Originally Posted by Wibble360
Yay! Well done for getting her fired up, looking forward to sitting down with a mug of coffee and looking through all the stats!
Yeah....overclocking and stats will be a fun portion of this build. I can't wait myself.
Originally Posted by Khepira
Annnddd, I've finally caught up on this log of yours. It only took an entire sick day in bed!
So question: You've got XT and LT mounted 1 space apart on the front panel. I found it's necessary for the same exact reasons though since the LT is mounted behind
a one-spacer front plate, it's just ever so slightly at a different depth from the XT on top. When I attempt to plumb, there's a short gap. A connection could
be made though not without bending both PCBs. How'd you go about solving this riddle?
I know what you mean about how long it takes to get caught up. I took a couple months off from the forums and I'm still not completely caught back up on all the build logs I'm following. Plus...there are lots of new ones I want to get into also. Totally into yours, by the way. Keep it up.
I had to play around with spacing a lot to get it to work. You can't use the same pieces on both sides of the connection and get it to work. Plus...the smallest extension is something like 5mm...which is MORE than you need to even things out. So...I ended up lucking into the following little trick just by playing around with it. On the Bitspower triple rotary 90 degree fittings....one end of the fitting has a rotary end that is slightly longer than the other rotary end. Use this to your advantage. For the two 90 degree turns...face one fitting with the fat rotary end facing the AQ5 pcb...and the other 90 degree fitting with the small rotary end facing the other AQ5. That gives you a little bit of differential to play with. Combine that with some extensions that are different sizes...and you can dial in the exact distance you need to make it work. Next time I'm taking some close-ups, I'll try and get a shot of the fittings between the two AQ5's so you can see what I did.
Originally Posted by linkdiablo
Since no one made the comment: your monitor looks puny next to the BBBB
P.S. I love your build and you hou look into watercooling your radiators ... 50+ fans ... do you have a pond outside to do swampcooling?
Yeah...that's a small extra monitor I use when working on new builds. My main rig has a 27 inch...but I think I'll upgrade to a 30 inch when I'm done with the BBBB. I'm not really into multi-monitor gaming at all, so I just want one large display, and then I'm playing with the idea of a wacom tablet display as a secondary monitor. No swamps in Edmond, OK!
Originally Posted by Fololight
spent multiple days looking through this build all i have to say is DANG.
Originally Posted by TheBadBull
Oh yes, I am glad I started following this build early.
Originally Posted by Whatts
I got in on page 44
Glad to see it's moving along again, thought this means the moment of cold turkey is inevitably coming closer...
Fololight...you're a man of few words. But thanks. I've still got some final wiring to do..and then lighting. But...there are always upgrades and new stats to do. But as soon as this one is 95% done and has become my primary day-to-day rig...I'm going to build my fiancee a smaller more modest computer. Still nice components...but probably only 1 graphics card and 1 or 2 radiators. Something pretty and girly. She'll like it.
Originally Posted by TPE-331
She's alive! Temps look sweet! Can't wait to see your data dumps.
Thank you sir. I'm going to have fun with that part also.
Originally Posted by Audiophile20
Glad to see your up and running. I got my board under water and it is working well. Love your "water lines" -- great design with all the valves and option routing!!! I decided to put 2x 5-way manifolds and in/out water for 3 sub loops - CPU, GPUs and MOBO blocks - a lot of tubing but still managing to get 1.1g/min with 2x D5 running in series at 60%. I am getting my AQ AE5 Pro replaced as I had some problems. That is on its way from Germany - Awesome service from Sven! My hats off. But I digress.
1. Leaks- I had put in-line sensors from Phobya and they both leaked under full pump force. So had to drain the loop and remove the sensors. I am curious, how do you like tin the inlines from AQ are they made by AQ or are they re-branded Phobya?
2. My CPU and GPU temps are stable 37C and 2x GTX580 at 33C and 32C - at idle. Do these look reasonable to you? I have not started load testing yet. Waiting for my replacement AQ5 to arrive.
3. Considering moving to 1/2" tubing from pumps to loop input and loop output to Rad1>Rad2. Do you see this making a difference in flow rates or most importantly temps?
Lovely build! Love all the copper in the build. I am house hunting and new home do not have as much copper as your build!
That's good flow! I think you'll be happy with the temp results.
1. I'm using the AquaComputer in-line sensors...but I don't really know if they are rebranding them from Phobya. After I replaced a missing o-ring, I've had no leaks on the 3x of them in my build. I wish I could get them in white though. The black and silver throws off my mojo.
2. Those are acceptable temps at idle. Mine is idling closer to 30C for the CPU and 27 for the GPU.
3. Not sure how much impact that would have on flow...but I would guess it would be minimal. I still have lots of testing to do, but so far it doesn't look like flow rate is having much impact on my component temps at all. Minimal at best. But...that may be simply because I have SOOOOOOO much radiator space. I would think flow would be more important in a smaller loop than mine, so that it ran back through the radiator as often as possible.