Originally Posted by ozzy1925
same for alphacool ut 60 240mm (280mm long) ?If i try push and pull?The mounting holes wont line up but i think thats not a big deal beacause i checked your top raditor mount you used different holes right?Btw here is my psu:
This is npo717
's build using RX240 rad (not V2) at the bottom with push/pull setup. The radiator dimension is 125 x 58.5 x 286 mm (WxDxL). The PSU is 180mm long (PCP&C Silencer 750W) but it's non-modular PSU. He was able to use the 240mm mounting holes. It's not possible with modular PSU because of the cables you're going to connect to the PSU. You will be fine by just using any holes that align with the radiator screw holes. The UT60 240mm rad is 60mm thick. The 58.5mm thick RX240 rad already very tight fit, see in the second picture. You can do push/pull with UT60 but you may need improvise.
Yes, you're correct because C70 not natively support 360mm rad but the design at the top of the case allow 360mm radiator to "breath" without any problem. Originally I managed to use 6 screws to secure the 360mm rad but after I got proper screws for my radiator, I just use 4 screws to secure the radiator. It's more than enough.
Originally Posted by npo717 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Test Fit and Leak Test:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This was a bit of a challenge to figure out. While the case is rated for two 240mm radiators, the bottom 240 can only be situated in one way with the inlet/outlet towards the front of the case. It just won’t fit any other way with a PSU installed. This was quite annoying as it wasn’t exactly how I wanted to run my tubes but as you’ll see it turned out alright in the end.
I neglected to account for my PSU being 2 cm longer than a lot of PSU’s these days. The PCP&C Silencer 750 is 180mm long and is NOT modular. A 160mm long PSU would have made things a hell of a lot easier on me. There is only a few mm between the radiator and the PSU. The cable bunch also comes out of the lower half of the PSU making it a little more difficult to run cables though the cabling holes in the case. After some swearing, hair loss, and an hour of searching online for a deal on a 160mm psu replacement, I gave fitting it another try. I had to cut the cable tie around the bottom of the cable bunch in order to fan out the cables to fit the radiator. It’s a tight fit. There’s going to be no removal of that psu without removing the radiator.
I did some of the tubing right away seeing as how there really was no other way to run them. Running the tubing was a piece of cake. No problems there. The DVD drive had to go on the bottom or it would block getting tube to the top radiator from my reservoir. Not a big issue either. The last bit of tubing I did by leaving my bay reservoir partially out of the front of the case so there was enough give on the tube I could just pull the bay reservoir out to get to the fill port.
Everything was ready for the leak test.
Bleeding the system was a chore. It was difficult to tell if I was getting any flow from my pump or not as it didn’t seem like there was any flow going through the tubes. I was worried the MCP655 pump wasn’t going to cut it and that I had underestimated the restriction. I guess I just expected 1gpm to seem a little faster than it actually is. I wasn’t convinced till I actually saw my temperatures. In retrospect I should have added a flow indicator into the loop. Using the bay reservoir where you do not see flow and having solid color tubing, I’d recommend a flow indicator.
I can now also comment on the MCP655 pump. This thing is quiet. I could barely hear it on its highest setting. It was also cool to the touch after 24 hours of operation for the leak test after bleeding the air from the system. It did not transfer a lot of vibration to the case, and the vibration that it did transfer was not audible. The case has no rattle to it either so all in all I was quite happy with the pumps performance.
The bay reservoir itself was easy to work with as well. It would have been nice if the little window on the front were a little wider so that you could see the inlet but that’s just a “would be nice”. My killcoil also seems to have disappeared. I dropped it in the reservoir but as I was tipping the case about during bleeding it must have gotten wedged somewhere.