Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [TT] MSI Geforce GTX 680 Lightning Spotted
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TT] MSI Geforce GTX 680 Lightning Spotted - Page 61  

post #601 of 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post

thats what im saying lol. the only reason i bought this card is so i can bench it without having to solder VRs onto the PCB for voltmod. until we get 2.2.3 this is pointless

I wonder what his 1350Mhz card will bench at with unlocked voltage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

Dude, you haven't even gotten to test out voltage adjustments yet! rolleyes.gif Who really thought that these were going to perform any better than reference at stock voltage??? rolleyes.gif

LN2 Bios defaults to 1.255v, greater than Nvidia 1.175v on ref PCB
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k 4.7 1.368v RIVE BIOS 2105 680L 1330/7011 16GB Samsung 2133Mhz  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 240GB  H110 after 4x H220 RMA Win 8.1 64bit XL2420T Lightboost  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
SS 6Gv2  EVGA 1300G2  Arc Midi R2 Zowie AM, many opticals 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
SS QCK+ Xonar Essence STX AK100 MKII Shure SE846  
AudioAudioOther
Ultrasone Pro 900 Sennheiser HD700 Intel EXPI9301CT NIC 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k 4.7 1.368v RIVE BIOS 2105 680L 1330/7011 16GB Samsung 2133Mhz  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 240GB  H110 after 4x H220 RMA Win 8.1 64bit XL2420T Lightboost  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
SS 6Gv2  EVGA 1300G2  Arc Midi R2 Zowie AM, many opticals 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
SS QCK+ Xonar Essence STX AK100 MKII Shure SE846  
AudioAudioOther
Ultrasone Pro 900 Sennheiser HD700 Intel EXPI9301CT NIC 
  hide details  
post #602 of 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion667 View Post

I wonder what his 1350Mhz card will bench at with unlocked voltage

depends on how much voltage the gpu can take under ln2.. based on k|ngp|n hitting over 2000MHz with a classy (which from what ive seen arent clocking as high as the lightnings with stock voltage), we should def be able to see some 2000+MHz lightnings in proper/experienced hands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion667 View Post

LN2 Bios defaults to 1.255v, greater than Nvidia 1.175v on ref PCB

i think the ref cards that show 1.175 at the software level are actually putting out more voltage than that if you measure at the hardware level. i saw some evidence of it over at the KPC forums a few months ago..
Extreme OC
(52 photos)
  
Extreme OC
(52 photos)
  
post #603 of 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post

depends on how much voltage the gpu can take under ln2.. based on k|ngp|n hitting over 2000MHz with a classy (which from what ive seen arent clocking as high as the lightnings with stock voltage), we should def be able to see some 2000+MHz lightnings in proper/experienced hands.
i think the ref cards that show 1.175 at the software level are actually putting out more voltage than that if you measure at the hardware level. i saw some evidence of it over at the KPC forums a few months ago..

Yes, my card measures 1.215V max with a multimeter, without any voltage unlocking. Both my DC II 680 and reference Gigabyte 680 show the same.
Le Tigre
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3770k MSI Z77 MPower Gigabyte R9-290 Gigabyte R9-290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung DDR3 2133 9-10-10-26-1T Samsung 830 OCZ Agility 4 Western Digital Caviar Black 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Auria EQ276W 27" IPS Logitech G710+ XFX Pro 1050W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Razer 3.5G Steelseries 9HD Soundblaster Tactic3D Wrath 
  hide details  
Le Tigre
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3770k MSI Z77 MPower Gigabyte R9-290 Gigabyte R9-290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung DDR3 2133 9-10-10-26-1T Samsung 830 OCZ Agility 4 Western Digital Caviar Black 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Auria EQ276W 27" IPS Logitech G710+ XFX Pro 1050W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Razer 3.5G Steelseries 9HD Soundblaster Tactic3D Wrath 
  hide details  
post #604 of 900
This is one reason why I'm not convinced voltage control is going to add much to your clocks on air/water. I think high 1300's to low 1400's will be absolute max with the average Lightning doing low to mid 1300's with AB's new max voltage. Still pure speculation though...
post #605 of 900
Lightning or Direct CU II?
post #606 of 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

This is one reason why I'm not convinced voltage control is going to add much to your clocks on air/water. I think high 1300's to low 1400's will be absolute max with the average Lightning doing low to mid 1300's with AB's new max voltage. Still pure speculation though...

