PSU Update. I teased an unfinished picture of my powder coated PSU a couple of days ago, but now I'm done with them. And I'm going to do it. That's right. I'm going to do it. I'm going to lay claim to the title of "World's Most Beautiful PSU". I'll relinquish the title only upon picture proof.
You remember what I started with, right? This:
1) Powder coat the sides and bottom crimson to match the outside of the case.
2) Powder coat the top matte white to match the inside of the case.
3) Replace SanAce fan with a Noiseblocker M12-S2 with painted frame/blades and MDPC-X sleeve
4) Custom vinyl stickers to replace stock stickers
5) Copper plating of screws and fan grill. It's a real copper finish...not paint. Sealed...so it won't start tarnishing immediately.
After all of that...here is the PSU that allows me to claim the title "Worlds Most Beautiful PSU"
The only thing better looking than one....is two:
Some more shots at different angle These are big pictures so click one for more detail:
Closeup to see the copper plated screws. I think they look phenomenal.
And as good as the PSU's look outside the case....the look even better inside:
And they show-off just perfect through the window of the case.
I'll have another update tonight. Now that I have the PSU's done...I think I should be able to try and get a POST tomorrow. Still air cooled stuff right now...but I need to see if anything arrived DOA before my RMA periods run out.