Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Potalion 2710QW Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Potalion 2710QW Monitor Club - Page 29

post #281 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by edo101 View Post

What was wrong with your colors?



nothing major wrong with the colours they looked great out of the box with no blue tint reported by some so just did some minor tweeking to reduce the backlight bleed a little and get the tone to my liking
Edited by nownow - 7/25/12 at 12:40pm
post #282 of 322
OKay. Yeah mine still has a blue-greenish tint. Wierd that its just not blue or green but its a mixture. LOOKS AMAZING STILL but its still there. None of the provided profiles have helped much.
post #283 of 322
So I opened my monitor up to take out the stand mount (I've got a VESA mount) and I tried to fix some of my backlight bleeding at the same time. Added some extra screws to the top and right side, but I only had four that fit from my collection (no one around here seems to have screws that would fit). I also noticed that the top metal piece (the backer of the actual display) wasn't lined up right, so I tried my best to push it flush against the display's metal side, and used some electrical tape to hold it in there. It seems to have worked a bit, although there's still some bleeding.

I assume the plush-like thing on the bottom is the backlight? Anyone know how I'd go about safely removing that so I can add in extra screws?

e: got an image of the backlight with my fixes, though it's much more apparent in person:
z02fel.jpg
Edited by Rukus - 7/25/12 at 4:51pm
post #284 of 322
So, just got my Potalion, and I'm noticing some strange ghosting. I've swapped out the power converter to wall cord, tried it on all DVI ports on my Geforce 680, and even tried it on my wife's 7970 with the same issue. Besides ghosting, it also looks like the pixel clock is off, or something in that vein as it appears to have a very slight grid/vibrating pattern to it that I don't think the camera really captured well. The DVI cable works perfectly fine on a 1920x1200 display.



The image was a notepad window opened with some text in it, left in place for ten minutes before moving away.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may resolve this? I'm not going to go purchase a 15$ DVI cable as no where local has any in stock. Thanks.
Edited by Guswut - 7/25/12 at 9:14pm
post #285 of 322
BCC upped the partial refund to $140. I accepted. No spec of dust is worth $140.
Desktop
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2600K Gigabyte Z77-UD5H-WB XFX R9 290 DD XFX R9 290 DD 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G. Skill Seagate 750 GB Crucial SSD LG Blu-Ray Burner 
CoolingMonitorMonitorMonitor
Corsair H60 Push/Pull Potalion 27" Spectre 24" Panasonic 55" Plazma HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logtech GS700s 
Mouse Pad
Rocketfish Steel Mouse Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2600K Gigabyte Z77-UD5H-WB XFX R9 290 DD XFX R9 290 DD 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G. Skill Seagate 750 GB Crucial SSD LG Blu-Ray Burner 
CoolingMonitorMonitorMonitor
Corsair H60 Push/Pull Potalion 27" Spectre 24" Panasonic 55" Plazma HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logtech GS700s 
Mouse Pad
Rocketfish Steel Mouse Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #286 of 322
I read in this thread that this display works with a MacBook Pro with Apple's adapter - but will three of those work with the MBP? Looks like the adapter needs an USB port as well as a TB port, am I right?
post #287 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkidas View Post

I read in this thread that this display works with a MacBook Pro with Apple's adapter - but will three of those work with the MBP? Looks like the adapter needs an USB port as well as a TB port, am I right?

You can only hook up one as there is only one thunderbolt port.
post #288 of 322
Made an offer for $350. With postage that's £240. Sounds good to me.
Don't Push that!
(21 items)
 
 
TheBeast
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k ASUS ROG Rampage IV Sapphire 7970 16 GB Samsung DDR3 @ 1600 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial 128GB 2.5" M4 SSD  WD Red 1TB WD Red 1TB WD Red 1TB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Red 1TB LiteOn iHAS124-19 24x DVD±RW DL & RAM SATA Optical Silver Arrow Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Bitfenix Spectre Pro 230mm Windows 7 Corsair Professional Series AX750 750W Modular PSU Coolermaster HAF X 
MouseAudio
SteelSeries Sensei Laser Gaming Mouse ASUS XONAR DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 P5B-Deluxe Radeon HD 5970 Corsair  
CoolingCase
Hyper 212 Modded Cream Tower of Death 
CPUCPUCPUCPU
AMD Opteron 8439 SE AMD Opteron 8439 SE AMD Opteron 8439 SE AMD Opteron 8439 SE 
MotherboardGraphicsRAMRAM
H8QM8 560ti Kingston  Kingston  
RAMRAM
Kingston  Kingston  
  hide details  
Reply
Don't Push that!
(21 items)
 
 
TheBeast
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k ASUS ROG Rampage IV Sapphire 7970 16 GB Samsung DDR3 @ 1600 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial 128GB 2.5" M4 SSD  WD Red 1TB WD Red 1TB WD Red 1TB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Red 1TB LiteOn iHAS124-19 24x DVD±RW DL & RAM SATA Optical Silver Arrow Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Bitfenix Spectre Pro 230mm Windows 7 Corsair Professional Series AX750 750W Modular PSU Coolermaster HAF X 
MouseAudio
SteelSeries Sensei Laser Gaming Mouse ASUS XONAR DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 P5B-Deluxe Radeon HD 5970 Corsair  
CoolingCase
Hyper 212 Modded Cream Tower of Death 
CPUCPUCPUCPU
AMD Opteron 8439 SE AMD Opteron 8439 SE AMD Opteron 8439 SE AMD Opteron 8439 SE 
MotherboardGraphicsRAMRAM
H8QM8 560ti Kingston  Kingston  
RAMRAM
Kingston  Kingston  
  hide details  
Reply
post #289 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guswut View Post

So, just got my Potalion, and I'm noticing some strange ghosting. I've swapped out the power converter to wall cord, tried it on all DVI ports on my Geforce 680, and even tried it on my wife's 7970 with the same issue. Besides ghosting, it also looks like the pixel clock is off, or something in that vein as it appears to have a very slight grid/vibrating pattern to it that I don't think the camera really captured well. The DVI cable works perfectly fine on a 1920x1200 display.

The image was a notepad window opened with some text in it, left in place for ten minutes before moving away.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what may resolve this? I'm not going to go purchase a 15$ DVI cable as no where local has any in stock. Thanks.

It is best you contact the seller and DEMAND a refund or a return for a new set. The wait for a return might be painful if you don't have another monitor but for me it wasn't too. Summer school has kept me busy. ALOT
post #290 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukus View Post

So I opened my monitor up to take out the stand mount (I've got a VESA mount) and I tried to fix some of my backlight bleeding at the same time. Added some extra screws to the top and right side, but I only had four that fit from my collection (no one around here seems to have screws that would fit). I also noticed that the top metal piece (the backer of the actual display) wasn't lined up right, so I tried my best to push it flush against the display's metal side, and used some electrical tape to hold it in there. It seems to have worked a bit, although there's still some bleeding.
I assume the plush-like thing on the bottom is the backlight? Anyone know how I'd go about safely removing that so I can add in extra screws?
e: got an image of the backlight with my fixes, though it's much more apparent in person:
z02fel.jpg

I have no idea how you did it without damaging your screen. Anyway, what size screws did you use.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Potalion 2710QW Monitor Club