Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › [Official] Fractal Design Node 304 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Fractal Design Node 304 Owners Club - Page 47

post #461 of 7059
I posted a bunch of measurements earlier in this thread, with pics of my GPU at the time and the position of my mod/native connectors/cables, 160mm only leaves about 6mm from PSU. My Seasonic PSU uses flat cables which are also easier to snake around, and the mods are all under the bottom of theg gPU card, so they can be routed around or out up and over.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1266342/fractal-design-node-304-new-itx-case/380#post_19167670
NFC S4 Transplant
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3770K P8Z77-I DELUXE EVGA GTX 750 Ti Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz 2x8GB Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Win 10 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Linux Mint 17 Noctua L9i 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Win 10 Pro Linux Mint 17 HP Envy 32" Bang & Olufsen SIIG Mech 
PowerCaseMouse
Dell 330W brick plus HD Plex 160/200W NFC S4 Logitech M310 
  hide details  
Reply
NFC S4 Transplant
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3770K P8Z77-I DELUXE EVGA GTX 750 Ti Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz 2x8GB Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Win 10 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Linux Mint 17 Noctua L9i 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Win 10 Pro Linux Mint 17 HP Envy 32" Bang & Olufsen SIIG Mech 
PowerCaseMouse
Dell 330W brick plus HD Plex 160/200W NFC S4 Logitech M310 
  hide details  
Reply

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #462 of 7059
Quote:
Originally Posted by frack0 View Post

I posted a bunch of measurements earlier in this thread, with pics of my GPU at the time and the position of my mod/native connectors/cables, 160mm only leaves about 6mm from PSU. My Seasonic PSU uses flat cables which are also easier to snake around, and the mods are all under the bottom of theg gPU card, so they can be routed around or out up and over.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1266342/fractal-design-node-304-new-itx-case/380#post_19167670

Thanks for pics, the shot showing where an 11inch card would fall on a non modular PSU pretty much confirms I went the right way on my PSU decision.
Bat-Computer
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K GA-Z170N-WIFI Geforce Titan X Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM951 512GB (NVMe)  SAMSUNG EVO 850 500 GB Corsair H100i Windows 10 
KeyboardPowerCase
LG Electronics UM95 34UM95C Silverstone sx600 G Corsair 380T 
  hide details  
Reply
Bat-Computer
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K GA-Z170N-WIFI Geforce Titan X Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM951 512GB (NVMe)  SAMSUNG EVO 850 500 GB Corsair H100i Windows 10 
KeyboardPowerCase
LG Electronics UM95 34UM95C Silverstone sx600 G Corsair 380T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #463 of 7059
This is the best power supply to get if you are going to be these two:

This will work up to a titan:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256085

Use this one for a 690 if you have one (or a 7990)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256086

Those are the only two that you should use smile.gif They allow FULL SIZE cards and you can change the cable length and set everything to be they way you want smile.gif Though you can get a none modular and it will work ... you will have a LOT OF LEFT OVER CABLES! The case is already small so get a modular PSU.

PLUS 1 - The H90
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181036

The best (IMHO) Cooler for the case because of how quiet it really is biggrin.gif

Oh and in regards to build quality to the random Joe who is looking to buy this ... WOW, I love it and that is why I have used fractal the last 3 builds with out question.
Edited by Jackeduphard - 3/30/13 at 10:18am
Mini Dragon
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 ASRock H77M-ITX LGA 1155 Intel H77 GIGABYTE 680  CORSAIR Vengeance LP 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
MZ-7TD500BW Samsung 840  white laser ... corsair H90 Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
Qnix QX2700 Asus VS247H-P Asus VS247H-P Asus VS247H-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky MK Green LED Full Board Silverstone Tek Strider Series ATX12V/EPS12V 55... Fractal Node 304 Logitech G9 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
X Trak M-AUDIO BX5 G930 
  hide details  
Reply
Mini Dragon
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 ASRock H77M-ITX LGA 1155 Intel H77 GIGABYTE 680  CORSAIR Vengeance LP 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
MZ-7TD500BW Samsung 840  white laser ... corsair H90 Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
Qnix QX2700 Asus VS247H-P Asus VS247H-P Asus VS247H-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky MK Green LED Full Board Silverstone Tek Strider Series ATX12V/EPS12V 55... Fractal Node 304 Logitech G9 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
X Trak M-AUDIO BX5 G930 
  hide details  
Reply
post #464 of 7059
I've ordered a Node 304 case and a load of components and am concerned I've screwed it up a bit. Unfortunately I didn't realise there are potential issues with a CPU cooler impinging on either the graphics card or the RAM - can anyone have a look at this build and check whether it's likely to work?

