50 on a single card. (played for a 30 mins)
I jumped in GW2 just to check the FPS, 90+. I did notice some choppiness when rotating the camera but I was only in the game for >5 mins so it may be easily fixed with some setting tweaked.

I will try ARMA 3 this weekend but I have read that there are issues with SLI currently. Not a big deal though the game is in alpha.
thumb.gif

Oh and as a bonus NCIX US sent me a Dirt 3 promo card that was suppose to be distributed with AMD cards.
lachen.gif

Impressive, what are the settings did you use on Crysis 3? also, does Crysis 3 prefer Memory Overclock instead of Core? 60 - 90 FPS on Crysis 3 ( I assume you use a Very High Settings with some AA), is amazing IMO. You got a good scaling with your SLI smile.gif
My BIG Spirit
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7700K KabyLake CPU @5.0 GHz MSI Z270 Gaming M7 Motherboard MSI GTX 670 Power Edition Graphics Card Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000 MHz 16 GB DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Plextor SSD 512 GB as OS Drive Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB Hitachi Hardisk 1 TB HDD ASUS DVD RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 PRO x64 Dell 22 Inch DSR @ 2560 x 1440 (from original 1... Logitech G105 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX760 80+ Platinum PSU Corsair Vengeance C70 Chassis Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
My BIG Spirit
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7700K KabyLake CPU @5.0 GHz MSI Z270 Gaming M7 Motherboard MSI GTX 670 Power Edition Graphics Card Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000 MHz 16 GB DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Plextor SSD 512 GB as OS Drive Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB Hitachi Hardisk 1 TB HDD ASUS DVD RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 PRO x64 Dell 22 Inch DSR @ 2560 x 1440 (from original 1... Logitech G105 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX760 80+ Platinum PSU Corsair Vengeance C70 Chassis Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #717 of 939

I bought this GPU. The OC version.

 

It is pretty amazing.

post #718 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRandomize View Post

Amazing! How is your performance on Back to Karkand maps in BF3? My 670 seems to really struggle in that expansion pack!! frown.gif I was forced to lower most settings to medium, to keep my framerate above 60

Also, how loud are the TF4 cooler inside an R4? I was considering changing my case, to isolate some of the fan noise, but decided to just stick with the great temperatures the 500r offer me.

I played some Gulf of Oman with one card and had no issues on ultra, haven't tried SLI yet. What map are you having issues with? What drivers are you using?

When I'm idling I cannot hear my PC at all. I have 3 Noise Blocker PK3s and the TFIV is the loudest part of the system. I do use a more aggressive GPU fan profile then stock. I strongly recommend any FD case, they are very well built and are quiet. They also have great customer service, I once called because I tripped over my headphone cable and broke the front audio jack. They set me a free replacement and called it a warranty issue.
biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharchaster View Post

Impressive, what are the settings did you use on Crysis 3? also, does Crysis 3 prefer Memory Overclock instead of Core? 60 - 90 FPS on Crysis 3 ( I assume you use a Very High Settings with some AA), is amazing IMO. You got a good scaling with your SLI smile.gif

Crysis 3 was maxed out in both the single and SLI stats I gave. I'm not sure about the core vs memory clock. My cards are the OC versions and the one I have overclocked is +50 core and +575 mem, with a KB of 91.
Captain Slow
(8 items)
 
HTPC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k EVGA Z97 Stinger Core 3D XFX R9 290x Double Dissipation  2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsZ 2400 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Corsair H60 Windows 8.1 Corsair AX860 InWin 901 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 3220 Gigabyte H77N-WIFI HD 7750 2x4GB GSkill 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveMonitorCase
64GB Crucial M4 2x3TB Western Digital Green (Raid 1) 42" LG Silverstone ML03B 
  hide details  
Reply
Captain Slow
(8 items)
 
HTPC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k EVGA Z97 Stinger Core 3D XFX R9 290x Double Dissipation  2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsZ 2400 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Corsair H60 Windows 8.1 Corsair AX860 InWin 901 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 3220 Gigabyte H77N-WIFI HD 7750 2x4GB GSkill 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveMonitorCase
64GB Crucial M4 2x3TB Western Digital Green (Raid 1) 42" LG Silverstone ML03B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #719 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementR View Post

I played some Gulf of Oman with one card and had no issues on ultra, haven't tried SLI yet. What map are you having issues with? What drivers are you using?

When I'm idling I cannot hear my PC at all. I have 3 Noise Blocker PK3s and the TFIV is the loudest part of the system. I do use a more aggressive GPU fan profile then stock. I strongly recommend any FD case, they are very well built and are quiet. They also have great customer service, I once called because I tripped over my headphone cable and broke the front audio jack. They set me a free replacement and called it a warranty issue.
biggrin.gif

Mostly Karkand. And i wouldn't say issues tongue.gif it just seems very demanding. Looking towards the centre of the map from the attacker deployment, the frames drop like 20 or so.

Damn... i should've gone with a FD case back when i bought my current rig (which is indeed my first custom, i went like $3 below my budget tongue.gif)
post #720 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRandomize View Post

Mostly Karkand. And i wouldn't say issues tongue.gif it just seems very demanding. Looking towards the centre of the map from the attacker deployment, the frames drop like 20 or so.

Damn... i should've gone with a FD case back when i bought my current rig (which is indeed my first custom, i went like $3 below my budget tongue.gif)

I always recommend the FD cases. The non window version is on sale @ newegg for $80, in white. You can usually find a deal on the window versions for $100.

Here are some SS of Karkand w/ SLI on and vsync off. There is dip in FPS when I look toward the center of town but I cannot notice it without looking at my FPS.

Warning: Images (Click to show)


Captain Slow
(8 items)
 
HTPC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k EVGA Z97 Stinger Core 3D XFX R9 290x Double Dissipation  2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsZ 2400 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Corsair H60 Windows 8.1 Corsair AX860 InWin 901 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 3220 Gigabyte H77N-WIFI HD 7750 2x4GB GSkill 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveMonitorCase
64GB Crucial M4 2x3TB Western Digital Green (Raid 1) 42" LG Silverstone ML03B 
  hide details  
Reply
Captain Slow
(8 items)
 
HTPC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k EVGA Z97 Stinger Core 3D XFX R9 290x Double Dissipation  2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsZ 2400 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Corsair H60 Windows 8.1 Corsair AX860 InWin 901 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 3220 Gigabyte H77N-WIFI HD 7750 2x4GB GSkill 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveMonitorCase
64GB Crucial M4 2x3TB Western Digital Green (Raid 1) 42" LG Silverstone ML03B 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › MSI GTX 670 Power Edition Twin Frozr 4 cooler!