I don't see how the SGS2 is better...the Xperia S is better. I'm not sure the people commenting here have actually used the Xperia S.
- The screen is definitely bright and has great viewing angles. The blacks I've seen while not exceptional aren't 'poor' either.
- The HD screen is a nice bonus.
- The camera is MUCH better than the SGS2, Sony's smartphone cameras have always been top notch (at least in the Xperia line).
- Software support is there, and Sony also help developers out with Betas of ROMs, any assistance they need etc.
- As for the CPU it's a 1.5GHz dual-core, so it's no slouch. Unless you look at benchmarks all day there's no point comparing the two as they both do their job equally well
- Then comes the design of the phone, which is personal preference
1 - Screen on the S2 while lower in resolution is still much much better, better colors and generally all the benefits of S-AMOLED+
2 - True but it kills game performance and depending on what you're doing won't really see that much of a difference day to day.
3. Cameras have been moot point for ages in phones, it's not so much the hardware but the software that drives them.
4. Software support? Are you joking? Sony phones have always had a poor following when it comes to ROMS, My old Xperia X10 is a case in point, and STILL no ICS for the Xperia S, some support ay?
5. My sensation has the exact same chipset and on Ginerbread it lags like a *****, moving to ICS and a GPU accelerated UI made such a difference.
Now for the S2
1. Holding it's value better
2. Much much more support for ROMS etc...etc...
3. Much faster chipset
I could go on and on.....