Gigabyte H77N-WIFI Motherboard (SKT 1155, Mini-ITX)
SanDisk SDSSDX-240G-G25 Extreme 240GB SATA 6GB/s 7200rpm 2.5 Inch Internal SSD
Intel Core I5-3570 Processor (3.40GHZ, 6MB Cache, Socket 1155)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (120mm)
Club 3D 2GB AMD HD7870 Joker Graphics Card (925 MHz, Stream Processors: 1536, PCI-E 3.0)
Fractal Design Node 304 Case
Be Quiet E9 StraightPower 450W PSU
Crucial 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333Mhz Ballistix Sport Memory Kit CL9 1.5V

So apart from the CPU cooler I think it will all fit - the PSU is 160mm but non-modular - but has anyone tried this cooler with this motherboard?

Thanks
post #465 of 7059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackeduphard View Post

This is the best power supply to get if you are going to be these two:

This will work up to a titan:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256085

Use this one for a 690 if you have one (or a 7990)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256086

Those are the only two that you should use smile.gif They allow FULL SIZE cards and you can change the cable length and set everything to be they way you want smile.gif Though you can get a none modular and it will work ... you will have a LOT OF LEFT OVER CABLES! The case is already small so get a modular PSU.

PLUS 1 - The H90
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181036

The best (IMHO) Cooler for the case because of how quiet it really is biggrin.gif

Oh and in regards to build quality to the random Joe who is looking to buy this ... WOW, I love it and that is why I have used fractal the last 3 builds with out question.

Thanks for confirming which are the most popular choices. I looked at the Striders, they are modular but not much smaller then the Corsair AX750 I already have. Also some people have complained about the quality. Too bad since a short modular cable set seems perfect. I originally wanted an H90 for this case, but I am also interested in seeing which air coolers will fit my Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beepboop View Post

I've ordered a Node 304 case and a load of components and am concerned I've screwed it up a bit. Unfortunately I didn't realise there are potential issues with a CPU cooler impinging on either the graphics card or the RAM - can anyone have a look at this build and check whether it's likely to work?

Gigabyte H77N-WIFI Motherboard (SKT 1155, Mini-ITX)
SanDisk SDSSDX-240G-G25 Extreme 240GB SATA 6GB/s 7200rpm 2.5 Inch Internal SSD
Intel Core I5-3570 Processor (3.40GHZ, 6MB Cache, Socket 1155)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (120mm)
Club 3D 2GB AMD HD7870 Joker Graphics Card (925 MHz, Stream Processors: 1536, PCI-E 3.0)
Fractal Design Node 304 Case
Be Quiet E9 StraightPower 450W PSU
Crucial 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333Mhz Ballistix Sport Memory Kit CL9 1.5V

So apart from the CPU cooler I think it will all fit - the PSU is 160mm but non-modular - but has anyone tried this cooler with this motherboard?

Thanks

From what I have seen so far an 8.5 inch card should work with a 160mm non modular PSU, only have to worry about routing and where do you put the excess in a MITX case, but it can be done, see Blue Devils build as an example. The memory you chose is 30mm tall and your cooler has 37mm of clearance so it will be close but you won't hit your memory. Not hitting your vid card is a whole other story. I suppose you could mount it so the fan on the heat sink is perpendicular to the 140m exhaust fan, not sure how much of a negative impact it would have on the performance though.
Bat-Computer
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K GA-Z170N-WIFI Geforce Titan X Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM951 512GB (NVMe)  SAMSUNG EVO 850 500 GB Corsair H100i Windows 10 
KeyboardPowerCase
LG Electronics UM95 34UM95C Silverstone sx600 G Corsair 380T 
  hide details  
Reply
Bat-Computer
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K GA-Z170N-WIFI Geforce Titan X Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM951 512GB (NVMe)  SAMSUNG EVO 850 500 GB Corsair H100i Windows 10 
KeyboardPowerCase
LG Electronics UM95 34UM95C Silverstone sx600 G Corsair 380T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #466 of 7059
Quote:
Originally Posted by CesarNYC View Post

From what I have seen so far an 8.5 inch card should work with a 160mm non modular PSU, only have to worry about routing and where do you put the excess in a MITX case, but it can be done, see Blue Devils build as an example. The memory you chose is 30mm tall and your cooler has 37mm of clearance so it will be close but you won't hit your memory. Not hitting your vid card is a whole other story. I suppose you could mount it so the fan on the heat sink is perpendicular to the 140m exhaust fan, not sure how much of a negative impact it would have on the performance though.

