post #11 of 11
I'd be very careful with that; a pure oxygen enviroment will make things burn 5 times hotter and 5 times faster. Even a little tiny spark from faulty wiring, which may not do much in normal air could very easily cause a fast spreading fire in an oxygen enviroment. That same thing I described happened on Apollo 1 and burned all three astronauts onboard to death.

Also, any grease or oil can spontainously ignite in a pure oxygen enviroment as well. I don't know what's in AS5 or stuff that may be used to lubircate the bearings in fans and some drives but I'd probably avoid exposing them to pure oxygen.


Being that you do work for a respritory equipment company, I'm sure you know the rest of the precautions for handeling pure oxygen. As long as you have a place to safely vent the stuff, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Yes, I know oxygen by itself is not flammable contray to what most think. If that was true, the world would blow up as soon as one lit a match or from a lightning strike.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo E8400 MSI P45 Neo3-FR Sapphire Radeon HD3450 2 gb (2x 1gb Corsair XMS2 DDR2-6400) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
160gb Hitachi Deskstar Liteon SOHW 832s DVD R/RW Windows XP Home NEC LCD1760v 17" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Generic "Spill Proof" :) Antec NEO-HE 500 (500 watt) SuperPower Zephyr KS201XP Genius EasyMouse + 
Mouse Pad
Black 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo E8400 MSI P45 Neo3-FR Sapphire Radeon HD3450 2 gb (2x 1gb Corsair XMS2 DDR2-6400) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
160gb Hitachi Deskstar Liteon SOHW 832s DVD R/RW Windows XP Home NEC LCD1760v 17" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Generic "Spill Proof" :) Antec NEO-HE 500 (500 watt) SuperPower Zephyr KS201XP Genius EasyMouse + 
Mouse Pad
Black 
  hide details  
Reply