Originally Posted by DoctorNick
Well I have another update!Update 5 - Painting Part 2
So I didn't quite like the look of the paint I used yesterday. Considering it was actually primer, I went out and got some new spray paint. I think I won the lottery! It wasn't the kind CramComplex
suggested but the kind I got was EXTREMELY close. It was Rustoleum metallic colored. Sorry, I don't have the can on me and it's downstairs and I don't want to check. I'll check later if anyone is interested. It is NOT the chrome color. Well... let's get started!
Paint soaking. Oh hey! There's what kind of paint it is!
Paint booth set back up.
Close up of primer.
Case prepped for painting. This is really annoying to do because it's a tedious process but it keeps the paint off of the legs.
First coat. Ooh... shiny!
First coat of paint on the PSU housing.
Some closeup shots. You can see in the last one that I got too much paint on the inside of the housing so I had to wipe it off and spray again. Kind of looks like crap.
Second coat on the case.
Second coat on the housing. This coat looked much better.
Tape peeled off so you can see how close of a match it is. Pretty darn close!
Sorry for the last two pictures being dark. It started to sprinkle so I brought the stuff inside the garage.
Well that's it for today's update, I have a lot more work planned for this weekend. I think I'm going to do all of the cutting this weekend and paint the upper shelf as well. Hope you guys enjoyed it! Remember, post any comments/concerns/ or questions below! Thanks!