Not disagreeing , just pointing out that your idea on this differs quite a bit from those saying and telling me , basically "do not worry about your oc now these cards are for adding volts" ... I myself have been trying to say if you do not get to 1300mhz at say 1.25 or 1.26 V (hardware level, which is what these cards are doing in LN2 Bios) is going to 1.4V gonna majically make my low clocker a high one?

and a little off topic I am PAYING for the ability to OC so yes I do take into my consideration these Lightnings overclocking ability (where I would not with a reference card)

back on topic
Just tested my worse performing card and even under LN2 Bios which IS delivering around 1.25/6 volts it WILL not even do 1270 (I stopped going down because it was a waste of my time and these are hard lock my computer up crashes I bet it is 1250 or less!!!) I doubt it will do much over 1300 at 1.35v .... where as my 1355 clocker (with LN2 (1.26V) and 1230 with 1.175V (1.21 actual) will likely do over 1400 with 1.35- 1.40 V (just speculating)

If you wanna go hard you need a good GPU and without it all the cool overclocking features are worthless!!! and this card IS being sold and marketed as an overclocking card, that is unless it cannot overclock ... then it is same as reference and you should be happy with stock speeds LOL LOL LOL

in other news one of my cards got to 1388 pts in heaven with 55.1 fps (heaven completely maxed at 1080p) it's core was 1300 (can get to about 1310 not sure yet and that is with LN2) but it's MEMORY is SICK solid at plus 525 or 550 in heaven in that run (plus 550/575 gave artifacts) my top clocking card does 1355 Core but only plus 375 mem (I want to combine those into one SUPER GOLDEN CARD LOL )

I will give more updates (I want 1400 Heaven with one card!)
Crimson Ice
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 4930k 5.1ghz 1.456v Asus Rampage Extreme IV 2-way SLI TITANS 32 GB Patriot Viper at 2133mhz 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
custom water cooling loop mcp35x dual pump with an extra 35x backup custom made radiators custom 2.5 gallon res 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
SDUMPER custom SS Phase Cooler Express SS Phase (Backup) win 8.1 & win 7 asus 27 inch 3d 120hz surround 3d x3 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate DUAL corsair 1050 W & corsair 1000 W Genesis 9000 reverse ATX Forgot which gaming mouse (will update) still n... 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar stx Heir Audio 8.A custom IEM's Heir Audio 6.A LE custom IEM's Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Crimson Ice
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 4930k 5.1ghz 1.456v Asus Rampage Extreme IV 2-way SLI TITANS 32 GB Patriot Viper at 2133mhz 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
custom water cooling loop mcp35x dual pump with an extra 35x backup custom made radiators custom 2.5 gallon res 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
SDUMPER custom SS Phase Cooler Express SS Phase (Backup) win 8.1 & win 7 asus 27 inch 3d 120hz surround 3d x3 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate DUAL corsair 1050 W & corsair 1000 W Genesis 9000 reverse ATX Forgot which gaming mouse (will update) still n... 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar stx Heir Audio 8.A custom IEM's Heir Audio 6.A LE custom IEM's Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
post #607 of 900
Thanks for sharing your results supermi, keep em coming!thumb.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5-1680 V2  R4BE  TITAN X (Pascal)   2666 Dominator Platinum CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
750 NVMe 1.2TB EK HF/rx360/rx120 EK FC/GTs/mcp655 Windows 10 Pro  
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
BL3200PT 1600 T2 800d Pro Audio 2.1 + DragonFly Red 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5-1680 V2  R4BE  TITAN X (Pascal)   2666 Dominator Platinum CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
750 NVMe 1.2TB EK HF/rx360/rx120 EK FC/GTs/mcp655 Windows 10 Pro  
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
BL3200PT 1600 T2 800d Pro Audio 2.1 + DragonFly Red 
  hide details  
post #608 of 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

