Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › MSI GTX 670 Power Edition Twin Frozr 4 cooler!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MSI GTX 670 Power Edition Twin Frozr 4 cooler! - Page 74

post #731 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTV View Post

I think it is temps. If I run my PC with side panel open or fans set to 100%, I don't experience issues, nor does the card exceed 75 degrees celcius. It looks like the minute the card is over 75, especially the early 80s (82 or so), that the game freezes and/or crashes. The card is clean (dust) an my chassis does have reasonable airflow IMO. Are these temps normal for FC3? Idle temps seem normal: late 30s to early 40s.

I rarely break 70C on Far Cry 3, and the highest temperature I ever saw, was 73. My fan speed is static at 65%
post #732 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharchaster View Post

Wow, I've seen a lot of issues about Far Cry 3, though. Which driver NVIDIA did you use? How about your card temperature? Have you tried another driver? and Have you tried to update the patch on Far Cry 3?

But the most possibilities that I can figure from your situation is maybe a driver problem though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRandomize View Post

I rarely break 70C on Far Cry 3, and the highest temperature I ever saw, was 73. My fan speed is static at 65%

I think I found my issue:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/MSI-GTX-660-670-overvolting-PowerEdition,18013.html

"... In other cases, MSI’s circuit trick can trigger a black screen or cause a driver crash when a change of load occurs..." This is my exact issue. black screen, freeze and driver crash according to event viewer

Card is going back to supplier. I read that all the newer ones are no longer overvolted. Does anyone know how I can identify that specific revision of the card that is no longer overvolted?
The "other" wife
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K (Ivy Bridge) Asus Sabertooth Z77 ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 OC 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB Seagte 3TB SATA (ST3000DM001) LG DVR-RW Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
MS Windows 10 Pro (64bit) Samsung SyncMaster P2770 27" LCD Corsair Strafe RGB (MX Silent) Corsair AX760i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite 760T Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex Steelseries QcK Limited Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
The "other" wife
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K (Ivy Bridge) Asus Sabertooth Z77 ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 OC 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB Seagte 3TB SATA (ST3000DM001) LG DVR-RW Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
MS Windows 10 Pro (64bit) Samsung SyncMaster P2770 27" LCD Corsair Strafe RGB (MX Silent) Corsair AX760i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite 760T Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex Steelseries QcK Limited Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #733 of 939
It only says triple overvoltage on the package. I bought one from new egg a month ago and been having nothing but awesome results. Voltage is 1.175 at load, power target 114. I'm +41 core +472 on memory. I gotta custom fan profile the card is silent never see over 63 degrees fan at 48 percent on a heaven or valley loop.

I think u guys need to check up on some case cooling make sure you got sufficient flow and direction. I got a antec 300 with all fans set to low 2 120s up front blowing in 120 blowing out back 140 up top blowing out and I bought a cooler master blade blue led for the side facing in running at 1400 rpms off the bios level 1.

I'm also 2500k over clocked 4.8ghz 1.4 max voltage cm hyper 212 plus with push pull setup out back. Cpu never sees over 65 degrees (85 on ibt) battlefield 3 multiplayer at 1440p high 2x aa vsync. Card will actually throttle at times when power isn't needed keeping game play smooth never dipping. I have had one crash on bf3 and pretty sure it was origin or driver related.

I play tomb raider crysis 3 max Payne 3 and bioshock infinite all without a hitch. It was a bumpy start but since 314.14 drivers I really have had zero issue. I couldn't be happier. I'm definitely on par if not ahead of a gtx 680. I'd make sure your motherboard and drivers are all up to date. If u have a realtek on board sound install their sound manager (me n a friend both experienced random crashes updating and installing the 2.70 driver with sound manager fixed it.) this is with a asrock extreme 4 motherboard. I also plan on going sli really soon.

And with all this my room is about 65-70 degrees and and my Cpu fans are at 1150 rpms and never rises over 1250. My rig is next to silent.

One more thing sorry for the bible I'm writing but msi confirmed they were over volting but they confirmed there would be zero issue on longevity and they still back their 3 year warranty.
Edited by H3r3tic - 3/31/13 at 12:15pm
post #734 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3r3tic View Post

It only says triple overvoltage on the package. I bought one from new egg a month ago and been having nothing but awesome results. Voltage is 1.175 at load, power target 114. I'm +41 core +472 on memory. I gotta custom fan profile the card is silent never see over 63 degrees fan at 48 percent on a heaven or valley loop.

I think u guys need to check up on some case cooling make sure you got sufficient flow and direction. I got a antec 300 with all fans set to low 2 120s up front blowing in 120 blowing out back 140 up top blowing out and I bought a cooler master blade blue led for the side facing in running at 1400 rpms off the bios level 1.

