Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [Build Log] - The Big Budget Boomer Box (aka, the "BBBB")
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Build Log] - The Big Budget Boomer Box (aka, the "BBBB") - Page 59

post #581 of 3982
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpachris View Post

700
I somehow can't stop thinking T Virus when I see that res, and your color scheme accentuates that even more ... my knowledge of Resident Evil isn't all that great but it's either the actual color used for the virus or the Umbrella logo that intensifies the impression.

As always a pleasure to keep up with your build, I get to see a bit more every day, keep it up thumb.gif
post #582 of 3982
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkdiablo View Post

I somehow can't stop thinking T Virus when I see that res, and your color scheme accentuates that even more ... my knowledge of Resident Evil isn't all that great but it's either the actual color used for the virus or the Umbrella logo that intensifies the impression.
As always a pleasure to keep up with your build, I get to see a bit more every day, keep it up thumb.gif

Are you crazy? This looks nothing like Resident Evil! Not sure where you came up with that. wink.gif

700
post #583 of 3982
Haha....what type of fluid/color are you going to use? what about UV light?
post #584 of 3982
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest99 View Post

Haha....what type of fluid/color are you going to use? what about UV light?

Well, if like the reservoirs as much as I think I'm going to, I'll need to stick with distilled water, or at least something fairly translucent so that the etching shows up well. The insert on the reservoir can be removed, if I decide to go with deep colored dye. Mayhems has a new dye called "JovovichRed" which might look good. wink.gif I'm not really into the UV look, so probably nothing like that. But I might try it and see what it looks like. I think I'm going to prefer just a well lit inside through the use of some strip LED's around the edges and/or a luminous panel on the bottom (which I'm seriously considering).
post #585 of 3982
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpachris View Post


That was fun! For those of you as old as I am, the song and speed will make you remember a great old TV show. Anybody get it?

No one knew the TV show? Man...I feel old.
post #586 of 3982
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpachris View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpachris View Post


That was fun! For those of you as old as I am, the song and speed will make you remember a great old TV show. Anybody get it?

No one knew the TV show? Man...I feel old.
Why were the orings unused?
post #587 of 3982
.Benny Hill.....am I supposed to feel old now? LOL:D
post #588 of 3982
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest99 View Post

.Benny Hill.....am I supposed to feel old now? LOL:D

Awesome. Rep+ for knowing Benny Hill and admitting to the world that you're old. thumb.gif
post #589 of 3982
Instead of just normal white LED lighting, maybe try amber or flickering candle LEDs?
post #590 of 3982
Mayhem aurora looks sick. But I read that they clog your loop in no time and pearl effect leaves after 2 months of usage. Shame.....I really like the look of it.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbW1u9T_Su8&feature=relmfu



360
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [Build Log] - The Big Budget Boomer Box (aka, the "BBBB")