Overclock.net › Forums › Manufacturer Forums › Cooler Master › Cosmos 2 Upgraded Fan Controller now Available in North America
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cosmos 2 Upgraded Fan Controller now Available in North America - Page 11

post #101 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by elementaldragon View Post

I can understand your frustration on the whole matter... but it seems that the main issue is that your region's headquarters is not being very vocal with their consumers... so i don't see why you'd be getting annoyed with what the rep's here are saying.
And i wouldn't exactly say that whole thing about the idea of different regions handling their own distribution and such isn't common. Especially with the whole car metaphor. Just as one example of where that would be wrong is if you look at the Smart ForTwo in the US market. They only became available in 2008. You could import them from Canada if you wanted. The problem is that if you did so, none of the US service stations were able to perform service on the car. Not like there's a whole lot that's different... but it's just the way it is. Or it would be like me wanting to have a Volkswagen Sirocco. Great looking car. But i can't have one, because Volkswagen USA apparently chooses not to market them.
There are MANY cases of where things are handled differently in one country compared to another, even within the same company. I don't think there is such a thing as "Worldwide support"... at least not in the sense of one centralized location dictating how every other location is supposed to handle things.
Not fully agreeing with you. Here's the thing: If a company allows for its products to be distributed to a particular destination, may that be a country, a city, a region, an island or simply one specific store or whatever, the company is liable for non functional parts. I'm not asking for a "world wide support". If a company chooses to distribute their products under different flags, they should ultimately be responsible for malfunctioning stuff. Why? Because the company is making profits off of buying customers. Now if the local support system isn't working properly, you can't just blame them, the company should see to it that the problem is rectified. Nothing else matters really. People working at the local support office ARE on the company's pay role.
Also, I'm not saying that there should be an almighty support umbrella working out every single issue everywhere. That would be ridiculous of course. Had it been an automobile company with malfunctioning car breaks, that is something else. But then again, just because some European markets are substantially smaller than the North American market, is exactly why makes the lesser markets under-prioritized. Sweden kinda disappears behind the mass. And that's why no one makes it their business to attend such little market. In my world, that's essentially why the company should make it their business to see to it that even I am being supported. I'm a paying customer just like the next customer.
So I'm sorry, I don't agree with you.

For this time Cooler Master was kind enough to notice my problem and finally I was contacted by Cooler Master and they were very nice enough to send me a new fan controller. But believe me, had I not reached out for help actively and had not taken no for an answer, I probably would still be waiting...
Many thx to Cooler Master and to all who were kind enough to help out.

Regards,
/B.
post #102 of 180
Hello guys I'm from India and went through almost same situation. My cosmos 2 front fan wasn't working(oob|rest were all fine). So I found this forum(about new rev. pcb), here admin tried to help me out, but the upgrade offer wasn't ment for my country(can't even pay and buy the new kit). So I though it would be better if I ask just for a normal replacement unit aginst my non functional pcb. It took like almost a month(more or less). First I contacted the local distibutor as mentioned in CM support mail. Then local disti. from here contacted Taiwan HQ. At last they sent me a replacement unit(new black|only pcb) for my non working pcb, but it was in a very bad condition(completely open like a trash or a dead hardware). There was no header for pc(motherboard) connection on pcb, cap(s) were missing, it was a cheaply built and ugly looking replacement.mad.gif But still I just called + mailed the local distributor and the guy from CM in Taiwan HQ about the issue with the new replacement unit. So they agreed to sent me another pcb replacement(completely new). Now I just need to go and collect it from distributors office. I just hope this won't be same like the last one.smile.gif
Replacement Pcb pics:
New rev. pcb:
17f4852850c22b6583920f58e521283d.jpg

My current pcb:
98bb3d83e8b979db828cd03bc2cb3663.jpg

First replacement pcb I received from CM(India or Tiwan I don't know whom to point out in this):
02f08f9111a3a24bb52a5b2a56e05e5c.jpg
c534494513afc40f69afa3d9dfb71f66.jpg
0a3a11118c11f048f48f25d5c18018cd.jpg
64b9ab5b0471bcf2c0337b3122df4fa5.jpg

So this time they sent me a pic of the pcb before sending it:
5d7093b2bbd89bad6f23b2fd8556150e.jpg
post #103 of 180
dude biggrin.gif did you got your new fan c...?
Edited by pimpffish - 8/18/12 at 10:09am
post #104 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittornado View Post

First of all, I'm not your "dude", I'm not anybody's "dude".
Also, I'm perfectly able to read plain English. I know what he said.
And believe me, after 2 months of struggling hoping e-mailing calling and being nice (although it's me being the PAYING CUSTOMER) I've been patient.
That has never been a problem.
My criticism was not towards anyone specific. But surely everyone understands that all local policies are a result of decisions being made higher up at Cooler Master headquarters. No local policy is self-made independent of the company itself. Believe me, I know how this works.
And it sucks to get a response after 2 months of nicely asking and begging and waiting for a solution to become available, that "no ETA is set for others than those at the North American area".
To me, that is nothing but ignoring paying customers. I mean you either make that policy available to everyone, or you don't.
ATM Cooler Master wants to ensure keeping the majority of the customers happy and satisfied, whilst not being worried about those outside the biggest selling point.
If this was a car with bad breaks, every single car no matter where would immediately get called in for repair.
But I guess since I've already paid for the case, being faulty in function doesn't really hurt Cooler Master, right? Hence me keep waiting... with no further information or notice. I must have sent at least 15 different e-mails to different parts of the world, both locally and non-locally... not even one reply received frown.gif
Great. Sorry but the one more important thing for a good solid company than its products, is always its customer support.
And so far, I've seen nada...