I'm also 2500k over clocked 4.8ghz 1.4 max voltage cm hyper 212 plus with push pull setup out back. Cpu never sees over 65 degrees (85 on ibt) battlefield 3 multiplayer at 1440p high 2x aa vsync. Card will actually throttle at times when power isn't needed keeping game play smooth never dipping. I have had one crash on bf3 and pretty sure it was origin or driver related.

I play tomb raider crysis 3 max Payne 3 and bioshock infinite all without a hitch. It was a bumpy start but since 314.14 drivers I really have had zero issue. I couldn't be happier. I'm definitely on par if not ahead of a gtx 680. I'd make sure your motherboard and drivers are all up to date. If u have a realtek on board sound install their sound manager (me n a friend both experienced random crashes updating and installing the 2.70 driver with sound manager fixed it.) this is with a asrock extreme 4 motherboard. I also plan on going sli really soon.

And with all this my room is about 65-70 degrees and and my Cpu fans are at 1150 rpms and never rises over 1250. My rig is next to silent.

One more thing sorry for the bible I'm writing but msi confirmed they were over volting but they confirmed there would be zero issue on longevity and they still back their 3 year warranty.

StarCraft 2 HOTS & Max Payne 3 no issues. BioShock Infinite only crashed once - doesn't demand as much as say Far Cry 3. Running 314.22, though I tried many other drivers prior to this one. I currently have an Asus Xonar DG which uses a C-Media audio chip, though I also experienced my problems even when using a Creative Sound Blaster Z.

I am no electronic guru or anything but I would imagine that a high voltage (overvolt) would result in higher temps (I stand to be corrected). Also, you said you have one of the newer non-overvolt cards (if I understood you correctly), thus you are not experiencing any issues.

As per what Tom's Hardware reported, it looks like this overvolt may result in driver crashes and black screens dependent on load changes, which are the symptoms I am experiencing. The games that are not affected all appear to be less taxing on the GPU than the games which I do have issues with.

Yes, MSI is still honouring their 3 year warranty and all and they do not expect the components to fail, though there was no mention of stability concerns, and that is exactly what is being reported by Toms' and other people
Edited by CTV - 3/31/13 at 12:39pm
The "other" wife
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K (Ivy Bridge) Asus Sabertooth Z77 ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 OC 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB Seagte 3TB SATA (ST3000DM001) LG DVR-RW Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
MS Windows 10 Pro (64bit) Samsung SyncMaster P2770 27" LCD Corsair Strafe RGB (MX Silent) Corsair AX760i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite 760T Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex Steelseries QcK Limited Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
The "other" wife
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K (Ivy Bridge) Asus Sabertooth Z77 ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 OC 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB Seagte 3TB SATA (ST3000DM001) LG DVR-RW Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
MS Windows 10 Pro (64bit) Samsung SyncMaster P2770 27" LCD Corsair Strafe RGB (MX Silent) Corsair AX760i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite 760T Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex Steelseries QcK Limited Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #735 of 939
I'm not sure if my card is or isn't overvoltage. Like I said my card in precision X is at 1.175 max idk I believe that's similar to reference cards. I mean it is only a month old and it doesn't have the hybrid bios that the earlier versions had. I mean even at 80*c u r card should still work fine even though that is very high temperature but even so reference cards could reach that in certain cases. I would say download precision X or afterburner and run a heaven or valley loop and check your voltages.

Mine at idle is 987 mv I believe. Both programs allow u to under or over volt. So I would say if its over my voltage drop the voltage on it see if it helps. It should idle under a volt so. I'm assuming your power supply is sufficient enough? I have a 700w continuous single 12v rail psu I believe it's 12v @ 54 amp. Also where and when did u purchase the card? This was discovered almost 6 months ago so I'm sure they have ran through their older supply but if maybe purchasing off a friend ebay or Amazon it's possible to still get an older revision. If u have the hybrid bios version it's definitely older. Maybe try the alternate bios switch.

I researched for like a week straight on the best 670 before buying and 9 put of 10 reviews put this card on top next to the Asus direct cu and the galaxy 2 fan oc. I have dealt with msi for quite some years and I would never shy away from them. They have always done well in my book and use pretty top notch components.

And I pay close attention to details n settings and bioshock and max payne offer just as gpu much usage as far cry 3. I think your under the impression far cry 3 is very taxing because of lower frame rates when really the issue is poor optimization just like assassins creed 3. (ubisoft poorly porting)

Far cry 3 just like ac3 just have their issues at times due to not spreading the load evenly across all cores. So if you're playing a game and frame rates are low checking the cpu load ull see one core is being used too (sometimes 100 percent) much which in turn drops gpu usage at times (going from 99 percent to say 50 percent) thus producing lag or stuttering.