This is one reason why I'm not convinced voltage control is going to add much to your clocks on air/water. I think high 1300's to low 1400's will be absolute max with the average Lightning doing low to mid 1300's with AB's new max voltage. Still pure speculation though...
Honestly, that's still pretty good. I don't think I've ever seen water cooled 7970's break 1400MHz...
post #609 of 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermi View Post

Not disagreeing , just pointing out that your idea on this differs quite a bit from those saying and telling me , basically "do not worry about your oc now these cards are for adding volts" ... I myself have been trying to say if you do not get to 1300mhz at say 1.25 or 1.26 V (hardware level, which is what these cards are doing in LN2 Bios) is going to 1.4V gonna majically make my low clocker a high one?
and a little off topic I am PAYING for the ability to OC so yes I do take into my consideration these Lightnings overclocking ability (where I would not with a reference card)
back on topic
Just tested my worse performing card and even under LN2 Bios which IS delivering around 1.25/6 volts it WILL not even do 1270 (I stopped going down because it was a waste of my time and these are hard lock my computer up crashes I bet it is 1250 or less!!!) I doubt it will do much over 1300 at 1.35v .... where as my 1355 clocker (with LN2 (1.26V) and 1230 with 1.175V (1.21 actual) will likely do over 1400 with 1.35- 1.40 V (just speculating)
If you wanna go hard you need a good GPU and without it all the cool overclocking features are worthless!!! and this card IS being sold and marketed as an overclocking card, that is unless it cannot overclock ... then it is same as reference and you should be happy with stock speeds LOL LOL LOL
in other news one of my cards got to 1388 pts in heaven with 55.1 fps (heaven completely maxed at 1080p) it's core was 1300 (can get to about 1310 not sure yet and that is with LN2) but it's MEMORY is SICK solid at plus 525 or 550 in heaven in that run (plus 550/575 gave artifacts) my top clocking card does 1355 Core but only plus 375 mem (I want to combine those into one SUPER GOLDEN CARD LOL )
I will give more updates (I want 1400 Heaven with one card!)
Wow that is a very nice overclock, on air to boot! . thumb.gif I may have to give two of these cards a try next week. Kepler seems capable of reaching much higher clocks compared to Tahiti. However, I admit the 79xx cards oc scale better due to more memory bandwidth.
post #610 of 900
Can someone update me, is there any definitive news that these cards will get unlocked voltage?
Word Processor
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.5 Ghz 1.43v asrock z77 pro4-m Zotac GTX 780 2 x SAMSUNG 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 @ ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4 128 Samsund 840 Series Seagate ST300DM001-1CH166 Seagate ST4000DM000-1F2168 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
HITACHI Deskstar 5K3000  Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus NZXT Sentry Mix Windows 7 64 bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
SAMSUNG ToC Rose Black 27"  ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-IPSB Rosewill Cherry MX Brown SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Define XL Titanium Grey Anker High Precision Laser Gaming Mouse  XTRAC Pads Ripper XXL Audio-Technica ATH-M50 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
FiiO E10 Pioneer VSX-1021-K Energy Take 5 Classic BIC America F-12 
Audio
Pioneer SP-FS52-LR Andrew Jones Designed 
  hide details  
Word Processor
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.5 Ghz 1.43v asrock z77 pro4-m Zotac GTX 780 2 x SAMSUNG 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 @ ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4 128 Samsund 840 Series Seagate ST300DM001-1CH166 Seagate ST4000DM000-1F2168 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
HITACHI Deskstar 5K3000  Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus NZXT Sentry Mix Windows 7 64 bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
SAMSUNG ToC Rose Black 27"  ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-IPSB Rosewill Cherry MX Brown SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Define XL Titanium Grey Anker High Precision Laser Gaming Mouse  XTRAC Pads Ripper XXL Audio-Technica ATH-M50 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
FiiO E10 Pioneer VSX-1021-K Energy Take 5 Classic BIC America F-12 
Audio
Pioneer SP-FS52-LR Andrew Jones Designed 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [TT] MSI Geforce GTX 680 Lightning Spotted