dude biggrin.gif did you got your new fan c...?

hate when kids crying...pls dont cry and just wait..

by by dude biggrin.gif:D:D and let us now dude biggrin.gif:D:D
post #105 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpffish View Post

dude biggrin.gif did you got your new fan c...?
hate when kids crying...pls dont cry and just wait..
by by dude biggrin.gif:D:D and let us now dude biggrin.gif:D:D
WOW, I'm astonished how verbal and mature and gutsy people actually are sitting at home behind a computer screen...
First off, learn how to spell.
Second, by by dude now dude. U now, yre kinda talk u dude, u know now now know now knowing dude.
I just talked your talk. I'm sure you got the message, dude.
by by dude.
BTW learn the difference between crying and reaching for help. Your world seem so small... I pray you'll grow up.
by by now know dude
post #106 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittornado View Post

WOW, I'm astonished how verbal and mature and gutsy people actually are sitting at home behind a computer screen...
First off, learn how to spell.
Second, by by dude now dude. U now, yre kinda talk u dude, u know now now know now knowing dude.
I just talked your talk. I'm sure you got the message, dude.
by by dude.
BTW learn the difference between crying and reaching for help. Your world seem so small... I pray you'll grow up.
by by now know dude
mate why you not return the case? oh yes it the best case ever/....you cant find good then this...you payd like 350e and you dont have 30e for a fan controller to use until they send you the replacement?!! mate just return the case and live as alone...we dont need people like you....if not go to doctor.
can i ask you?: from where ar you ? what country?!!!
thank DUDE:thumb:
post #107 of 180
My brain.....hurts.......from this thread.......
TJ Harlow Special
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7920 Asus Rampage ii Extreme HIS 6850 1gb HIS 6850 1gb 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator  OCZ Vertex 2 Samsung  Zalman CNPS9900 
OSMonitorMonitorCase
Windows 7 Ult Hanns G 27" Hanns G 27" Antec 1200 R1 
  hide details  
Reply
TJ Harlow Special
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7920 Asus Rampage ii Extreme HIS 6850 1gb HIS 6850 1gb 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator  OCZ Vertex 2 Samsung  Zalman CNPS9900 
OSMonitorMonitorCase
Windows 7 Ult Hanns G 27" Hanns G 27" Antec 1200 R1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #108 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpffish View Post

mate why you not return the case? oh yes it the best case ever/....you cant find good then this...you payd like 350e and you dont have 30e for a fan controller to use until they send you the replacement?!! mate just return the case and live as alone...we dont need people like you....if not go to doctor.
can i ask you?: from where ar you ? what country?!!!
thank DUDE:thumb:

If you could read, he said two or three pages ago that he's from Sweden. "..." is not really a form of punctuation. It just implies a bit of a hesitation in what is being said. In that regard, your posts seem like your fingers are suffering from some sort of mobility asthma. Calling someone "Dude" just makes you sound like a "Moron". And if you're really wondering why he hasn't returned the case, it's probably for the same reason that the majority of people even from the US never returned the case. It's a MASSIVE $350 USD case. Shipping costs would be completely insane. Plus there would quite possibly be a restocking fee. By the time you'd return the case, you'd probably be looking at spending half of what you already paid for the case. So what would be the point in returning it?
post #109 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by elementaldragon View Post

If you could read, he said two or three pages ago that he's from Sweden. "..." is not really a form of punctuation. It just implies a bit of a hesitation in what is being said. In that regard, your posts seem like your fingers are suffering from some sort of mobility asthma. Calling someone "Dude" just makes you sound like a "Moron". And if you're really wondering why he hasn't returned the case, it's probably for the same reason that the majority of people even from the US never returned the case. It's a MASSIVE $350 USD case. Shipping costs would be completely insane. Plus there would quite possibly be a restocking fee. By the time you'd return the case, you'd probably be looking at spending half of what you already paid for the case. So what would be the point in returning it?

mate if i want to return my case, they will pay for post...not me, very easy in ireland and very good onlline stores...i think Sweden = 0, and sorry.. dude = mate, it a nice word but for you...dont now why luck a bad think.. im out now and good luck guys..

in ireland i bought the case and 5 days later after claim i have my new fan controller...thanks CM thumb.gif
post #110 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpffish View Post

mate if i want to return my case, they will pay for post...not me, very easy in ireland and very good onlline stores...i think Sweden = 0, and sorry.. dude = mate, it a nice word but for you...dont now why luck a bad think.. im out now and good luck guys..
in ireland i bought the case and 5 days later after claim i have my new fan controller...thanks CM thumb.gif

and for @Bittornado: mate if cooler master dont send you the new fan controller in next 2 weeks,... i promise i will send you my new f controller, and i will keep the old one..i dont use.. prefer touch screen fan controller...just let me now and i will pay for everythig, pm your address in 2 weeks...i dont have a good feedback or many post in this forum...but i will help you
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cooler Master
Overclock.net › Forums › Manufacturer Forums › Cooler Master › Cosmos 2 Upgraded Fan Controller now Available in North America