Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Potalion 2710QW Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Potalion 2710QW Monitor Club - Page 24

post #231 of 322
Got mine a couple hours ago via DHL into the US. Put in the order on the 4th, got asked some questions on the 5th, and arrive by noon on the 9th, so pretty quick. Box looked good, had a outer coating of thin foam packing wrap on it. No visible bad pixels after a quick color test. Does have some light bleed. In comparing it to my 2010 27iMac in a dark room with both units at about 70% brightness, the 2710 is better than the iMac on the top and bottom right, approx equal on the bottom less and worse by quite a bit on the top left. You can mess with squeezing the bezel and change it, so it's clearly just a design/assembly issue with the case construction as others have indicated. I don't intend to use this much in low-light situations or for media-intense purposes so I'll probably just leave it as it won't bother me, but if I get curious I might disassemble it and try some black tape one day.

Overall all thumbs up for the price and service so far.

Hooked to a GT120 on a mac pro at the moment, FWIW...
post #232 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by soward View Post

Got mine a couple hours ago via DHL into the US. Put in the order on the 4th, got asked some questions on the 5th, and arrive by noon on the 9th, so pretty quick. Box looked good, had a outer coating of thin foam packing wrap on it. No visible bad pixels after a quick color test. Does have some light bleed. In comparing it to my 2010 27iMac in a dark room with both units at about 70% brightness, the 2710 is better than the iMac on the top and bottom right, approx equal on the bottom less and worse by quite a bit on the top left. You can mess with squeezing the bezel and change it, so it's clearly just a design/assembly issue with the case construction as others have indicated. I don't intend to use this much in low-light situations or for media-intense purposes so I'll probably just leave it as it won't bother me, but if I get curious I might disassemble it and try some black tape one day.
Overall all thumbs up for the price and service so far.
Hooked to a GT120 on a mac pro at the moment, FWIW...

Does taping make it better? I tried using screws, F-ed up my screen frown.gif
post #233 of 322
Of course every panel is different but see the last post on the previous page for the other two profiles. Try them, they make a BIG difference.
Edited by mikeseth - 3/12/13 at 11:13am
post #234 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeseth View Post

New calibration... Green tint removed by compensating with other colours (not just red). Looks good enough for my photographic needs. Looks great on OSX.
Get it here: http://d.pr/f/OZeY
Of course every panel is different but see the last post on the previous page for the other two profiles. Try them, they make a BIG difference.

How do you apply this, and after it's applied, how do you modify or revert back to default? I'm sure it's self-explanitory, but I have never done this so I'm just looking for a little guidance.

Thanks
post #235 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08G8V8 View Post

How do you apply this, and after it's applied, how do you modify or revert back to default? I'm sure it's self-explanitory, but I have never done this so I'm just looking for a little guidance.
Thanks

If you're on a Mac you can just copy the file into ~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles and select it from System Preferences -> Displays -> Colour -> Profile Name. To go back to other settings simply, select the default profile.

If you're on windows, follow the tutorial here: http://www.drycreekphoto.com/Learn/profile_install.htm

I need to buy a Spyder4Pro and calibrate mine professionally... There is still a slight (5% i would say) green tint, I cannot adjust for the greens manually, I can only compensate for them with other colours. If anyone has a calibrated profile (with green tint removed) that they want to share it would he helpful. Definitely prefer 2.2 Gamma.
post #236 of 322
Thanks, I'll look into this.
post #237 of 322
Got the Professional version.
Edited by mikeseth - 3/12/13 at 11:13am
post #238 of 322
Mounted mine to an Allcam MDM01 last night.

Had to tighten the joints to the extreme to stop it drooping, but it's all fine now, and my inquisitive kitten cannot knock it over biggrin.gif
post #239 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by edo101 View Post

Does taping make it better? I tried using screws, F-ed up my screen frown.gif

No sure in this case, since I haven't disassembled it yet. however, I had some moderate success in the past with gaff tape and an older 32" LCD panel...
post #240 of 322
Does anyone know what the LED power light codes represent?
Edited by mikeseth - 3/12/13 at 11:14am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Potalion 2710QW Monitor Club