If you check this link http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Frame-Rating-GeForce-GTX-Titan-GeForce-GTX-690-Radeon-HD-7990-HD-7970-Cross-3
Ull see even the best of the guys experience this problem.
Edited by H3r3tic - 3/31/13 at 2:01pm
post #736 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3r3tic View Post

I'm not sure if my card is or isn't overvoltage. Like I said my card in precision X is at 1.175 max idk I believe that's similar to reference cards. I mean it is only a month old and it doesn't have the hybrid bios that the earlier versions had. I mean even at 80*c u r card should still work fine even though that is very high temperature but even so reference cards could reach that in certain cases. I would say download precision X or afterburner and run a heaven or valley loop and check your voltages.

Mine at idle is 987 mv I believe. Both programs allow u to under or over volt. So I would say if its over my voltage drop the voltage on it see if it helps. It should idle under a volt so. I'm assuming your power supply is sufficient enough? I have a 700w continuous single 12v rail psu I believe it's 12v @ 54 amp. Also where and when did u purchase the card? This was discovered almost 6 months ago so I'm sure they have ran through their older supply but if maybe purchasing off a friend ebay or Amazon it's possible to still get an older revision. If u have the hybrid bios version it's definitely older. Maybe try the alternate bios switch.

I researched for like a week straight on the best 670 before buying and 9 put of 10 reviews put this card on top next to the Asus direct cu and the galaxy 2 fan oc. I have dealt with msi for quite some years and I would never shy away from them. They have always done well in my book and use pretty top notch components.

And I pay close attention to details n settings and bioshock and max payne offer just as gpu much usage as far cry 3. I think your under the impression far cry 3 is very taxing because of lower frame rates when really the issue is poor optimization just like assassins creed 3. (ubisoft poorly porting)

Far cry 3 just like ac3 just have their issues at times due to not spreading the load evenly across all cores. So if you're playing a game and frame rates are low checking the cpu load ull see one core is being used too (sometimes 100 percent) much which in turn drops gpu usage at times (going from 99 percent to say 50 percent) thus producing lag or stuttering.

If you check this link http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Frame-Rating-GeForce-GTX-Titan-GeForce-GTX-690-Radeon-HD-7990-HD-7970-Cross-3
Ull see even the best of the guys experience this problem.

My PSU is a Corsair HX 750W modular so I believe it is sufficient. I am almost certain that my card is one of the very 1st ones as it was purchased in August last year. I remember when Tom's article came out and was wondering if I had anything to worry about at the time.

What exactly is this hybrid BIOS you are referring to and how would I know if my card has it? Are there any issues with this hybrid BIOS? Should it be changed?

I do use Afterburner. At idle, my GPU voltage is 0.987V @ temps late 30s to early 40s. Looping of Heaven yields maximum voltage of 1.175V @ 73 degrees celcius max. Heaven did however eventually crash after 10-15min with Unigine fatal error: D3D11AppWindow::swap_window(): device removed. As expected, the only error/warning I can find in event viewer is exactly the same error as Far Cry 3: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. Looks like the display driver crashed again. Again, this is symptomatic to what Tom's reported - driver crashes en black screens with the 1st batches of these cards

There must surely be something wrong with this card?
Edited by CTV - 4/1/13 at 3:57am
The "other" wife
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K (Ivy Bridge) Asus Sabertooth Z77 ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 OC 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB Seagte 3TB SATA (ST3000DM001) LG DVR-RW Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
MS Windows 10 Pro (64bit) Samsung SyncMaster P2770 27" LCD Corsair Strafe RGB (MX Silent) Corsair AX760i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite 760T Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex Steelseries QcK Limited Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
The "other" wife
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K (Ivy Bridge) Asus Sabertooth Z77 ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 OC 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB Seagte 3TB SATA (ST3000DM001) LG DVR-RW Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
MS Windows 10 Pro (64bit) Samsung SyncMaster P2770 27" LCD Corsair Strafe RGB (MX Silent) Corsair AX760i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite 760T Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex Steelseries QcK Limited Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #737 of 939
If there is a hybrid bios it says it on the front of the box and I believe there's a switch somewhere on the card probably the top. The voltage reported seems to check out still runs pretty hot and ur power supply should be enough for 670 sli. If you can't find a switch, contact msi cause I am left to believe something is wrong. I would definitely recommend staying with that card just maybe you got a bad apple maybe just an rma. I ordered a second one for sli an hour ago so I'm excited to try it out.
Edited by H3r3tic - 4/1/13 at 11:13am
post #738 of 939
Hello, my english is very bad I have MSI 670 pe and this card is throttle in heaven ,games... my Oc is set to 1300 but is throttle 1300-1250 with default bios
I have flash this bios-
http://www.fastshare.cz/2072205/gtx670gf.rom
it is work, gpu clock is 1349 stable but temp is so high 80°C it is so much...
can anyone help me? sorry for english...
Edited by laro22 - 4/1/13 at 1:54pm
post #739 of 939
Make sure in nvidia control panel you have it set to max performance For power management Nd raise your power target to 114
post #740 of 939
Where is it in control panel?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › MSI GTX 670 Power Edition Twin Frozr 4 cooler!