Thanks for confirming the clearances - guess I'll just see how it goes. I think I saw a build on here where someone had mounted the 212 perpendicular to the main airflow, which looks a bit weird! It's annoying having to order all this stuff blind. Any recommendations for a better cooler choice if this one doesn't fit? I just want to minimise how loud it is.

Oh also the card is a 7870 XT which is listed at 268mm, so 10.5 inches.
post #467 of 7059
I'm having difficulties to find suitable PSU for my Node 304 gaming pc. It should be silent and modular, so maximum length is about 140mm. Any suggestions?
post #468 of 7059
Quote:
Originally Posted by beepboop View Post

Thanks for confirming the clearances - guess I'll just see how it goes. I think I saw a build on here where someone had mounted the 212 perpendicular to the main airflow, which looks a bit weird! It's annoying having to order all this stuff blind. Any recommendations for a better cooler choice if this one doesn't fit? I just want to minimise how loud it is.

Oh also the card is a 7870 XT which is listed at 268mm, so 10.5 inches.

Missed that it was the XT flavor, but you should still be ok since its non modular. A modular would be a no go at that length.

I am looking at the Silverstone NT06-PRO. It has only 32mm of clearance for RAM (assuming you use the stock 20mm thick fan in the bottom positon) so you are playing with a few hairs of space but it should work there. GPU should not be a problem if you orientate this HSF to hang more over the SATA ports side of the mobo. It has gotten very favorable reviews, you can add a fan in the top position to add more OC head room or lower rpm/quieter operation.

I am leaning more towards the Corsair H90 though. Just seems less hassle/easier access to the rest of the cables connected to the motherboard then a huge air cooler that will block pretty much all access to the mobo after installation.
Bat-Computer
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K GA-Z170N-WIFI Geforce Titan X Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM951 512GB (NVMe)  SAMSUNG EVO 850 500 GB Corsair H100i Windows 10 
KeyboardPowerCase
LG Electronics UM95 34UM95C Silverstone sx600 G Corsair 380T 
  hide details  
Reply
Bat-Computer
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K GA-Z170N-WIFI Geforce Titan X Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM951 512GB (NVMe)  SAMSUNG EVO 850 500 GB Corsair H100i Windows 10 
KeyboardPowerCase
LG Electronics UM95 34UM95C Silverstone sx600 G Corsair 380T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #469 of 7059
Quote:
Originally Posted by geez View Post

I'm having difficulties to find suitable PSU for my Node 304 gaming pc. It should be silent and modular, so maximum length is about 140mm. Any suggestions?

The Strider a few posts above was recommended

http://www.overclock.net/t/1266342/fractal-design-node-304-new-itx-case/400_100#post_19637847

Its modular and about 140mm.
Bat-Computer
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K GA-Z170N-WIFI Geforce Titan X Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM951 512GB (NVMe)  SAMSUNG EVO 850 500 GB Corsair H100i Windows 10 
KeyboardPowerCase
LG Electronics UM95 34UM95C Silverstone sx600 G Corsair 380T 
  hide details  
Reply
Bat-Computer
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K GA-Z170N-WIFI Geforce Titan X Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM951 512GB (NVMe)  SAMSUNG EVO 850 500 GB Corsair H100i Windows 10 
KeyboardPowerCase
LG Electronics UM95 34UM95C Silverstone sx600 G Corsair 380T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #470 of 7059
What would be the cheapest air cooler that would comfortably fit into this case? smile.gif
Would the iCEAGE Prima Boss II or Xigmatek Gaia fit?
Edited by crystaal - 4/8/13 at 10:38am
Elite 110
(7 items)
 
RVZ02
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Pentium G3220 MSI H81I Kingston ValueRAM 4GB 1333MHz  Kingston SSDNow V300 60GB 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional Seasonic G360 CoolerMaster Elite 110 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz  ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming Gigabyte R9 290 WindForce OC Corsair Vengeance® LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 2400MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel SSD 730 480GB Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B Windows 7 Professional Dell UltraSharp U2515H 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Tt eSPORTS POSEIDON ZX  Silverstone SX500-LG 500W  Silverstone Raven RVZ02 Mini-ITX Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 
  hide details  
Reply
Elite 110
(7 items)
 
RVZ02
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Pentium G3220 MSI H81I Kingston ValueRAM 4GB 1333MHz  Kingston SSDNow V300 60GB 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional Seasonic G360 CoolerMaster Elite 110 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz  ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming Gigabyte R9 290 WindForce OC Corsair Vengeance® LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 2400MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel SSD 730 480GB Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B Windows 7 Professional Dell UltraSharp U2515H 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Tt eSPORTS POSEIDON ZX  Silverstone SX500-LG 500W  Silverstone Raven RVZ02 Mini-ITX Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › [Official] Fractal Design Node 304 Owners Club